wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Model & .Mdl Editing Corner
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 09-11-2010, 10:19 PM   #1
mistertea
User

Submissions (6)

mistertea is on a distinguished road (13)

Default Ogre thug (ogrogro)

Another ogre model, it has hero glow,dissipate,geosets are correctly attached,uses custom textures, icon included.

for the Texture path, delete war3mapimported\

It's pretended to be an ogre hero,but with three heads.
mmmh...I don't know what else to say...
Enjoy!

-updated: -changed the feet. -belly increased. -weapon added (mainly it's a small slaughterhouse), -tusks added to the left head.

2nd update: Changed the feet(toenails). Rune added. Weapon changed. Belly thingy changed.

Things to do: done
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ogre3head.JPG (147.9 KB, 557 views)
File Type: jpg ogre3headed.JPG (140.9 KB, 256 views)
File Type: jpg ogri.JPG (196.3 KB, 170 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Ogrethug2.0.zip (175.0 KB, 127 views)

Last edited by mistertea : 01-18-2011 at 04:19 PM.
mistertea is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 09-12-2010, 11:02 PM   #2
AnemicRoyalty

Texturing Moderator
Project Member: WotTH

Submissions (23)

AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)

Skinning Contest #14 WinnerSkinning Contest #15 WinnerHero Contest #2 - 1st Place

I gotta admit, the idea is pretty awesome. The Sea Giant is a good base for an ogre, too. The feet (and overall proportions) could be edited to look more ogre-like (smaller feet, bigger belly, etc).

The texture needs work. Proper highlights and stronger team colour would definitely help resolve it. You could break up the yellow with extra details (so long as they're striking enough to be seen ingame), extra team colour wouldn't go astray either. The eye on the one-eyed head is very pixellated; it needs to be blended in better.

He could use a new weapon. The Centaur axe is pretty badly wrapped and not epic enough for a hero. Go for something big and nasty-looking (you could even work in the three-heads theme somehow). What would be really sweet would be a flail with three spiked heads (skulls?) on chains, but that would require animation.

The glow around the gloves (unless it's some spell effect like berserk) really should be done with billboarded planes. Saves a ton of polygons and looks smoother.
  • DIII: TFA Textures
  • Finish and release a bunch of stuff
AnemicRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 02:45 PM   #3
mistertea
User

Submissions (6)

thanks. I'll change the belly and the feet and some details right away.
for the texture, I would add more TC,but
1.I don't know how to add teamcolor to a base geoset.
2.I don't know what else to add teamcolored to the model (shoulderpads just didn't work)
For the weapon,I didn't pay much attention.Maybe,a spiked mace would do.(not an ogre club,a...I believe in english is morning star,in spanish is lucero del alba...)
A flail is a great idea, but the attack anims don't fit,and right now I can't spend much time since classes had begn : /
And I added Tglow to the hands just to see what happens.

Last edited by mistertea : 09-13-2010 at 02:50 PM.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:50 PM
mistertea
This message has been deleted by mistertea.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:30 AM   #4
nickel510
User

nickel510 has little to show at this moment (1)

OMG LOL This is soooo coool!! I haven't tested it, I'll try to give a review when I do, but wow the screenshots are epic man. Like this is tied with ogre champions as my 2 favorite ogre models. 3 heads? Brilliant! I can't believe no ones done it before, because it looks so bloody perfect. Very nice man :)

Oh and the weapon is saweeet.

This is my new bone crusher unit! wooot
nickel510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 04:47 PM   #5
mistertea
User

Submissions (6)

waw...this comments really make me smile... :' )
I'm speechless...

Why the heck ther aren't any moderators checking the resource submission?? this has been here for ages! >:-(
Old 11-17-2010, 05:05 PM   #6
Dan van Ohllus
Negatory

Submissions (40)

Dan van Ohllus is a jewel in the rough (242)Dan van Ohllus is a jewel in the rough (242)Dan van Ohllus is a jewel in the rough (242)Dan van Ohllus is a jewel in the rough (242)Dan van Ohllus is a jewel in the rough (242)

I also find the idea itself awesome, and the wise use of the Sea Giant model.
Texture is decent though.

