wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Hosted Projects > AMAI
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 12-20-2006, 07:51 PM   #1
Strategy Master
Great Sage

Project Leader: AMAI

Submissions (1)

Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)

Default Feedback and Test Results: AMAI 2.50 RC 2

Use this thread to consolidate all feedback, test results, and accompanying replay files in this thread.
The version scope for this thread is only for AMAI 2.50 Release Candidate 2
Old 12-21-2006, 08:47 AM   #2
Eyepoke
User

Eyepoke has little to show at this moment (4)

Send a message via AIM to Eyepoke
Default sweet

awesome!! ima glad to see continueing improvements on this project. being a dial up user as i am -___-;;; i <3 AMAI keeps playing AI just that much more fun. keep up the good work. i jsut downloaded and once i get some sleep i will leave some feedback of RC2.
Eyepoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 01:05 PM   #3
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

Does insane AMAI cheat like the insane Blizzard AI does? Because I couldn't do a thing against it, there were just too many of them. Actualy, after loosing the first battle to mass undead casters I decided to try with some more demolishers and it actualy seemed like I was going to win the battle once we finaly fought, but then 4 statues turned into destroyers and it was gg. :( Also, the AI somehow knew I had an expansion going up?

Well, it could also be that I plain suck. Haven't played melee in ages. I'll try some more games vs normal AI later.
Attached Files
File Type: w3g LastReplay.w3g (54.2 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by Anitarf : 12-21-2006 at 01:08 PM.
Anitarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 06:38 PM   #4
Strategy Master
Great Sage

Submissions (1)

Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)

Yeah insane AMAI has double resources same as insane blizzard ai and so this cheating combined with amai becomes really hard to beat.
Old 12-27-2006, 09:44 PM   #5
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

Well, I just completely defeated a normal AMAI a couple of times, the attached replay being one of the more embarrassing losses for it since I didn't loose a single unit.

The problem is that the AI couldn't deal with some early hero harrasment, lost an archmage to a DH when it had a tower nearby it could use for cover, later let itself be creepjacked and continiued to try to fast expand when it was already obvious that it wasn't being particularly fast about it. Also, no rifles vs hunts, why not? Instead, it tried to tech to gryphs which was stupid without a secure expansion. The AI simply doesn't seem to be able to pick another strategy when the one it's currently using doesn't work. Fast expand definitely needs more contingency plans.

Edit: Another game of humans vs orcs, the AI tried to tower rush but failed miserably, it canceled building construction the moment my units touched the constructing towers, but kept trying to build new ones. It tried to keep with the strategy long after it had already failed, if it can't get a tower up by the time the enemy discovers it and attacks then it should abort the strategy.
Attached Files
File Type: w3g LastReplay.w3g (57.1 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by Anitarf : 12-27-2006 at 10:06 PM.
Anitarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 02:43 AM   #6
Zalamander
User

Zalamander has little to show at this moment (4)

The problems are the AI is just blind and can't react or micro in any way with use from the scripts we do.
It's impossible to make a AI able to handle a hero harass or to see what's actualy going on and change strategy at once. Sure the strategy changing can be more senitive but the result is often horrible it changes strategies all the time than and end up getting nothing(Have tried it).

You see the real AI that lies in the bottom the one that does all the actual unit movements and attacking and skill using is "hard coded" as we say and can't be modified at all. The scripts can only control it to some extent but not in realtime it sends new status updates and orders every 2sec or something depending on the priority there is on some orders.
Shoulden't be hard for you to understand it can't handle a hero rush if it can only get a snapshot of the situation and make a decision every 2sec. :)

One other irritating thing that is completely hard coded is the building placement when base is contructed, only for some special things like direct orders is it able to set locations for thoes towers. And AI scripts cant see wood at all so there is no way to detect the forest edge and make it build the lumber collection building near there.
Zalamander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 11:26 AM   #7
Strategy Master
Great Sage

Submissions (1)

@Anitarf: As Zal said this is also a problem why tower rushes, ancient expansions, millitia creeping are really difficult for the amai to use effeciently. So many different odd situations can occur with such humanly tactics. More so tower rushes as its difficult to detect when it should give up. In some situations if it had not given up it would have won but gave up. Its a very difficult thing to control, but i'll look into the code and see if such a check will work for more favourable conditions.

@Zal: I have actually managed to make lumber collection points build as close to lumber as possible using the autoharvest and is in current RC. A hidden unit autoharvests at start location so after a while we return position of the hidden unit thats harvesting wood. This returns a location to build lumber building as close to wood as possible. Such abuse to the systems :P but it works on all standard maps :D
Old 01-05-2007, 02:43 AM   #8
Zalamander
User

hehe nice one. I have test reports from my friend WargH mentioned on site btw.

