wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Hosted Projects > AMAI
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 06:59 PM   #16
Neolink
User

Neolink has little to show at this moment (0)

ok i have found so far from a very quick testing session:

AMAI 75% of the time does a hero rush at the beggining of a map, which is very annoying when you sometimes have not even finished making your 2nd building.

Human AMAI using the arrghh(sp?) profile made 2 barracks for some reason as his first buildings, then started complaining that he had no money so he was going to expand to X location. [shown on screenshot]

NE AMAI(aggressor i think) said he was going mass druids when he had not even made a ancient of war yet, and produced zero units exept his hero after he said that.

main problem i found: on a hero rush once, the enemy hero was attacking a NE base, NE hero was stood nexto the building being attacked doing nothing, this is shown on the screenshot.

i'll do some more testing later

Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 07-22-2005, 07:20 PM   #17
Strategy Master
Great Sage

Project Leader: AMAI

Submissions (1)

Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)

Nice you fixed it.

Quote:
AMAI 75% of the time does a hero rush at the beggining of a map, which is very annoying when you sometimes have not even finished making your 2nd building.

If its beating you then it can't be bad :D . Although it depends what you do at start. Every time i play i never get hero rushed but thats only because i can build as fast as computer at start. If you have no units or anything then AMAI will of course attack you.

Quote:
main problem i found: on a hero rush once, the enemy hero was attacking a NE base, NE hero was stood nexto the building being attacked doing nothing, this is shown on the screenshot.

Replay please

@thenonhacker:
Upated known issues and future features from your summary.

Last edited by Strategy Master : 07-22-2005 at 07:36 PM.
Old 07-22-2005, 11:09 PM   #18
Quitch
User

Quitch has little to show at this moment (0)

I hope mana fountain usage will be waited by hero. If you have someone like the DK it doubles as a healing fountain.
Old 07-22-2005, 11:58 PM   #19
Neolink
User

Neolink has little to show at this moment (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strategy Master
If its beating you then it can't be bad :D . Although it depends what you do at start. Every time i play i never get hero rushed but thats only because i can build as fast as computer at start. If you have no units or anything then AMAI will of course attack you.

well, i usually play with 'random hero' which gives you a hero unit along with your workers at the start of a map, AMAI simply sends the hero as soon as the match starts to its targets base as far as i can see.

i did not take a replay of the hero bug though
Old 07-23-2005, 12:25 AM   #20
Strategy Master
Great Sage

Project Leader: AMAI

Submissions (1)

Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)

@quitch:
mana fountain usage is very rare. Its there more for novealty sake. Eventually we could make certain heroes use it more

@Neolink:
aha. Thats a different matter and is an interesting problem. Good job on testing that. Obviously no one has been playing that type of game in a long while and i will test myself as soon as possible.
Old 07-23-2005, 01:23 AM   #21
thenonhacker
User

thenonhacker has little to show at this moment (9)

Thanks StrategyMaster!

@Neolink: AMAI detects if you have no units, and does take advantage of that. Another thing is that it detects if you go teching or expanding, but do not have an army yet, then it attacks you ASAP.

So what I do is to assume the worst and make sure I build my heroes and units to 80 food fast, skip the Weapon and Armor upgrades. Once I have an 80-food army, that's where I start investing in Weapon and Armor upgrades.

That good thing about playing with AMAI is that you get trained playing vs a map hacker. I have one game in BNet (prev patches ago) with an unskilled map hacker, yet I managed to win. :8

Starcraft 2 Starfeeder.com: Your Starcraft 2 Tournament Community and Blog!
___
(7 deleted/ignored post(s)) [show]

Old 07-23-2005, 02:29 AM
iamxiaot
This message has been deleted by Strategy Master.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:42 AM
lsl62870439
This message has been deleted by Strategy Master. Reason: Spam when forum closed
Old 12-20-2005, 11:07 AM
Vexorian
This message has been deleted by Strategy Master. Reason: Spam when forum closed
Old 12-20-2005, 11:35 AM
Whitehorn
Old 12-20-2005, 11:50 AM
Vexorian
Old 12-20-2005, 12:18 PM
frozenknight
Old 12-20-2005, 12:24 PM
Whitehorn
Closed Thread