wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Art Gallery > Terrain
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 11-20-2009, 02:40 AM   #1
The_Phalanx
User

Submissions (1)

The_Phalanx has little to show at this moment (1)

Default Dalaran

So, I don't know how many of you might remember, but the original Dalaran was actually built on a place called Cross Island, which back in WC2 you destroyed in the Orc Campaign. Since then, this has been mostly left out, with WC3 Dalaran never appearing as a cross shape in any of the campaign maps it was included in and is now a giant floating circle at Northrend. Well I decided to create what Cross Island Dalaran would like if it had the same architecture style that WC3 portrays it as. This is like my first "cinematic" terrain, I normally just do playable stuff, so yes there's gonna be problems with it. Namely, the size of the Trees is very much out of scale because I sorta forgot about it. If I were to make this playable, units would probably be at .3 scale or something around that. Enjoy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dalaran02.jpg (132.5 KB, 826 views)
File Type: jpg Dalaran03.jpg (175.2 KB, 456 views)
File Type: jpg Dalaran04.jpg (166.7 KB, 413 views)
File Type: jpg Dalaran05.jpg (145.6 KB, 396 views)
File Type: jpg Dalaran06.jpg (67.1 KB, 404 views)

Clan LSI Chieftain
The_Phalanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 11-21-2009, 01:18 AM   #2
Nuclear Arbitor
Reputation Leech

Submissions (1)

Nuclear Arbitor has a spectacular aura about (83)Nuclear Arbitor has a spectacular aura about (83)Nuclear Arbitor has a spectacular aura about (83)

interesting but the lack of dalaran models makes it very plain and boring...
Nuclear Arbitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 06:04 PM   #3
The_Phalanx
User

Submissions (1)

I don't really use imports...ever.

Clan LSI Chieftain
Old 11-21-2009, 09:54 PM   #4
WILL THE ALMIGHTY
. . .

Submissions (21)

WILL THE ALMIGHTY is just really nice (284)WILL THE ALMIGHTY is just really nice (284)

Interesting, but the fact that the Dalarn tileset and doodads remain the ugliest in the World Editor make this look pretty bad.
[21-10-16] Ash: WILLTHEALMIGHTY, IT IS NOT SAFE OUT THERE, TAKE THIS!
[21-10-16] Ash gives WILL a kitten.
WILL THE ALMIGHTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 11:41 AM   #5
ELx
User

ELx has little to show at this moment (0)

Send a message via AIM to ELx

llol phalanx i remember u from Clan mapz, first thing that this fails at is the size, citys are huge this looks like its 64x64, now normaly for a terrain thats fine but ur doing a full one so you need to make it bigger. Second the ground shouldn't be so flat, its boring and looks bad. Third your using alot of buildings, this may be a city but this isnt what looks good, you need to get 1 epic dalaran model, then model around that making the city kinda flow from the 1 central unit. That model should be visable from anyware too. And unfortunently "I dont use imports. ever." will not make you a good terrain artist. wc3 models are ugly, simply because most of them were made to be veiwed in the 1 third person camera. most buildings with open doors dont even have a internal texture, so you need to change your opinion on things.

But you do have good things in this, for 1 i love the stairs to the fountain. That was simply briliant. And its not like this city was an after thought and u thru it together, it looks like you spent some time on it, and realy enjoy doing this stuff. You also do under stand what i was saying above but using the same model and adding other models doesnt look that great.
Over all 6/10 +Rep

Last edited by ELx : 01-20-2010 at 11:43 AM.
ELx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:38 PM   #6
The_Phalanx
User

Submissions (1)

I perfectly understand what you mean ELx, but I'm not that much of a fan of importing models. This was just something that I felt like doing, and I can't do much to avoid using the same model considering Dalaran has at most like 6 models I can use :/

Clan LSI Chieftain
Old 01-20-2010, 09:41 PM   #7
ELx
User

ELx has little to show at this moment (0)

Send a message via AIM to ELx

i do beleave you should improvise, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnY_9gCpBlI 1:08 seconds, if u have a question on what he used or what it is just ask :)

Last edited by ELx : 01-20-2010 at 09:42 PM.
ELx is offline   Reply With Quote