I myself have a few critiques on this model.
- The material of the weapon is not two-sided, causing one side of the mesh to have an "invisible look", which looks awkward.
- There are some notable seam issues on the arms. It can mostly be fixed by tweaking the texture/skin, and possibly the uv map as well.
- The feet kinda look like flippers. Would look better if you add some toenails.
- One question. What's that mark between his chest and his belt thing supposed to be?

I don't take requests, so don't PM or e-mail me for any.

WHY IT'S NOT A GOOD IDEA TO POST YOUR FIRST MODEL/SKIN/ICON

Last edited by Dan van Ohllus : 11-17-2010 at 05:05 PM.
Dan van Ohllus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 08:50 PM   #7
mistertea
User

Submissions (6)

-yeh,I know bout the wep,but I don't know how to make it double sided.Sothing that I can do is to delete the spikes,so it becames a sort of maul with three skulls.
-wow,now you mention it,the arms are pretty bad UVd,I'll fix that soon.
-oki,toenails
-...I don't know,something I didn't deleted from the sea giant. I could make a rune from it.Dunno.

Well,thanks for the criticism

-updated-Everything fixed. Arms fixed too(the images don't really focus on the arms)

······.....······currently working on an ogre pack······.....······

Last edited by mistertea : 11-18-2010 at 03:29 PM.
Old 11-18-2010, 03:28 PM
mistertea
Old 11-20-2010, 08:34 PM
mistertea
Old 11-21-2010, 09:52 AM   #8
mistertea
User

Submissions (6)

Ok,anything else?Am I done with this model?
Old 01-17-2011, 10:58 PM   #9
nickel510
User

Hmm... what is the path for the skin? I tried to import it but just got a green cube, I'm guessing that's because I need to change the blps custom path.

Sorry it took me so long to finally try and test this, but now I really want to! Still tied as my favorite Ogre model :)... maybe my most favorite after a closer look at this.

Edit: woah I just noticed you made the ogre pit fighter model too. You rock at ogre models, these 2 ogre models are better then blizzards ogres and any other ogre model I've seen, on this site, on hive, anywhere! Would you ever consider making an Ogre Lord model, like this http://www.wowwiki.com/Ogre_lord ? Again I'm sorry it took me so long to reply, I changed directions with my map and instead of Outland Risk its now Draenor Risk, + rep tho! I was planning to use your ogre pit fighter as a key character in the Story Mode of Draenor Risk :). Credit too ofc! BTW, the model sizes aren't that big, but I was wondering, is there any way to get a smaller sized version of your two ogre models? I can do MDX squisher just fine, but I didn't know if there was any other way to reduce model size too, plus MDX squisher lowers the quality but maybe it will be hardly noticeable, haven't been able to text in-game yet ofc XD.

Thanks again for these awesome models! Rly, you are the Ogre King, HAIL MISTERTEA! KING OF THE OGRES!!

Second Edit: aksfjdf I just read the last part of your other post... making an ogre pack!! Sir if you are true to your word and are able to finish it in a few months or less, I will totally use your ogre models for my ogre race. Then you truly will be the ogre king!! But please please! Consider us simple the size of your future models. The 2 ogres you made so far are great heroes or elites, but some low polly, basic or even higher tier ogre units would be great, but I can't use a race full of models over 100kb, and I think most mapmakers would agree, unless maybe they're making an ogre only game with not a lot of imports. Sorry I don't mean to sound selfish, but you are an awesome ogre unit maker, and I really think modellers should always put playability before anything when designing their models. I'm not targetting you or any of your work ( I haven't even been able to test the ogre thug) its just that too many modellers seem to forget that maps can't work with lots of big file imports, 80kb is pretty much perfect, but even smaller is just pure epic, if it looks good from a top down view, UP CLOSE SHOTS DON'T MATTER! Only the portrait needs to look decent, other then that people won't notice if a units nose looks too big or not, just to give an example. Great models, I hope you continue :) there's not enough good ogre models out there, and I can tell you would make us map makers a great race of ogres.

