wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Skinning / Texturing
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 02-05-2006, 02:19 AM   #1
User

Respected Member

35263526 will become famous soon enough (38)35263526 will become famous soon enough (38)

Default Inverting a shape in PS:CS

Hey,

I'm trying to do something for a skin, but I've run into a problem.

I've got an image with a circular section, and I want to invert the circle so that it's contents surround a circular empty section. Basically, I want to turn [attachment 1] into [attachment 2], with the red being the contents, and the black being empty canvas. Is there a way to do that in Photoshop CS?

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: gif psp1.gif (1.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: gif psp2.gif (1.1 KB, 6 views)
35263526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 02-05-2006, 02:39 AM   #2
Lucavixp
User

Lucavixp has little to show at this moment (8)

You can use the Replace Colour tool under Image > Adjustments to select the black area, modify the hue, then modifying the red area by darkening it to black. You would have to make sure that the whole thing isn't 1 solid colour though, unless your working with layers.
Lucavixp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 02:47 AM   #3
User

Respected Member

35263526 will become famous soon enough (38)35263526 will become famous soon enough (38)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucavixp
You can use the Replace Colour tool under Image > Adjustments to select the black area, modify the hue, then modifying the red area by darkening it to black. You would have to make sure that the whole thing isn't 1 solid colour though, unless your working with layers.
You misunderstand the problem. The red circular area is a specific texture. The black area is empty. I want to distort and stretch the red area so that it fills the black area, leaving the origional red area empty, with its borders being the borders of the origional sphere.
35263526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 11:15 AM   #4
oBs3rv3r
User

Submissions (3)

oBs3rv3r will become famous soon enough (53)oBs3rv3r will become famous soon enough (53)

Just select the red circle, clear the selected area, invert the selection and paint it with red?

Don't know if I've understood you correctly.
oBs3rv3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 12:13 PM   #5
Tim.
Missing You All at Wc3c

Site Owner

Submissions (18)

Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)

Approved Map: PiratesSpell making session 3 winner

I understand what you want to do, but do not know of any filter or function to do that all in one go. Might have to do it all manually..

Avast! Seen Pirates? Get it here!
Tim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 04:24 PM   #6
Lucavixp
User

Lucavixp has little to show at this moment (8)

Ah I see. Well, it's easy to use the lasso tool to select the area you want to clear, but the rest you'll have to do manually, maybe using the lasso tool again.
Lucavixp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 07:18 AM   #7
falcoknight
We're Hunting Humans!

Submissions (29)

falcoknight is a jewel in the rough (155)falcoknight is a jewel in the rough (155)

Skinning contest 1

Send a message via MSN to falcoknight

I am afraid the only way to do this is to remake the UV map, unfortunatly PS can only change an image not what it is used for, the model won't understand what you are trying to do. If you want the centre to have no texture, that is impossible because the model knows that the circle is where the texture goes, switching it will only make the model transparent, team color or white (whichever you specefied, or the maker of the model)

I hope I have helped you 35263526 :)