wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Hosted Projects > AMAI
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 02-11-2007, 05:50 AM   #16
Zycat
User

Zycat has little to show at this moment (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strategy Master
@zycat: AMAI uses grimoire executable which by default has error checking capabilities. Turning the grimoires error checking systems on gives you a run down of leaks etc etc and great for detecting crashes. Handy eh?
I think i smell a 2.50b very soon to fix the tavern issue.

edit: 2.50b now released

Is it by enabling War3Err.dll? I enabled that and didn't get a count of locations undestroyed etc.
Zycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 02-11-2007, 11:52 AM   #17
Strategy Master
Great Sage

Project Leader: AMAI

Submissions (1)

Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)

@shadowstrike: it could be something else thats conflicting with NE. I'll check it out. I am guessing its something todo with the ancient expansion messing em up. But not every game night elf uses so you may come accross a NE who plays much better.

@zycat: Yes. It should fill out a war3error.txt file in the executables location and while in game display reports of unleaned locations (If there is no leaks it wont list anything but the war3error.txt file should contain some generic map information at the top so you know its working). You need the correct dll in the folder too.
Old 02-11-2007, 12:16 PM   #18
shadowstrike
User

shadowstrike has little to show at this moment (4)

Actually I played NE so many times, this problem still occurs, I tried amai 2.50b but still the same.

I just played 3 on 3 Ne vs orc insane mode, my Ne allies always destroyed with tons of gold in early game.
I look back AMAI 2.43 I did not find this problem.

I think this macro management thing happens to Human too.

Last edited by shadowstrike : 02-11-2007 at 12:16 PM.
shadowstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 12:32 PM   #19
Strategy Master
Great Sage

Submissions (1)

Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)

@shadowstrike: I've never seen something like that occur for humans. They keep obliterating everything in sight in my games.

I've seen one game where nightelf did ok with a mass huntress strategy. Still investigating though.

Edit-I can't run your replay. Can you upload the DE u used as you must have changed something for me not to be able to run it.

Edit2- It dosn't matter I think i know what the problem is. To do with the fact that the units used for pathing checks are in fact wisps :P

Edit3- All fixed, amai2.50c now released. Hopefully thats the end to any more major amai crippling issues.

Last edited by Strategy Master : 02-11-2007 at 02:41 PM.
Strategy Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 06:43 PM   #20
Eyepoke
User

Eyepoke has little to show at this moment (4)

Send a message via AIM to Eyepoke

wow once again ur fast lol :P~~ gj
Eyepoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 06:46 PM   #21
Strategy Master
Great Sage

Submissions (1)

of course i wouldn't want to leave you all with a shoddy buggy ai :)

Last edited by Strategy Master : 02-11-2007 at 06:46 PM.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:03 PM   #22
Eyepoke
User

Eyepoke has little to show at this moment (4)

Send a message via AIM to Eyepoke

lol... ya well thanks :DD!!!
Eyepoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 10:17 PM   #23
Zycat
User

Default Undead Death Knight problem...

Well I encountered a bug where the DK continually hangs around a goblin merchant for a really LONG time. I guess he wanted to steal from the goblin merchant or something ?

It sent troops at the beginning, presumably to rush only to be intercepted by a bunch of (yellow level) creeps, and then the bug happens.

Take a look at the replay. TFT 1.21, AMAI 2.50c SE.

I wasn't doing good @ that game tho... it's embarrasing to lose a footman to a creep :/
Attached Files
File Type: w3g AMAI2.50c-001.w3g (76.5 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by Zycat : 02-11-2007 at 10:21 PM.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:01 PM   #24
Strategy Master
Great Sage

Submissions (1)

@zycat: Oh its so good that it takes just a few seconds to debug problems in 2.50 (due to my amazing debug scripts) unlike the 2.43 where it would of taken me aeons to find the problem.

