wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Artist's Discussion and Queries
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 12-16-2006, 03:18 PM   #1
xombie
Banned

xombie has a spectacular aura about (79)xombie has a spectacular aura about (79)xombie has a spectacular aura about (79)

Default Request: Really Good Corpse Explosion

There seems to be a lack of really good and beefy corpse explosion models. What makes a good corpse explosion is a) the right acceleration of blood outwards as if being exploded, b) enough AoE so that it looks like it would do some damage, and c) a few bones just to make it authentic. Corpse explosion from Dialbo II is a decent idea so see whatch'all can do.
xombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 12-17-2006, 04:33 PM   #2
illidan92
Banned

illidan92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past (-10)

Heres one. I didn't get extra bones in there but the blood splat is pretty big and gruesome.

Heres 2 images of it from start to half way.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Corpse Explosion01.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	17620
Here we go!
Click image for larger version

Name:	Corpse Explosion02.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	17622
Cool! Nice n bloody.
Attached Files
File Type: mdx HumanSmallDeathExplode.mdx (12.9 KB, 9 views)
illidan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 08:59 PM   #3
xombie
Banned

xombie has a spectacular aura about (79)xombie has a spectacular aura about (79)xombie has a spectacular aura about (79)

Sweet I'm going to try this out right now.

Edit: Sorry I didn't have much time before, but now I do.
It's 'okay' but I'm looking for something with a lot of force. Using this is sort of just like if a rock were to land in a pool of blood, not a magical explosion from within a dead body. Of course, this is better than anything I could do, and I'm not saying its bad; its just not 'powerful' enough.

Last edited by xombie : 12-17-2006 at 09:21 PM.
Old 12-18-2006, 04:05 AM   #4
Xlightscreen
User

Submissions (2)

Xlightscreen is on a distinguished road (19)

Send a message via MSN to Xlightscreen

Illidan just add a regular Explosion Flash partical on it and you should get what he wants.

Xlightscreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 09:24 PM   #5
xombie
Banned

Well, I'm not sure exactly what all of this means (I have an idea of the explosion flash thingie) but here are some specifics I want based on what you have already.

a) Smaller blood particles, perhaps blood that looks more along the lines of this blood: Objects\Spawnmodels\Human\HumanBlood\BloodElfSpellThiefBlood.mdl
b) A small explosion dust or flash in an AoE fashion would greatly increase the feel of force behind this explosion.
c) In terms of particle emission, the blood should come out faster at the beginning and slow down (due to air resistance and gravity) this would also compliment the "explosion" feel.

These are high demands (i think), but it should look damn good when its completed.

Last edited by xombie : 12-18-2006 at 09:24 PM.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:50 PM   #6
illidan92
Banned

I got one going. It blasts out dust and blood at hiiiigh speeds, just sending it flying. Also added an explosion sound. Tell me what ya think.

WOOOOW I tested this in game and i'm saying to myself "WHOOOA!!". The mixture of the guts and exploding sound plus the blood and dust just flying out is amazing. The thing that makes it even COOLER is that the blood reigns back down from the ground at speeds so realistic it's scary! You have GOT to test this in game it is so cool! I watched it like 7 times in a row >.>. You can go here to see some screenies :D.
Attached Files
File Type: mdx HumanSmallDeathExplodeDust.mdx (13.8 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by illidan92 : 12-19-2006 at 12:16 AM.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:27 AM   #7
xombie
Banned

Lol I'm reading your post now I CAN'T WAIT STUPID W.E. OPEN GOD DAMNIT!!

Edit: Dude this thing is enormous. Scale Size 1.00 takes up 1/4 the map on a 160x128.

Last edited by xombie : 12-19-2006 at 12:31 AM.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:33 AM   #8
illidan92
Banned

Not to be a jerk who just wants rep., but my rep. got negative because for some unknown reason I supposedly attached copywrited material into one of my posts (in which I didn't even have any attachments in the first place) and I got massive negative rep. for said accident. Could you give me some rep. to counter-act it? I didn't steal anything, I think it was probably just an accident or something.

It does? I tested it at 1 and it's big but not un-useably big.

Heres one thats a little smaller, but it doesn't eject as fast.
Attached Files
File Type: mdx HumanSmallDeathExplodeDustSmaller.mdx (13.8 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by illidan92 : 12-19-2006 at 12:58 AM.