wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Cinematics > Cinematics Archive
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 08-30-2009, 10:26 AM   #31
Squidle
User

Squidle has little to show at this moment (0)

This was so... awesome.
I wish I could understand Jass and make such a cinematic O_o"
Squidle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 09-05-2009, 01:57 AM   #32
Hemlock
user

Hemlock will become famous soon enough (70)Hemlock will become famous soon enough (70)Hemlock will become famous soon enough (70)

Send a message via AIM to Hemlock

I must admit your cinematic looks allot better than it previously did, some action syncing has been improved a couple of terrain improvements.

I heard you upgraded the music, but I still don't fancy it too much.
Quality wise it just doesn't fit the rest of the cinematic, if that would be a fair comment.

Other than that, the only 2 pieces of terrain I still like are inside the cave and at the tomb of sargeras, even tho the cave is a bit empty on filling.

The trees that you use on the scene where sylvanas dies, the leaves go through the ground, thats not how a tree in RL grows.
I could comment on the snow, but I guess that would be a bit lame, even tho you use allot of scene's in your snowy landscape and that it can give your cinematic a bit of an empty feeling.

Last but not least, there is a little glitch (at least when I checked it twice) with the lightning when you snap over to maiev after sylvanas dies on that bridge.
The light is still on when you pan, and then suddenly gets destroyed and your screen is dark.

Obviously I don't want to be the picky guy myself, since I never managed to release some action related to this, but I hope this be noted as constructive criticism.
Hemlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 07:56 AM   #33
uberfoop
User

Submissions (1)

uberfoop will become famous soon enough (29)

AI tournament - 2nd place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock
Last but not least, there is a little glitch (at least when I checked it twice) with the lightning when you snap over to maiev after sylvanas dies on that bridge.
The light is still on when you pan, and then suddenly gets destroyed and your screen is dark.
Firstly, Sylvanas was the high elf archer who defended quel'thelas and was later raised as a dark ranger. You're thinking of Tyrande.

Second, the light kill was intentional. It was the moment where Tyrande falls (Note: Not dies, hence the final night elf level in TFT.), thus extinguishing the light source (starfall).

Last edited by uberfoop : 09-05-2009 at 07:57 AM.
uberfoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 02:11 PM   #34
Hemlock
user

Hemlock will become famous soon enough (70)Hemlock will become famous soon enough (70)Hemlock will become famous soon enough (70)

Send a message via AIM to Hemlock

it still looks akward, because the fact is that she does an animation and in the middle of the animation, the lightsource is being removed.

I don't have anything against the fact that the light gets removed, but don't do it in the mids of an animation, or just after you pan.
Hemlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 01:31 PM
The Phantom
This message has been deleted by The Phantom.