wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Hosted Projects > AMAI
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 10-18-2009, 02:06 PM   #1
Strategy Master
Great Sage

Project Leader: AMAI

Submissions (1)

Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)

Default AMAI 2.54b Released

The support release for the 1.24b version of warcraft has been released.

As usual you can download from the website

or download from the mirror locations at
http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?p=863653
or
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/t...elee-ai-62879/

Note i have put other the SE and PE editions up on the wc3campaigns download link as well.

Last edited by Strategy Master : 10-18-2009 at 02:07 PM.
Strategy Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 10-19-2009, 12:03 AM   #2
Peppe
User

Peppe has little to show at this moment (0)

Developer edition is working for me.

Thanks for putting this together.
Peppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 08:13 PM   #3
Peppe
User

Strategy Master.

Some questions, and if its documented somewhere just let me know and i'll dig it up.

Undead Ghouls (Fighting lumber harvester). I have told AMAI to not bring ghouls on attacks using the racial settings, becuase if you aren't doing a ghoul based army/build you really only use Ghouls for a 'final' or late game fight. When it was bringing them along it significantly slowed down its tech rate. Can this setting be changed on the fly, like at tier 3 say its ok to bring ghouls? Or can a minimum be set globally or on the fly, to say minimum number of ghouls to keep on lumber, so if i had 8 ghouls with a min of 2, it would take 6 with it on an attack?

The other question I had relates to build orders. I disabled most of the racial build section for undead to customize a build order, and was trying to get it to build a graveyard first, but it always delayed the graveyard ~12 seconds. If I tell it to build crypt first it is built instantly, but the graveyard always has a delay. If i go crypt -> graveyard even if it has cash for both it builds the crypt and then delays the graveyard. I know Starcraft had some hard coded AI triggers that would go off if you built a certain number of units, so I am wondering if something like that is going on (Blizzard hard coded undead to open crypt first?).

Undead DK skill Death Coil Micro: Can it ignore skeletons? Other summons might make a good target, but skeletons should never be a death coil target. Would rather not use skill on any summons than have it target skeletons. The DK ends up wasting most of his starting mana keeping skeletons alive during early creeping.

Orc army micro is looking decent. The TC doesn't use his stomp enough. The BM doesn't use windwalk enough. Don't know if these are hard coded or possible to customize?

Is some of this stuff I could modify? If so what tools are needed and what to edit?
Old 10-20-2009, 07:30 PM   #4
Strategy Master
Great Sage

Submissions (1)

Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)

Technically calling "set race_ghouls_attack = true" directly in a strategy somewhere should theoretically work.

Check the initialization blocks of the strategies. Most likely there is an AddBlock statement still in the racial builds so graveyards are delayed until a certain condition is met or time has passed.

Most likely this line is your culript "call AddBlock(1, CRYPT, false, 0, GRAVEYARD, 60)"

Death coil micro is near impossible to prevent (would possibly be doable with blizzard.j world edit function access but ai scripts dont have that normally)

Blade master uses it more than normal. Its a compromise because using it all the time i often found resulted in a bigger loss for the AI. Having him strike every so often at least makes it better.

THe jobs folder is the easiest place to create your own modules for AMAI. The system allows you to make your module of code run at some point in time. For more complicated things though you will need to modify the master code.

The hub of AMAI is the common.eai file and the races.eai file that can be modified with a simple notepad, then just run a compile with the developer tool. The developer edition manual is a good friendly resource too.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:18 AM   #5
Peppe
User

Thanks, "set race_ghouls_attack = true" works perfectly. Tier 3 came and it took some spare ghouls along. Do you know why hurt ghouls sent back from the front stand at the graveyard, but don't go gather wood (until they are healthy)?

I had the racial build section commented out like this:
// call AddBlock(1, CRYPT, false, 0, GRAVEYARD, 60)

Don't think that was contributing since it was commented, so ran a simple test:
Tier 1:
call BuildUnit(1, GRAVEYARD, 1000)
Starts at 5 seconds (takes 5 seconds to walk to location).

Tier 1:
call BuildUnit(1, CRYPT, 1000)
Starts at 1 second build next to mine.

Not a big deal, but found it odd that opening with graveyard had the delay. Not a major issue, but made me think something else was fighting with me.

Had another question that i could not find in the manual. I was playing with global setting:
attacking_strategy // strategy when attacking enemy players. What is the valid range and what does it do? Wondering if maybe it set target priorities (army, food buildings, HQ, production buildings, etc)?

Hopefully my final question. I couldn't find info on the buildat (front/mine) functions. For orc it does what I expect, but I can't for life of me get zigs to go by the mine for undead.

After looking at them, I don't know if I will go all the way into editing the eai files for a while. You and/or AIAndy have done a great job.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:17 AM   #6
AIAndy
User

Respected User

AIAndy is on a distinguished road (21)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peppe
Hopefully my final question. I couldn't find info on the buildat (front/mine) functions. For orc it does what I expect, but I can't for life of me get zigs to go by the mine for undead.
Hmm, it seems like the undead mine is not included in the racial_goldmine array unless a certain condition is true. Try flagging it as mine in StandardUnits.txt. Currently it is only flagged as expansion. That might cause other problems but probably not.
AIAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 12:33 AM   #7
Peppe
User

Changed setting to expansion,mine and it worked. Also expanded fine with the change.

Thanks
Old 10-22-2009, 12:29 PM   #8
Strategy Master
Great Sage

Submissions (1)

@Peppe:

Ghouls will normally go to the graveyard to use cannibalize on the corpses to heal. Although its a bug if there is no corpses available or the ability is not active but they still hang around.

Aha i think i know what might be happening with the graveyard. The graveyard acts as a lumber building and AMAI will try to calculate best place for the graveyard as close to the trees as possible. Therefore it takes a few more seconds for it to be built at very game start to calculate the position.

attacking_strategy is mainly used when you order a team member AMAI (using the AMAI commander feature) to attack a certain player. set to 1 or 3 to make AMAI always attack the weakest member, 2 always attacks the strongest player, 5 picks a free for all enemy, and 4 is normal attack behavior. 5 is used if the game is detected to be a free for all otherwise its always 4 normally. There isn't much need to change this though.

I dont know why but the expansion,mine setting gives me shivers. I will need to look into again why it was not set. This may affect double expansion detection as well.

Last edited by Strategy Master : 10-22-2009 at 12:30 PM.
Strategy Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 11:49 AM   #9
ericwu101
User

ericwu101 has little to show at this moment (4)

Hey!

Been studying lately. I'm grateful to see the new 1.24 AMAI available.

Once again, thank you, Strategy Master, and friends who help building up all these.

It feels good to play online with Warcraft3 AMAI!
ericwu101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 06:05 PM   #10
Quitch
User

Quitch has little to show at this moment (0)

I know we like to support our favourite format and all that, but with ZIP support built into Windows couldn't we make our archives ZIP instead of RAR, especially when the bandwidth isn't being paid for?
Quitch is offline   Reply With Quote