wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Hosted Projects > AMAI
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 08-10-2007, 12:17 AM   #16
Eyepoke
User

Eyepoke has little to show at this moment (4)

Send a message via AIM to Eyepoke

ahh dawn of war i downloaded new ai for it... the orginial ai beat me alot anyway lol but the new custom ai is pretty crazy and ya i hope starcraft 2 ai is good and maybe these guys here can make a AMAI for it xD!! and just ya be awesome :P i CANT WAIT

Unit Type: Mechanical
Attack Type: Siege*/Pierce
Weapon Type: Missile*/Instant
Armor Type: Heavy
Armor: 2 (8*)
Ground Attack: 7.5 avg*
(12 avg*)
Eyepoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 08-10-2007, 10:21 AM   #17
Zalamander
User

Zalamander has little to show at this moment (4)

To add some speculations, I suspect starcraft 2 original AI will be some kind of mix between starcraft and war3 AI, it will probably be a starcraft AI with the ability to flee if it is losing a combat.
It will most likely lack many human player elements like special defencive and offencive tactics and harassment. Such tactics are usualy invented by good players some time after the launch of the game(at least that was the case with starcraft and war3) so the original AI can impossible know any cheesy tactics. We do hope some pro players invent some that are reproduceable in AI as soon as possible becuse that is the most fun I had with AMAI when we sucessfully implemented milita expansion for human and such things.

Last edited by Zalamander : 09-08-2007 at 03:15 AM.
Zalamander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 02:07 AM   #18
Eyepoke
User

yea that makes sense... a love the milita expansion same with nightelf they build there trees first?? then creep? idk if they use the tree though but yea AMAI has made the game alot more fun for a bit longer xD

(12 avg*)
Old 08-24-2007, 09:54 PM   #19
archpsi
User

archpsi has little to show at this moment (0)

another few questions

a.i players randomly chosen:
1- is it possible to make sure that only 2 specific a.i profiles are used in the map without using a work-around (make multiple profiles that represent the same one) using the tool? -this is for a 1v1 map.

strategy:
2- would it be possible to somehow make sure that an a.i uses strategy x till time y(example: 320 seconds after the game started) and then changes to strategy z which continues to time k (I know its possible to make sure it uses the first strategy for min y time), or would I need to edit jass code to do this?

about sc2, Im sure the a.i coding will be be based on wc3 language wise, as in they will use jass or an improved jass (more options, natives) or something new which is based on what they learnt from jass. The A.I will also be actually programmed to play more like an sc a.i (expanding ect), although hopefully much better, even better than the BW AI project.

thanks in advance.

Last edited by archpsi : 08-24-2007 at 10:05 PM.
archpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 12:35 AM   #20
Zalamander
User

Zalamander has little to show at this moment (4)

Blizzard already stated that SC2 will have a scripting language similiar to C++.

How it will work exactly we will find out soon I hope. :)
Zalamander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 05:31 AM   #21
Eyepoke
User

sweet :P~~

(12 avg*)
Old 08-25-2007, 03:25 PM   #22
Strategy Master
Great Sage

Project Leader: AMAI

Submissions (1)

Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)

@archpsi:
1: you could delete profiles so you only have the 2 profiles desired in the list. You could export all the profiles first so u can import,export and delete profiles when required. You can't lock currently to multiple profiles. You can only lock to the one profile so i can't see any other way to do this. You would require jassing and changing the profile selection code.

2: You could make a strategy thats got a ridicously high priority so it gets chosen near always after the starting strategy times out. Its difficult to make it only choose a certain particular strategy after the second though due to the random element in choice. But technically AMAI should only choose a strategy than has higher priority than its current so if you dont use the bonus strengths and only use base priorities of strategies it should work as you require.

1 problem though: all the strategies above the current priorty have a chance to be chosen so would require something more complicated to make work. Maybe u could use the strengthpredictionrules to try and ensure a certain strategy is chosen at that point in time.

Last edited by Strategy Master : 08-25-2007 at 03:28 PM.
Strategy Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 06:08 AM   #23
Eyepoke
User

strategy master... ur awesome :P i still totaly dig AMAI xD sorry im off topic.. but well ya sorry :x

(12 avg*)
Old 08-28-2007, 03:05 AM   #24
archpsi
User

thanks, also nice to know that sc2 will have something similar to c++.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:26 AM   #25
archpsi
User

okay a new question, how hard would it be to change the strategy variables values (i.e. changing a strategies bonus towards spell casters) while the game is running using specific jass triggers which are based on pre-determined hard-coding, just have no idea where it would have to be implemented..etc?

example:
the a.i player uses strategy y and the opponent starts using strategy x, and at time z my trigger would make the a.i change its bonus towards unit of strategy x based on a specific scenario.

thanks in advance.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:33 PM   #26
Strategy Master
Great Sage

Project Leader: AMAI

Submissions (1)

Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)

@archpsi:hmmmm

So you want to in real time modify the specific strategies bonus.

The StrategyChanger function in the racial ai's is where these bonuses are added. You will have to create a variable in place though as the bonuses are just placed in the code instead of storing them in a strategy array. You would have to add modifier variables for this to work. Something like below

set rp[STRAT_NormalElf] = rp[STRAT_NormalElf] + 0 * enemy_air+ modifier_variable[STRAT_NormalElf]

Then in your event where ever you code it would be something like follows.

set modifier_variable[chosen_strategy] to "whatever"

chosen_strategy is a actual variable in AMAI that tells you what strategy AMAI is currently using. Of course if you need to set it to a certain particular strategy your have to enter it by its code name (STRAT_codeindevloper).

Last edited by Strategy Master : 10-08-2007 at 07:34 PM.
Strategy Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 08:47 AM   #27
Zycat
User

Zycat has little to show at this moment (0)

Quote:
Sadly still I havent found any RTS with a AI that is really challenging when its not cheating. Hope it will be possible to create in Starcraft 2.

Try Age of Mythology. The A.I scripting is so advanced compared to WC3 that sometimes I'd wish Blizzard implemented such a powerful scripting instead (AoM and WC3 is in the same generation)
Zycat is offline   Reply With Quote