wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Triggers & Scripts
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2002, 12:40 AM   #1
Ribking

I've finally learned how to modify custom units and stats through
mpq editing....(Many many thanx to Duh, Plovatonm, and Dataangel).

Here's what I'm TRYING to do....
My custom hero units have (will have) 8 spells each...all custom
spells. 4 of them are normal abilities and 4 are hero abilities,
with one being an "ultimate" type.

The problem is the 4 buttons in the first row (0,0 thru 3,0). I
cant seem to get rid of them. No one actually USES the
"move", "stop", and "attack" buttons
anyway. I'd be keeping the "hold" button and the
"attack" button (just changing their position), but would
like to get rid of the rest.

I've tried moving the unwanted buttons to a non-existent
location (ie. 4,0) but that crashes WC3....

I've tried moving them all to 3,2....and that works alright
until I get the "ultimate" hero ability and cant see it.

I've tried deleting them completely from the .txt file, but
for some reason that puts icons of Sam (I think thats who it is) in
their places.

Any suggestions?

Id like to have the her[O] abilities in 0,0 (done that), have
[A]ttack in 1,0 (done that), and alternate attack in 2,0 (still
working on that one), and [H]old position in 3,0 (done that).

Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 10-31-2002, 09:34 PM   #2
Ribking

Can anyone at least point me to somewhere that can answer this for me?
So far, I only read about being able to move the position of the buttons, but not delete them.

Old 11-01-2002, 12:45 AM   #3
Raw Kuts

change the position to (5,5) or something so it's off screen?

Old 11-02-2002, 11:37 AM   #4
Benji_123

I believe after the 1.03 patch and the load order being screwed moving buttons doesn't really work anymore, although I could be wrong.

Old 11-02-2002, 06:56 PM   #5
dataangel
User

Respected User

Submissions (1)

dataangel will become famous soon enough (42)dataangel will become famous soon enough (42)

Approved Map: Battledome ]|[

It still works for mpq editing...

But in any case. I myself ran into this problem trying to make my TD map, and the short answer is: There's no way. I've tried absolutely everything I could think of...well....except one crazy l33t idea, and if you do this, like, you're nuts and better post your map up here just so I can bask in your insanity:

In the mpq replace the .blp files for rally, etc. with ones for the spells you want that won't fit. Then setup a system of triggers to detect those orders and cast the spell instead of doing the order. The reason this will work is because when the user right clicks the game gives a "smart" order, but when you hit the button it's "attack" or "move."

Like I said, if you go that far, you're crazy, but cool :)
Old 11-04-2002, 04:20 AM   #6
Elfis

I was trying to get past this problem too. I would like to get rid of "move" and "patrol". (Note that you need the attack, hold position, and probably stop commands because they can't be done with a right click and if the button isn't showing, the hotkey doesn't work.)

You can move any buttons you want to the lower right corner, and the first button the game tries to add will appear, forcing the rest of them into oblivion.

The problem is that the move button is the most powerful force in the universe! You can delete it and it comes back with the face icon. And it takes priority over every other button in the game, so when you put it in the bottom corner, it sticks, forcing anything else you want to put there off the screen.

So, the answer so far is that you can get rid of any number of buttons you like EXCEPT THE MOVE BUTTON by putting them in the bottom right corner and putting the move button on top of them.

Old 11-04-2002, 03:52 PM   #7
Ribking

Thank you once again dataangel and many thanks to you, Elfis.

I think I know what I will do!
As I was reading Elfis' post, I realised that what I was trying to acomplish was 4 buttons that are commands which would leave me 8 buttons for spells and stuff...I was so caught up in trying to remove buttons that I didnt even think to just reconfigure my setup!

All I would have to do is move the whole top row down to the bottom row and then make my spells appear on the top 2 rows. Any button I dont want will be placed at 3,2 and then replaced with the move commad...as Elfin said.

Too bad I have to go to wokr now....it will have to wait until tonite.

Thanx again guys

Closed Thread