wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Hosted Projects > AMAI
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 01-10-2007, 05:24 PM   #16
BlinkBoy
User

Respected User

Submissions (4)

BlinkBoy has a spectacular aura about (97)BlinkBoy has a spectacular aura about (97)BlinkBoy has a spectacular aura about (97)BlinkBoy has a spectacular aura about (97)

Outstanding Tutorial

ya, about the pathing system, I've already made it in such way that it can detect everything in the map, the only problem is when we need to detect bridges, blizzard got no functions to detect a destructable type which would be a bridge or a ramp, so on it turns difficult to detect them and set them as walkable.

About the landing areas there are 2 ways to detect if a landing area is valid or not.

1rst an algorithm that keeps checking path for every cell in a angle, it keeps checking until it finds its path completely obstructed. It may turn into a long processing operation, but it can save the path correctly in a location list.

2nd create a unit, hide it and order it to go from the landing point to the destination point, the only problem is that it takes time and must be done in-game.

Learn to animate! check out my: Basic Animation Tutorial!

Currently working at a sequel to my animation tutorial.
BlinkBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 01-15-2007, 06:49 AM   #17
thenonhacker
User

thenonhacker has little to show at this moment (9)

Made my favorite test of playing AMAI in Friends map.

The fountain bug is back. I also found a new bug where Night Elf built the Tree of Life far from the 2 Northern Gold mines.

Starcraft 2 Starfeeder.com: Your Starcraft 2 Tournament Community and Blog!
___
thenonhacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 09:31 AM   #18
Strategy Master
Great Sage

Project Leader: AMAI

Submissions (1)

Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)

@thenonhacker:

Whats that doing back again. I'll check it out.

Have you got replay of night elfs of doing strange build, my guess they doing ancient expansion and its got mixed up somewhat.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:22 PM   #19
thenonhacker
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strategy Master
@thenonhacker:

Whats that doing back again. I'll check it out.

Have you got replay of night elfs of doing strange build, my guess they doing ancient expansion and its got mixed up somewhat.

Here is the replay (attached).
Attached Files
File Type: w3g AMAI2.50RC2, FountainBug, ExpandBug.w3g (68.3 KB, 8 views)

___
Old 01-16-2007, 03:11 PM   #20
Strategy Master
Great Sage

Submissions (1)

Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)

@thenonhacker:

The tree behaviour is not so much a bug. In actual fact is good they built it there otherwise the dragon creep would have just destroyed there tree again. If blue stayed alive it would have ganged together to destroy the creep and move in the tree of life at same time.

I'm currently investigating the issue with the pathing.

EDIT:
Ok the pathing issue with the fountains is because the calculation of fountain impassible is not yet calculated so it beleives its passible. And it takes ages for fountain checks because all gold mines have to be done first. On a lighter note i have already taken measures to increase calculation time considerably. And i mean considerably. Before it would send each invisible pathing unit one at a time. Now it will send them all at once.

For example thats
Say its 30 seconds per gold mine average to calculate pathing over 10 gold mines. Thats 300 seconds or 5 minutes. The new system does all 10 at once so it will only take 30 seconds to calculate all gold mines. And can go straight to calculating the neutral buildings much faster.

EDIT2: I can now report all the mine, neutral pathing calculations roughly finish about the same time as when AMAI begins its first attacks.

Last edited by Strategy Master : 01-16-2007 at 09:22 PM.
Strategy Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 12:52 PM   #21
thenonhacker
User

@SM: Thanks! I am curious how these invisible units look like while pathing is being computed :)

___
Old 01-17-2007, 02:17 PM   #22
Strategy Master
Great Sage

Submissions (1)

@thenonhacker: you mean curious as to what the units actually are. Depends on what pathing your trying to calculate :D. Ground pathing is done by wisps i beleive.

Last edited by Strategy Master : 01-17-2007 at 02:17 PM.
Old 01-26-2007, 06:10 AM   #23
Zycat
User

Zycat has little to show at this moment (0)

Default Couple of games

Well I played couple of games with the AMAI 2.50 RC2. I must say that it is much better than the old AMAI but still have a room for improvement.

#1 is pretty good, I don't see any serious bugs. I noticed that there was like only a few militias, so you did override Blizzard's internal "alarm system" after all. But there's actually too few militias I think. Should be a little bit more shouldn't it?

In #2 it rushed my base with a... Mountain King. Hardly the best choice for hero rushes. I was about to rush it when the lone MK came.

In #3 the Orc A.I tried to tower rush me which failed. Plus, the undead A.I lost its Crypt Lord to creeps earlier in the game after being beaten up by my ally's Demon Hunter.
Attached Files
File Type: w3g vsAMAI(1).w3g (82.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: w3g vsAMAI(2).w3g (33.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: w3g vsAMAI(3).w3g (78.9 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by Zycat : 01-26-2007 at 06:13 AM.
Zycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 12:54 PM   #24
Strategy Master
Great Sage

Submissions (1)

@Zycat:

1: I'll check the code again, to see if something went wrong.