Last edited by nickel510 : 01-17-2011 at 11:26 PM.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:18 PM   #10
mistertea
User

Submissions (6)

Wow,that's a lot of message.
For the path you only have to delete war3mapimported\ or something like this, so it becomes ogrethug2.mdx and ogrethug.blp

I've now attached a pic of the ogres i've got so far.

The warlock is not finished yet (he needs another head).When I finish it,I might upload the pack.Right now I'm busy with exams.
Oh,there's an ogre altar too (the building)

And for the sake of the filesize, I don't know,I didn't really care when making the model so, if there is a way of squishing the model, I dunno if there are any other than mdx squisher,you've really lost me there

Last edited by mistertea : 01-18-2011 at 04:29 PM.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:20 AM   #11
nickel510
User

Great! Its working now. Looks great, very original. Also, thanks for making an icon, looks good. Some things though that I think could be improved:
-The stand animation, I think the weapon rotates unrealistically, maybe tone that down some, it's also kind of distracting.
-His hand, that doesn't have a weapon, it seems too big in-game, maybe if you removed one of the fingers it would look better. Also, the fingernails have a weird attachment or something, when he moves his hand in-game the fingernails don't move with it, they like detach.
-No decay animation, this one is kind of annoying. Maybe I'm just a nub and not doing it right, but when he dies he just sits there, lying down. I think this is the only real problem with the model, the rest aren't too noticeable, especially compared to this.

Other models in the screenshot:
Warlock - Wasn't able to test this in-game ofc :p but it looks great. I like his posture and facial expressions to the stereotypical ogre. The painting on his body also looks nice.
Pit fighters - I know this one was already submitted and approved, but it is awesome, probably my favorite ogre model. However, I like how is dark-skinned, but I think his belt armor and weapon should be the same color as the white and black on his shouderpads and helmet, it might look better.
Wizard - Love the look of this model, good choice as using Gul'dan for the base. Just looking at the screenshot though his arm holding the staff does look a bit skinny, at least compared to his other arm. Maybe it would look better in-game though, it kind of sounds cool.
Paladin - This model looks fine, but the thing on his back looks bad from the screenshot. Just leaving it as a pelt like it is in the Rexxar model might look better and be more fitting to an ogre paladin. These are WIP though, I think, so you might already have plans to change some things.
Assassin - Hmm... It's kind of an interesting idea, but it looks so out of place with all the other ogres, it looks like a Samaria more then an ogre, but its not a bad idea, ogres could use something more then just the stereotypical ogre warrior ogre mage, I'm just not sure if the Pandearan is the right model for the job.

Thanks again for the great models! GL

And about file size, mdx squisher. I was just saying, try to make some low polly ogre units, otherwise its hard to include them in a map that needs other imports too. As is, if your other ogres are bigger or as big as the ogre thug then I wont be able to use them, though I so badly want to. I am no modeller but I think using in-game textures only helps reduce file size. It would at least remove the need for the skin.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:02 PM   #12
mistertea
User

Submissions (6)

He doesn't have decay,but dissipate.I think it would only work if he's a hero.(I havent tested it as a normal unit)
The weapon,indeed,rotates.I've tried too fix that,but always forget at the last moment.
I'll remove the nails and thats it.I don't really like 'em.

here is a full pic of the wizard,the pala, and one ogre i forgot adding

I'm sorry about the filesizes,I only model for fun.All my ogres(but the thug) are between 90 n 150 kbs

And the ninja was some sort of joke with my brother.I don't think I'll upload it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pala.JPG (146.4 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg cannon.JPG (77.3 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg ogrewiz.JPG (134.1 KB, 42 views)

Last edited by mistertea : 01-19-2011 at 03:05 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:18 AM   #13
nickel510
User

Yeah he would make sense as a hero model, but that does limit his uses unfortunately. Is it too difficult to add a decay animation? It would really make this more useful, though it would make a cool hero.

