wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Code Resources > Scripts
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 10-31-2011, 10:56 AM   #16
Bannar
User

Bannar has little to show at this moment (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitarf
Bribe, if you were really interested in getting this approved you wouldn't be pontificating pointlessly like that. You're just making it seem like you can't come up with any convincing examples.
Anitarf, I'm sorry but if you have entered THW site for even a minute, you would have not asked for "convicing examples" for usage of RPUE.

Currently, it's reedited by Magtheridon96 (link here). And the Jass Resources section holds at least few convincing examples. Also, even if such short library isn't a BIG efficiency improvement (although it IS an improvement) you can't say it's not handy, thats for sure. And the thing is: we develop new things to make world more "handy".

Last edited by Bannar : 10-31-2011 at 10:59 AM.
Bannar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 02-02-2012, 07:36 AM   #17
Magtheridon96
User

Magtheridon96 has little to show at this moment (0)

It's not actually re-edited by me.
It's posted here by Bribe so wc3c.net could have it too.
Plus, he came up with the idea to shrink down the code so that I only handle
playerunitevents. In previous versions, the resource was called CommonEvent
and I allowed users to register EVENT_PLAYER_LEAVE and
EVENT_PLAYER_END_CINEMATIC along with a ZeroGameTime event ;o

This implementation is way better :)
You're never going to have more than one EVENT_PLAYER_END_CINEMATIC
registration. Same goes for the EVENT_PLAYER_LEAVE event. (Well, for the leave event,
you're probably going to have 2 or 3 other registrations max, but that doesn't really matter)

Having the ZeroGameTime event would've been really awkward so I removed it.

Last edited by Magtheridon96 : 02-02-2012 at 07:37 AM.
Magtheridon96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:11 PM   #18
cohadar
master of fugue

Submissions (5)

cohadar is just really nice (250)cohadar is just really nice (250)cohadar is just really nice (250)cohadar is just really nice (250)cohadar is just really nice (250)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bribe
To reduce the cumbersome amount of handles generated by registering a player unit event for each player, this system localizes it all and groups everything together. blah blah blah...
First I would like to say I can't believe this idiocy was approved in the first place.
Who gives a fuck about amount of event handles, seriously people.
This does not even save memory or improve performance in any significant way.

And the interface is pure crap.
Why would I want to write this:
call RegisterPlayerUnitEvent(EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_DEATH, function OnDeath)
when I can simply write this:
call Trig_OnDeathEvent(function OnDeath) (example from 4vsUndead)

Above all calling 10 lines of code a system is just insulting,
and there is even some idiot hailing this as a source of pride on hive, I mean really.

There are libraries like this all over my maps (they are just 20 times better naturally) I just don't care to publish them because my maps are already open source.

This is probably in the top 3 of most crappy resources on wc3c, and that is saying a lot considering how heavy competition is in the crap category these days.

Last edited by cohadar : 02-02-2012 at 11:12 PM.
cohadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:57 AM   #19
Bribe
User

Submissions (1)

Bribe will become famous soon enough (30)Bribe will become famous soon enough (30)

Send a message via AIM to Bribe

First, Anitarf approved this because another resource had been approved in the past (http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=105839), to which Vexorian wrote:

Quote:
bleh this is so clever and it got some doubtful usefulness that it reminds me of TimedHandles.

I know of a crowd that would like it, and the code itself is all right, so approved.

Second, the Jass Vault (http://www.wc3jass.com/) would have been the perfect place for this as that is more suited to small snippets. However, wc3c does not have such a distinction and Anitarf was pretty content not even allowing this snippet to be shared as an individual item.

Third, you don't have a snippet with code size this compressed and public API this intuitive, while keeping the same utility and not coupling irrelevant features with it. So to say you make "libraries like this" means nothing.

Last edited by Bribe : 02-03-2012 at 11:08 AM.
Bribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:03 PM   #20
cohadar
master of fugue

Submissions (5)

cohadar is just really nice (250)cohadar is just really nice (250)cohadar is just really nice (250)cohadar is just really nice (250)cohadar is just really nice (250)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexorian
doubtful usefulness
Not doubtful to me. (read my previous post again, it may seem like trolling to you, but it does have arguments)

Nothing personal Bribe but this resource really is crap.
At least make a proper interface so you can say it saves on typing time.
(PS: "intuitive public API" joke was a good one, I loled)

Last edited by cohadar : 02-03-2012 at 03:08 PM.
cohadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 02:29 PM   #21
Bribe
User

Submissions (1)

Bribe will become famous soon enough (30)Bribe will become famous soon enough (30)

Send a message via AIM to Bribe

First, I know you didn't lol, cause no one really laughs when they write "lol".

Second, it is quite intuitive because it accesses all the existing playerunitevent constants, and everyone has used that with TriggerRegisterAnyUnitEventBJ for years, suddenly it's not intuitive makes me "lol" (and I mean that fake Internet "lol", where I'm really just sitting here with a straight face).

Third, since you are still under the presumption this is "crap", I'll quote your first post again:

Quote:
This does not even save memory ... in any significant way.

I firmly disagree with the above quoted text. Any amount of saved handles is significant. If your philosophy is different regarding handles, then say that, otherwise, you're attacking the wrong front.
Bribe is offline   Reply With Quote