2: This is more random then anything. Aggressive profiles are more liklely to rush you even with rubbish rush heroes although almost certain rush if they pick a rush hero, but non - aggressive profiles are only going to be able to rush with the normal rush heroes or in 'chick3n's case it almost never rushes.

3: I'm looking into improving tower rush with a certain tactic that should help aid it against human players. I'll check the crypt lord dieing though. Most likely i expect the flee rules didn't run fast enough.
Old 01-26-2007, 04:22 PM   #25
Zycat
User

Quote:
@Zycat:
3: I'm looking into improving tower rush with a certain tactic that should help aid it against human players. I'll check the crypt lord dieing though. Most likely i expect the flee rules didn't run fast enough.

I think it did run fast enough (just in time in fact) BUT! instead of running back to the base after it's safe it decides to suicide into creeps that does not sleep.

Also just noticed that the Orc A.I said "I'm make massive raiders" which is grammatically incorrect methinks :p

Also I noticed while playing with the AMAIvsAI version, my 100% WorldEdit-constructed A.I does not behave like it normally does.

Problems that I noticed :
1. It cannot expand. At all. This is a major disadvantage.
2. It will build a Necropolis when it is upgrading to Halls of the Dead. Normally it does not, but I fixed this by adding condition that checks if there's already a Halls of the Dead or Black Citadel.
3. While it cannot expand, it acts like it has expanded and continued through the script.
4. It cannot convert some of the Obsidian Statues into Destroyers. Originally it will convert two of the statues into Destroyers (controlled by Attack Group, 0 min 2 max Destroyers) - I think you screwed the original Conversion() function.
5. This isn't a "problem" but AMAI sometimes got schooled in a 1 vs 1 game even with those disadvantages
Depends on the strategy I guess... this particular A.I's strategy is hard to counter. Look for yourself :p

These problems may show up in the original Blizzard A.I that you pitch the AMAI against.

Here's the A.I file (note it's a World Editor A.I so you must load it first). Oh, and it's for Undead.
Attached Files
File Type: zip The Scourge.zip (1.1 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by Zycat : 01-27-2007 at 07:09 AM.
Old 01-28-2007, 12:32 PM   #26
Strategy Master
Great Sage

Submissions (1)

@Zycat:

I was wanting some nice detailed reports of problems in non amai ai's.

This gives me alot to check up on. Cheers

The problem with the non-conversion of obsidion, I cannot remember but i'm sure blizzard ai's cannot properly do conversions, I'll check the code anyway.

EDIT: Well blizzard ai is expanding fine. Only thing messed up completly is the TownCountEx function for blizzard ai. The ai is passing blank unitid's to this function continously (never ends) which messes up the checks of counting units in towns.

There is nothing wrong with the conversion() function. It is the same exactly as blizzards. It could be that the above problem may be causing similar issue for it.

Last edited by Strategy Master : 01-28-2007 at 01:53 PM.
Old 01-28-2007, 05:25 PM   #27
Zycat
User

Quote:
The problem with the non-conversion of obsidion, I cannot remember but i'm sure blizzard ai's cannot properly do conversions, I'll check the code anyway.

There is nothing wrong with the conversion() function. It is the same exactly as blizzards. It could be that the above problem may be causing similar issue for it.

As far as I remember, the Blizzard A.I calls Conversions() function inside their FormGroup() function and FormGroup() is called everytime it wanted to attack (inside SingleMeleeAttack() and AttackMoveKillA() ) and so the Destroyer is created.

And so, by having an attack group with min: 0 and max: 2 Destroyers it will try to create 2 Destroyers but will not wait for them to be available.

Last edited by Zycat : 01-28-2007 at 05:37 PM.
Old 01-29-2007, 04:14 PM   #28
Strategy Master
Great Sage

Submissions (1)

Well this issue should be fixed now in the final release build of 2.50. Had a brain wave :D. If i didn't have that the integration of blizzard systems would of had to be totally re-done.

So hopefully it will fix the issues with the custom ai too.
Old 01-30-2007, 05:26 AM   #29
Zycat
User

Quote:
Well this issue should be fixed now in the final release build of 2.50. Had a brain wave :D. If i didn't have that the integration of blizzard systems would of had to be totally re-done.

So hopefully it will fix the issues with the custom ai too.

That's good to hear. I expect nothing less of you :p
Maybe we should open up a competition using GUI A.I only? hmmmm......

Last edited by Zycat : 01-31-2007 at 12:50 AM.
Old 04-07-2007, 11:37 PM
Looper
This message has been deleted by Looper.