wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Town Hall > WC3C News
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 03:55 AM   #61
BloodStorm2262
User

BloodStorm2262 has little to show at this moment (2)

Although I had nothing to do with these "attacks" and sadly, or gladly, missed them... I want to apologize, wether it was Terran or not... It was someone with access to our websites hosting, so probably Terran or Syn, most likely Syn in my opinion. I at this time will continue working with GTW, and believe in the team to finish it on time.

And I have a few questions, what the hell is Wc3c doing thats "corrupted" this seems ridiculous to me that a whole "league" could form from this. And thanks to Tim., specially for this part *"we still love you"*

LONG LIVE WC3C!!!

Last edited by BloodStorm2262 : 03-18-2006 at 04:00 AM.
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 03-18-2006, 09:47 AM   #62
pins
User

pins has little to show at this moment (0)

Hi there, I'm a skinner for GTW.

I can't believe TerranUp would act so stupidely, and if he did, then I hope he realized how it is dumb.
Anyway, don't report your hate for the spammer on GTW mod, it's stupid... I could spam under the name of "Lambda_rulz" and all of you would say "LAMBDA SUCKS ! THEY SPAM US !" ?
I'm not trying to offend or anything, just that I don't see how our mod could be implied in the spamming by one person.
That's all ;)
Old 03-18-2006, 10:18 AM   #63
Zapp90
User

Submissions (6)

Zapp90 will become famous soon enough (34)Zapp90 will become famous soon enough (34)

By one person?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vex
he and some other guys took it way too personally and started the attacks because he was banned

Also, there are a nice thing here on the internet called ip adress.
Old 03-18-2006, 10:34 AM   #64
pins
User

One or a few, I doubt it is representative of GTW. it isn't impossible some fanboyz could be offensed to see TU had been banned, I wont name anyone^^.

Quote:
Also, there are a nice thing here on the internet called ip adress.
Old 03-18-2006, 11:01 AM   #65
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

I don't like image abuse of any kind, pins. So I removed that O RLY? owl pic.

It was terran, the proof is on the post he made in his own forum. As I said no one would know about SuckerMeDucker's or Dude222's posts unless he was the guy who posted them.

BloodStorm: I removed your color tags, I am using a WIP style that is blue-based and your post seemed really ugly.
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Old 03-18-2006, 11:05 AM   #66
pins
User

Quote:
I don't like image abuse of any kind, pins. So I removed that O RLY? owl pic.

Ok, sorry.

Anyway, if Terran did this, I HOPE he understood he have been stupid.
The GTW mod still seems cool to me, so I wont give it up.
Old 03-18-2006, 11:41 AM   #67
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

I hope you guys make him rethink things. So he doesn't waste his time on this anymore and he starts to work in the mod again instead of trying to piss us.
Faster != more useful
Old 03-18-2006, 11:44 AM   #68
pins
User

Quote:
I hope you guys make him rethink things. So he doesn't waste his time on this anymore and he starts to work in the mod again instead of trying to piss us.

I guess he rethought for himself ;)

I don't think I'll post here because I left all wc3 moding, except GTW.
So, cya all !
Old 03-18-2006, 02:23 PM   #69
BloodStorm2262
User

BloodStorm2262 has little to show at this moment (2)

"Now, you ask, if there was little to gain, why nudge Onwer to make such a post? Well, there didn't seem to be anything to lose at the time, and there was a minute possibility it might do some good. If nothing else, it certainly wouldn't hurt the mod's image (that was my thinking at the time; of course, at the time I did not know that Onwer was masking his ip with mine)."

This was said by Terran, so apparantly he had something to do with this.
So again, sorry.
Old 03-18-2006, 05:02 PM   #70
Captain Griffen
Dread Lord of the Cookies

Content Director

Submissions (2)

Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)

Approved Map: Warlords[Quicksilver #2] - 1st Place

It is, I believe, impossible to mask your IP with someone elses, without:

a) Them running something that can be used as a proxy server deliberately, in which case they are very suspect, or
b) Them being hacked, and then using their internet connection to do it.

If it was a, he's still guilty as hell. If it was b, I'm very much suprised anyone would go to the trouble of hacking him, when they could just use any number of proxy servers.
Old 03-18-2006, 05:42 PM   #71
Fulla
Evil Overlord

Submissions (3)

Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)

So do the admins still know/think ownderdude = terranup?

Could you post the IPS to just proove it an end the argument.
Old 03-18-2006, 05:56 PM   #72
Captain Griffen
Dread Lord of the Cookies

Content Director

Submissions (2)

Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)

Approved Map: Warlords[Quicksilver #2] - 1st Place

They've already stated that the IPs are the same. TU16 has admitted that the IPs are the same. And I highly doubt they can give out the IPs, due to legal reasons.
Old 03-18-2006, 05:58 PM   #73
Tim.
Missing You All at Wc3c

Site Owner

Submissions (18)

Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)

Approved Map: PiratesSpell making session 3 winner

Look, I am now closing this thread because it has gone from a 'What do you think about this crazy spam?' to 'I'm sorry!!' and 'Prove why he was banned!!'. We already proved they share the same IP's before, Fulla. GTW members, do not worry, you do not control TerranUp. I only hope he learns from this. End of story, Closed.

Avast! Seen Pirates? Get it here!
Old 03-18-2006, 06:14 PM   #74
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

And well even if he was innocent back them, he is now guilty for the spam he caused so it doesn't matter anymore . I would leave the thread open actually, cause they didn't seem to be defending him but just commenting but oh well it is OT and there isn't much left to say about this topic anyways
Faster != more useful
Old 03-18-2006, 06:18 PM   #75
Tim.
Missing You All at Wc3c

Site Owner

Submissions (18)

Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)

Approved Map: PiratesSpell making session 3 winner

Exactly, it's moving off topic, and there really is nothing else to say about this anyway.

Avast! Seen Pirates? Get it here!
Closed Thread