Ahem. Anyway this is a very rare problem due to the conditions that need to be present. Basically the cooldown of items is not taken into account when it seeks a healing item so its trying to buy and item it can't and because its in the healing script its rather persistant due to its given max prority. But its such a rare issue so it will be fixed in 2.51
Old 02-11-2007, 11:08 PM   #25
Zycat
User

Quote:
@zycat: Oh its so good that it takes just a few seconds to debug problems in 2.50 (due to my amazing debug scripts) unlike the 2.43 where it would of taken me aeons to find the problem.

Ahem. Anyway this is a very rare problem due to the conditions that need to be present. Basically the cooldown of items is not taken into account when it seeks a healing item so its trying to buy and item it can't and because its in the healing script its rather persistant due to its given max prority. But its such a rare issue so it will be fixed in 2.51

Well you can just implement a simple (temporary?) solution like

Collapse JASS:
if time >= timeout_time and GetGold() > itemgoldcost then
   exit!
endif

Last edited by Zycat : 02-11-2007 at 11:08 PM.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:18 PM   #26
Strategy Master
Great Sage

Submissions (1)

I've already got code that deals with it in other areas of AMAI, simple cut and paste in a way. I meant i'm not just not gonna release a 2.50d just for this fix cause it takes alot of time preparing it to upload all the versions and update manuals etc etc. And the bug is rare you would hardly notice it unless you play ROC
Old 02-12-2007, 05:40 AM   #27
shadowstrike
User

shadowstrike has little to show at this moment (4)

Question

Quote:
Edit-I can't run your replay. Can you upload the DE u used as you must have changed something for me not to be able to run it.

I am using wc upg 1.21, Is it because of I edited NE strategies.

OK thanks for quick response I'll try 2.5c shortly I hope NE problems fixed.

for information :
I keep testing by playing 4 on 4 NE VS ORC insane mode. And because of the problem with NE the games never last more than 15 minutes with all of NE base destroyed.
I will test the updated amai with this kind of game, I hope this could tell me otherwise. -)

Questions :
In strategy editor if we don't write down the code to research will amai automatically research the unit necessary. Because I see the default strategy It was alot simpler and sometimes there's no code to upgrade/research.

EDIT : OK I have tested 2.50c , NE Problems solved, well done thanks.
Now my NE strategies is a real kicked ass.

Only I noticed that in ancient expansion, when the tree built next to the gold mine and it's creeps and a hero came around her, but they don't quickly try to expand and mine the gold.

Last edited by shadowstrike : 02-12-2007 at 09:04 AM.
shadowstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 08:33 AM   #28
thenonhacker
User

thenonhacker has little to show at this moment (9)

Thanks SM! ^______^

Starcraft 2 Starfeeder.com: Your Starcraft 2 Tournament Community and Blog!
___
thenonhacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 11:48 AM   #29
Strategy Master
Great Sage

Submissions (1)

@shadowstrike: yup if you make a major change to amai you find replays no longer fail to work. If you make very minor changes the replays still work. Basically changes to languages and strategies are what will stop compatability as they modify the blizzard.j file used for AMAI

Your correct about automatic upgrades. There is an inbuilt system so that upgrades are more likely to be researched the more units of a certain type there are. Of course you can still write in the upgrades yourself if you want to have the upgrade researched definatly at a certain point in time.

I'll look into increasing efficiency of the ancient expansion attacks.

Last edited by Strategy Master : 02-12-2007 at 11:49 AM.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:11 PM   #30
calmb4storm
User

calmb4storm has little to show at this moment (0)

Congratulations on the stable release Strategy Master. Your hard work has not only kept AMAI alive but made it thrive as an ever leaner meaner AI fighting machine. Thanks for plugging those memory leaks and for the countless tune ups.

I think of all the "next-gen" games I got last year where the wretched non-dynamic simplistic scripted AI just plain stinks compared to AMAI.

Quote:
We think there is no way to enhance AMAI anymore for the current version of warcraft 3 and is there for now releasing the final version.

AMAI 1.0R1 June, 2003
calmb4storm is offline   Reply With Quote