wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Cinematics
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2003, 10:26 PM   #1
Shooter02
User

Shooter02 has little to show at this moment (0)

Hey dk/insane i was wonderin is it better it actully terrian out your map and have it like its a real world or just make what u need so it looks like its real. i kno dk used more of a real world than insane's map but they are also very different. just wonderin for my own map:ggani:
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 03-18-2003, 03:01 AM   #2
DaemonKillar
User

Respected User

Submissions (1)

DaemonKillar has a spectacular aura about (77)DaemonKillar has a spectacular aura about (77)DaemonKillar has a spectacular aura about (77)

You mean take the COTN maps and create a new hsitory out of them? I'm not sure I like this :)

Try to learn out of the way i built my sceneries, that's the key to get better!
Old 03-18-2003, 03:56 AM   #3
Insaniteus
User

Respected User

Insaniteus is on a distinguished road (11)

Let's all applaud DaemonKiller for his reading skills lol. You didn't answer his question...

He asked if it was better to create a fully terrained map first like you, or just build as you go like me.

The answer is that Daemon's way is better, but alot harder. There is no question that his terrains look like exotic and majestic worlds where mine basically look like movie sets. I suck at terrains, although in IC I thought some of my terrain ideas were cool. Doing things as you go and just doing what you need it easier, but making a full world is better.

PS: Please, people stop calling Daemonkiller "DK" since I ALWAYS confuse him with DKslayer when you do that.

-Insaniteus-
Old 03-18-2003, 06:49 AM   #4
Nuladion
User

Nuladion is on a distinguished road (10)

Quote:
Originally posted by Shooter02
Hey dk/insane i was wonderin is it better it actully terrian out your map and have it like its a real world or just make what u need so it looks like its real. i kno dk used more of a real world than insane's map but they are also very different. just wonderin for my own map:ggani:

Insanitues is insane, but his name isn't :ggani:

I don't agree with Insaniteus though. I agree that a real world looks more magical and gets you better into the cinematic, but for funny cinematics like IC and Warcraft Easter it's better to create different 'sets' (at least, I think that works better!). In funny cinematics the cinematic dosnt revolve around the nice scenery but around the funny jokes and weird events that happen! However, a great part of CotN's beauty is it's fabulous and mystical scenery that really get's you into the story!

So I think it depends on what you want;
you want a funny cinematic -> just make different sets
you want a realistic one -> make a complete world with it's own inhabitants

Of course you can make a funny cinematic with a realistic scenery, but I think you can better focus on the jokse and events than on the scenery 8)

-- Nuladion --
Old 03-18-2003, 08:39 AM   #5
Insaniteus
User

Respected User

Insaniteus is on a distinguished road (11)

I don't mind being called Insan or Insane. I just hate it when people call me Instantaneous (there have been 3 so far...) or anything else totally wrong.

And what I had said in the last post was that it's definatly easier to make seperate sets. I don't agree with the "terrain distracting from jokes" comment, because BAD terrain can distract from the fact that you are a serious map maker. Alot of people won't take you seriously just because of your terrains if you're bad enough lol....

-Insaniteus-
Old 03-18-2003, 11:20 AM   #6
Nuladion
User

Nuladion is on a distinguished road (10)

Quote:
Originally posted by Insaniteus
I don't mind being called Insan or Insane. I just hate it when people call me Instantaneous (there have been 3 so far...) or anything else totally wrong.

And what I had said in the last post was that it's definatly easier to make seperate sets. I don't agree with the "terrain distracting from jokes" comment, because BAD terrain can distract from the fact that you are a serious map maker. Alot of people won't take you seriously just because of your terrains if you're bad enough lol....

-Insaniteus-

I dont say that you need to make bad terrain in order to make your cinematic funny! I just think that for a funny cinematic you dont NEED to make a realistic world, but you CAN do it and it will look much better. I liked the different sets in IC and I wonder if I liked it that much if the terrain was more realistic...

And about the 'terrain distracting from jokes'...? I said that? I dunno, but I definitely didnt mean it that way. I said you'd better focus on the jokes then be busy with the terrain cause a funny cinematic with bad jokes is not funny at all, while one with not-so-good terrain still can be funny.

-- Nuladion --
Old 03-18-2003, 11:53 AM   #7
DaemonKillar
User

Respected User

Submissions (1)

DaemonKillar has a spectacular aura about (77)DaemonKillar has a spectacular aura about (77)DaemonKillar has a spectacular aura about (77)

Quote:
Let's all applaud DaemonKiller for his reading skills lol. You didn't answer his question...

BLAH! I was about to go to bed, is that a credible reason? ;)
Closed Thread