The ogres look good from the screenshots, the Paladin does look better after seeing it from multiple view points. Just from seeing the screenshot, here's a couple things I think that could look better and what I think looks good.
+ I like how his muscles, chest, face look, which is just like an ogre. Judging from your other ogre models, I would say you've done a good job of getting down the general physique and stature of an ogre.
+ The idea works well. Some people may not think it fits the ogres history, but I think it works.
+ I think using Rexxar was a good choice for this unit.
- I don't know if his armor really fits, the steel plated leggings looks kind of goofy when it ends abruptly at his waste, they kind of look like single leggings instead of actual pants , try bringing them up above his waste so they look like a whole piece.
+ I don't like the hammer texture. I think it could use more of rounded end, just something so it doesn't look so much like a rectangle.
- I can't DL! >< I would rather test this out in-game to see how it looks. Does this have a decay animation or is it only dissipate again? Maybe remove the hero glow too, this might be better suited as an elite unit rather then a hero, I'd at least prefer it as a unit.

The cannoneer is an interesting idea, ogres definitely need more ranged units, and I've already seen a stone thrower model.
+ Good concept, and again the general shape and look of the ogre seems fitting for the ogre race, except for the face and clothes.
+ The face is weird... but in a good way! I don't know if the nose works though, might be a bit too random. I also like that he's a bit harry, seems fitting for an ogre (and I mean his legs and arms, not his mustache).
- Cannon seems too blocky, I've never heard of a square cannon before, and it looks like that's what this device uses.
- Why red toenails? Looks like he's wearing nail polish, I think you should either change their color or remove them.
- IDK if the orange really works for an ogre, or is that team color?
- Lol at his G-string, I doubt anyones going to notice in-game, but it is funny and a little distrubing.

What is that thing behind his head? Looks like a bad haircut. Again, I want to test this in-game, I'd like to see the attack animations for his cannon. I think this could be a really great model for the ogres, but I think it could use a little work.

BTW 90kb its a great size, 150kb is kind of big though, I really think you should keep playability in-mind when designing these, I mean we all do it for fun mostly but wouldn't it be better if people used your models?

I hope this helped you.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:48 PM   #14
mistertea
User

Submissions (6)

Both of the models are not geomerged,'cos I've learnt how to geo 4 four months ago (after summer,anyway) And the cannoner is the first unit I didn't CnP the texture. and yeah,it's nail polish and a thong (I believe it's said thong,the tiny panties) because he didn't understand the idea of being a fire fighter (:P play on words there)
I left him unfinished until I found Mdlvis, so I could change the attack anims.
I have to add and remove somethings,but I forgot him in one of my folders.

And the pala.Yes,the pala...He wasn't accepted, y'know? the face ´´just didn't fit`` Meh.
I'm going to change the hammer and the shoulderpad now I know how to geo.
I can't add a decay,I would have to create another version w/o glow and the anims,the flesh they leave... it's better leaving it as a hero.

here are some ogres I've found while I was searching dunno what now.

The spearthrower is just crap,I know.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dfgfgd.JPG (306.6 KB, 58 views)

Last edited by mistertea : 01-20-2011 at 01:59 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:26 PM
mistertea
Old 01-21-2011, 12:59 AM   #15
nickel510
User

Lol that spear thrower is like disturbing. Give that poor man some proper body wear! The shaman is pretty awesome, so is the alchemist, whats he holding? I also like that the alchemist has pants, but maybe a different color would be more fitting. The rest are kinda funny, obviously not really intended for a wc3 ogre race. The zombie one, especially where he's missing a head, is pretty cool, though it might look better if his stomach wasn't symetrical and he wasn't so green, but its pretty original and looks good to me (though he looks a bit ineffective since he's missing arms, but he's still a 7 foot muscle packed zombie right?). The turkey guy is also lolzy, and the butcher would be cool for a horror map, the faces look great, especially the one that has 2 eyes (he looks totally demented).

I like the pit lord ogre idea, the armor works for an ogre I think and the face is beasty. However, the arm looks weird judging by the shot from behind screenshot, and the armor seems to be coming off his shoulders when he attacks. I think it could be really good though.

Dude loving all these ogres, you truly are the Ogre King! Plan on making any icons for these ogres?
Old 01-26-2011, 03:14 PM
mistertea