wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Project Discussion > Map / Campaign Projects
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 08-25-2011, 03:52 AM   #1
Soul Reaver
User

Soul Reaver has little to show at this moment (2)

Default To the Bitter End Campaign

To the Bitter End
By Soul Reaver

Download Links
Hiveworkshop
Official Site

Video Trailer

A youtube version of the cinematic-only Prologue chapter, 'Shadows Rising':
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUHePZCExwY

Introduction

For centuries, the people of the Plane of Ithia have suffered under the iron-fisted rule of the immortal sorcerer Morganem and his Council of Six. Now finally their pleas for help are answered: five legendary heroes arrive from beyond the crimsom storms of the warp, seeking to topple Morganem's corrupt Empire.

But Morganem will not step silently into the darkness of history, and he prepares to fight these interlopers to the bitter end.

A story-driven, single-player action RPG, "To the Bitter End" has been over six years in the making and features an original setting and with completely original characters, abilities, items and spells.

Control a small group of legendary heroes as they travel throughout the Plane of Ithia, battling the forces of the tyrant sorcerer Morganem over eight Chapters and two cinematic-only maps.

Be prepared to react quickly to changing battlefield conditions and use your abilities strategically to counter whatever the enemy throws at you. Face a variety of challenges, from sneaking out of a prison to taking on a whole army head-on to duelling enemy immortals one on one.

During your battles, gain experience and grow in power to truly superhuman levels. Wield abilities that can break the backs of armies. But beware, for your foes are powerful and relentless enough to be a match even for your mighty heroes.

Be prepared for a challenge as you snatch victory from the jaws of defeat and conquer enemies that seemed insurmountable.

Features
  • Control 5 heroes, each with 6 abilities (and 3 re-usable unique items) with a maximum Level of 50
  • Fight against custom enemies over the course of 10 Chapters
  • Polished cinematics that tell an epic tale
  • A focus on fast-paced tactical action
And given the prestigious "Director's Cut" (6 out of 5) rating by Hiveworkshop!

Team

Soul Reaver
Design, writing and creation

Stephen Cousins
Title screen art

For additional credits see the Readme file

Progress

COMPLETE!

Last edited by Soul Reaver : 01-18-2016 at 07:22 PM.
Soul Reaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 08-27-2011, 08:34 PM   #2
Shade987
User

Submissions (1)

Shade987 is on a distinguished road (19)

That picture is pretty awesome! Also, its nice to see someone posting something that's actually finished, rather than when they hit the 20% mark or something like that.
Old 10-01-2011, 12:06 AM   #3
Captain Griffen
Dread Lord of the Cookies

Content Director

Submissions (2)

Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)

Approved Map: Warlords[Quicksilver #2] - 1st Place

Note to self: check this out, looks fun.
Quote:
[13:32] <Akolyt0r> hmm.. stil i want to have some unused women
Captain Griffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:38 PM   #4
Soul Reaver
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Griffen
Note to self: check this out, looks fun.

Thank you! I hope you'll enjoy it. Let me know what you think when you've given it a go.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:50 AM   #5
Nuclear Arbitor
Reputation Leech

Submissions (1)

Nuclear Arbitor has a spectacular aura about (83)Nuclear Arbitor has a spectacular aura about (83)Nuclear Arbitor has a spectacular aura about (83)

you could be waiting for months, just a word of warning.
Nuclear Arbitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:37 AM   #6
Soul Reaver
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuclear Arbitor
you could be waiting for months, just a word of warning.

Haha, that's ok. I'm in no hurry. I just hope he'll get around to it eventually. :)

Besides, gives me time to work on the the version 1.0.01 release...
Old 10-10-2011, 12:13 AM   #7
Captain Griffen

Content Director

Submissions (2)

Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)

Looks good so far (which is high praise from me), but few things so far:

Spoilers

In the prison:

- Soul Reaver's sword has a glow, despite him not having a sword.
- I ran into a guard who ignored me (right after being released, before meeting rogue).

