wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Code Resources > Samples
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2006, 02:59 AM   #1
Dalten
User

Submissions (1)

Dalten is on a distinguished road (19)

Idea SSP 1.01. My Road / Pathing System.

Here's my SSP system in a map that demonstrates it.

UPDATE: 1.01 is compatible with the standard WE.

http://www.blackpassage.com/forum/vi...8e5df6feb936f3

From my forum:

Quote:
This map has my Segmented String Pathing system as well as some demo functions you can use to order the steam tank around.

The Tank will ALWAYS stay on the road, no matter where you tell him to go and no matter where he is starting out from. I think almost every RPG could be better with this system and I think some unique things could be done with TD's if used right.

Anyway, just check it out for a quick demo.

Type "goto xx" where xx is the name or number of a destination and the algorhithm will find the route there and take him there.

Couple things:

1) The routes are easily programmable so you can add you're own roads or build your own road network from scratch. Everything is in GUI.
2) This is the framework of my Camera-less cinematic system i've been working on. Camera's will run on the same kind of tracks unit's do allowing for some very precise camera movement
3) I've had 100 units running around before without any lag so it's easily efficient enough for a medium to large amount of units unless someone can prove otherwise.
4) Max number of unit's is about 400 that can using this system. You can still have units on your map not using the system and it simply won't affect them.

http://www.blackpassage.com/SSP.1.01.zip
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot.jpg (83.5 KB, 1598 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip SSP.1.01.zip (67.5 KB, 975 views)

Last edited by Dalten : 04-25-2006 at 12:29 AM. Reason: Updated the file with some docs and a basic picture...
Dalten is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 02-26-2006, 03:14 AM   #2
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

What can I say? It is awesome, let me approve it and spam your rep
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Vexorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 08:11 AM   #3
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

The thread could use a screenshot or image of some sort. I know, it's difficult to screenshot systems, but still...

For me, the WEU requirement is a bit of a minus; you sure you couldn't do without it? Would make the system more accessible. I don't want to nitpick, anyone who wants to use the system can easily get WEU, but it would just be even better if you could use it without.
Old 02-26-2006, 02:14 PM   #4
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

He just used WEU to clean point leaks, you can't blame him, blame blizzard for not including those actions in GUI.

But well it is probably really easy to replace them with the custom script counterparts
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Vexorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 03:20 PM   #5
Dalten
User

Submissions (1)

I'll see about removing the requirement with custom scripts.
Old 02-27-2006, 04:46 AM   #6
Chuckle_Brother
Oh for the sake of fudge

Respected User

Submissions (2)

Chuckle_Brother will become famous soon enough (53)Chuckle_Brother will become famous soon enough (53)

Send a message via ICQ to Chuckle_Brother Send a message via AIM to Chuckle_Brother Send a message via MSN to Chuckle_Brother Send a message via Yahoo to Chuckle_Brother

Nice system, this would vastly improve the general crap that is the pathing for most TD games, it could probably even see some use in AoS style maps with compicated pathes to follow. And its pretty smooth stuff too, either way nice system.
Old 02-28-2006, 03:26 PM   #7
BertTheJasser
xyzi - our universe

Submissions (2)

BertTheJasser has a spectacular aura about (111)BertTheJasser has a spectacular aura about (111)BertTheJasser has a spectacular aura about (111)BertTheJasser has a spectacular aura about (111)

Could you attach a "non WEU" Version?
Would be great.
Thx.
BertTheJasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 12:31 PM   #8
electricsaiyan1
User

electricsaiyan1 is on a distinguished road (13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexorian
He just used WEU to clean point leaks, you can't blame him, blame blizzard for not including those actions in GUI.

But well it is probably really easy to replace them with the custom script counterparts
Once we get it set up though, we can convert to JASS and it should be accessible in WE, right? I can JASS and I don't really like WEU...I prefer WE..
electricsaiyan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 03:46 PM   #9
Dalten
User

Submissions (1)

Electricsaiyan1, I hardly ever work with JASS so i'm not sure, maybe you could test it out for me?

Either way, i'll be working on this tonight (finally got some free time without interruptions) and i'll get it converted over so WEU/UMSWE isn't required.
Old 03-02-2006, 12:36 AM   #10
electricsaiyan1
User

electricsaiyan1 is on a distinguished road (13)

Alright, cool, thanks ^^

You can call me ElectricSaiyan...I dunno why I added the 1...it was a looong time ago : D
electricsaiyan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 02:25 AM   #11
Dalten
User

Submissions (1)

It's compatible now with Standard WE. Vexorian, i'll get an image of some sort(still thinking about this) and some installation / usage notes done.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:49 PM   #12
BertTheJasser
xyzi - our universe

Submissions (2)

BertTheJasser has a spectacular aura about (111)BertTheJasser has a spectacular aura about (111)BertTheJasser has a spectacular aura about (111)BertTheJasser has a spectacular aura about (111)

Thx very much.
BertTheJasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 03:19 AM   #13
Dalten
User

Submissions (1)

Updated it as a ZIP File which includes some Readme material to assist in using this. It might seem a bit complicated but it's pretty easy once you get it installed and the general idea of how it works.
Old 03-25-2006, 04:40 AM   #14
BBDino
Wc3c's resident llama.

BBDino has a spectacular aura about (95)BBDino has a spectacular aura about (95)BBDino has a spectacular aura about (95)BBDino has a spectacular aura about (95)

Good to see that simple 'good ideas' can get past the anti GUI ism.

Rep++
Old 03-25-2006, 05:46 AM   #15
Dalten
User

Submissions (1)

Yeah I dunno, my mind feels right at home with GUI and everything i've wanted to do has been possible with it, except for cleaning leaks which I use custom script jass for :D