Havent managed to get hold on you to tell you about them but he got error messages AI saying it failed to use neutral hero tavern at some maps.
He also found a kind of abuse, he plays night elf and hides a stealthed unit in the computers base during night this will make the AI stuck at home since it can detect enemy units in base even tho it cant see or attack them.
Anthing possible to do about this perhaps, either ignore the stealth units or use any means available to detect them and kill them.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:01 PM   #9
Strategy Master
Great Sage

Submissions (1)

@Zal: Thats odd i'm sure stealth units supposed to be ignored already. I'll check it out.
Old 01-07-2007, 07:55 PM   #10
iiedii
User

iiedii has little to show at this moment (0)

Send a message via MSN to iiedii
Default AMAI RC2 Tournament

Hello, Strategy Master. I ran a RC2 AMAI tournament, and the result showed:
Code:
---------------------------
AMAI vs AMAI Tournament
---------------------------
         Hum   Orc   UD   NE  |  Total Score
Hum      --     2    1    0   |       3
Orc       0    --    1    0   |       1
UD        2     2    --   1   |       5
NE        2     2    2    --  |       6
---------------------------------------------

Using 3 official maps: Turtle Rock, LostTemple & TwistedMeadows. The rule is something like WCG World Final. Any player who win 2 games will win his opponent. But each score are recorded. All AMAIs are set to normal mode (not insane).

Well done!!! There are no obvious bugs now, and it seems that Night Elf has been improved. And I saw Orc's tower rush although it failed in the end. I'm interested in future release.

Last edited by iiedii : 01-07-2007 at 08:05 PM.
iiedii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 09:09 PM   #11
moyack
Evil Emoticon

Respected User
Project Leader: PoC

Submissions (17)

moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)

AI Tournament #2 - 2nd PlaceHero Contest - Second place

Send a message via MSN to moyack

Hi Strategy Master:

I've been testing AMAI RC2 in the spare time, and I haven't found problems, the strategies are great, and the AI behaves smoothly in general.

but...

I think there is a serious bug with the Zeppelin usage, AMAI is just stupid using Zeppelins, even worst, it loads the units but it get stuck, the units are not unloaded.

Here's my replay.
Attached Files
File Type: w3g Zeppelin doesn't work.w3g (105.7 KB, 8 views)
moyack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 11:51 PM   #12
Zalamander
User

Hardcoded AI usualy interfere with zepplin control in some wierd random way some times. It just pickup units without reason or anything and we have yet to figure out and logic behind hardcoded AI zepplin control for what I know.

Some times it do manage to get units to a target on a island location but then it's usualy very buggy and one way trp for the units since the AI in war3 works with all units "the army" as one big unit things goes bad when a few units gets separated from the heard.
Old 01-09-2007, 05:21 PM   #13
Strategy Master
Great Sage

Submissions (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyack
Hi Strategy Master:

I've been testing AMAI RC2 in the spare time, and I haven't found problems, the strategies are great, and the AI behaves smoothly in general.

but...

I think there is a serious bug with the Zeppelin usage, AMAI is just stupid using Zeppelins, even worst, it loads the units but it get stuck, the units are not unloaded.

Here's my replay.

The map Desert Strife in question is not suited for AMAI play due to the way the pathing system works. The zeppelin usage by AMAI is just to save near dead units but not for navigating to un-reachable locations by foot and is most likely that behaviour was hard-coded blizzard zepplin usage.

I have interesting pathing projects in development on another mod which if works can be moved over to AMAI to hopefully enable play on these types of maps where player starts enclosed somewhere.
Old 01-09-2007, 05:52 PM   #14
moyack
Evil Emoticon

Respected User
Project Leader: PoC

Submissions (17)

moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)

AI Tournament #2 - 2nd PlaceHero Contest - Second place

Send a message via MSN to moyack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strategy Master
I have interesting pathing projects in development on another mod which if works can be moved over to AMAI to hopefully enable play on these types of maps where player starts enclosed somewhere.
Actually I'm working in something similar, it's a for a project focused in naval fights, and it requires that the AI use boat to transport units to the enemy island (something still impossible :P). I checked AMAI on this map by purpose, because even the harcoded blizzard AI management of Zeppelin transportion is in general buggy and unreliable.

If you add this as a AMAI job, it would make AMAI the best of the best. I'm doing this work in my few spare time, so if I get something, I will inform you because it can be quite useful for this project.
moyack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 09:32 AM   #15
Strategy Master
Great Sage

Submissions (1)

@Moyack: Sounds great. More people trying to solve this complication will help us work out a solution faster