Anyway, I need sleep.
Quote:
Old 10-10-2011, 06:16 AM   #8
Soul Reaver
User

Quote:
Looks good so far (which is high praise from me), but few things so far:

Spoilers

In the prison:

- Soul Reaver's sword has a glow, despite him not having a sword.
- I ran into a guard who ignored me (right after being released, before meeting rogue).

Anyway, I need sleep.

Thanks for the feedback.

The sword glow is because Soul Reaver doesn't use a custom model - it's just a skin edit with his weapon alpha-ed out... unfortunately, hero glows aren't so easily removed. Still, I might look into importing a custom model in the next revision.

The guard's lack of intelligence is intentional though, since avoiding them isn't really supposed to be hard. They're almost blind, and don't make much effort to give chase. The only way they'll catch you is if you run right into them.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:39 AM   #9
Captain Griffen

Content Director

Submissions (2)

Quote:
The sword glow is because Soul Reaver doesn't use a custom model - it's just a skin edit with his weapon alpha-ed out... unfortunately, hero glows aren't so easily removed. Still, I might look into importing a custom model in the next revision.

I'd just make his team colour black until he gets his sword (making the gow nearly invisible), which would also emphasise the magic-ness of the sword.
Quote:
Old 10-13-2011, 09:36 PM   #10
Soul Reaver
User

Quote:
I'd just make his team colour black until he gets his sword (making the gow nearly invisible), which would also emphasise the magic-ness of the sword.

I've managed to make a version of the model without the hero glow on the hand. It won't affect the model where he HAS the sword, because those are actually two separate models. I'll implement it once I release version 1.0.01.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:44 AM   #11
Soul Reaver
User

Version 1.0.01 released... and yes, the unarmed model no longer has a glow where the sword isn't. :)

Also fixed two or three spelling/grammar errors, fixed two bugs, and added a command to turn off the music.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:02 PM   #12
Linaze
User

Linaze will become famous soon enough (50)Linaze will become famous soon enough (50)

I downloaded it and will play it when I find the time required to do so. I'll edit this post later on with some sort of review.

Last edited by Linaze : 11-18-2011 at 09:02 PM.
Linaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 06:15 PM   #13
Shade987
User

Submissions (1)

Shade987 is on a distinguished road (19)

I've played the first two missions so far; it's been really entertaining and refreshingly difficult. The one minor thing that I noted was that the last door in the first chapter didn't unlock when it was supposed to. I just stood around for about a minute before the final cutscene triggered.

I'll probably finish it at some point next week, when I have more time.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:21 PM   #14
Soul Reaver
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade987
I've played the first two missions so far; it's been really entertaining and refreshingly difficult. The one minor thing that I noted was that the last door in the first chapter didn't unlock when it was supposed to. I just stood around for about a minute before the final cutscene triggered.

I'll probably finish it at some point next week, when I have more time.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it so far! I personally think the game gets better (though harder) the further in you get, so hopefully you'll enjoy the remaining Chapters. And good luck, beacause the difficulty goes up sharply when you hit Chapter IV. Keep in mind that there are some text commands to slighly reduce the difficulty should that become necessary.

Despite having known about it for years (it's listed as a known bug in the 'Problems' section of the official website too), the reason why the exit door in Chapter I sometimes doesn't open straight away still eludes me. The bug doesn't happen every time, and the door does always eventually open, but it really should open shortly after the last foe falls.

I do have one suspicion on what it could be, related to the cooldown of one of the enemies' items. Logically it shouldn't make a difference, but I've exhaused all logical options at this point. Still, I'll look into that for version 1.0.02.
Old 03-24-2014, 03:16 AM   #15
Soul Reaver
User

This campaign just got updated to version 1.0.04. Heaps of bugfixes, rebalances, and and dialogue tweaks. Now also includes a Damage Detection system to two major abilities.

It now also has an awesome manual which also covers the setting and character backgrounds, which you can find here: http://www.familykrieg.com/tothebitt...TTBEManual.pdf

Last edited by Soul Reaver : 03-24-2014 at 03:20 AM.