wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Hosted Projects > AMAI
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 02:35 PM   #46
Strategy Master
Great Sage

Project Leader: AMAI

Submissions (1)

Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)

Its not a bug with amai. Its a bug with SFMPQ. All ROC executables go crazy. You will just have to use the installer instead of the executable and everything then should work.

ApplyTableChanges is only for custom amai generally as new amai versions are released without needing to use the applytablechanges on the non-custom amai. It only makes custom amai's compatible with the new version if u require it. AMAI dosn't change any in game unit stats.

As for the error message I not sure what the problem could be.
Old 04-20-2005, 01:51 PM   #47
tarpad
User

tarpad has little to show at this moment (0)

Thank you for your advices.
Now I start the Original War3.exe instead of the compiled AMAI_ROC exe, and it works fine
Arpad
Old 05-20-2005, 12:40 AM   #48
lunar_anubis
User

lunar_anubis has little to show at this moment (0)

I have a problem with AMAI. I recently downloaded the lastest TFT patch (1.18). When I installed it, I re-installed AMAI for all of the maps. My problem: any map with AMAI on it freezes up either at the load or when ESC is hit. How do I fix this, if at all? And if I can't fix it, will it be fixed at the next version?
Old 05-20-2005, 11:50 PM   #49
Tez
User

Tez has little to show at this moment (0)

Did you try AMAI_TFT.exe that cames with Developer Edition? It doesn't require you to modify maps. Place it in your War3TFT folder and use as War3TFT launcher.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:17 AM   #50
Akubi
User

Akubi has little to show at this moment (0)

I woulk love to play interactively with AMAI as my ally. How about making them response to our certain command like "help = request backup", "need gold = request resource", "attack <color> = join attack", " rally <ping map> = rally at that point", etc. Just like COUNTER STRIKE CONDITION ZERO. The AI personality can vary from cooperative to rogue. How is that?
Old 07-19-2005, 12:02 PM   #51
thenonhacker
User

thenonhacker has little to show at this moment (9)

@Akubi: I like your idea! Something like, the chat message is also a command prompt for AMAI Team functions.

Starcraft 2 Starfeeder.com: Your Starcraft 2 Tournament Community and Blog!
___
Old 07-19-2005, 01:26 PM   #52
Tez
User

Tez has little to show at this moment (0)

Akubi
I woulk love to play interactively with AMAI as my ally. How about making them response to our certain command like "help = request backup", "need gold = request resource", "attack <color> = join attack", " rally <ping map> = rally at that point", etc. Just like COUNTER STRIKE CONDITION ZERO. The AI personality can vary from cooperative to rogue. How is that?

thenonhacker
I like your idea! Something like, the chat message is also a command prompt for AMAI Team functions.

Make yourselves to pay attention to the motd.
There written: "Type 'Cmd: Help' to get Help."
Old 07-19-2005, 02:10 PM   #53
Quitch
User

Quitch has little to show at this moment (0)

I've tried using those commands before and could never get them to work, I always had to use the menu.
Old 07-20-2005, 02:12 AM   #54
Akubi
User

Akubi has little to show at this moment (0)

I was just about to tell you guys that I recently discovered the nicely done command menu. It's really a good job. You can request the AI current strategy and ask them to change it if you see fit. You can also order them to attack or defend. That little menu is actually way convinient thantyping in the command. Only thing is that sometimes i like to communicate with AI thru chatting. But for now, it's good enough, until I think of some more ideas.
Old 07-21-2005, 02:59 AM   #55
oscuro

I played as human against 1 human amai computer on normal using the simple beta version just released. The computer beat my entire army which was standing by my expansion base. After wards he simply left. In that quick few seconds after he wiped my army out I replaced my guys and put up towers. AMAI didnt kill me like he should. He picked REMUS strategy if that matters.

Old 07-21-2005, 08:44 AM   #56
Quitch
User

Quitch has little to show at this moment (0)

Remus is a profile not a stratergy :)
Old 07-21-2005, 11:46 AM   #57
thenonhacker
User

thenonhacker has little to show at this moment (9)

@oscuro: May we see the replay?

Starcraft 2 Starfeeder.com: Your Starcraft 2 Tournament Community and Blog!
___
Old 07-21-2005, 08:42 PM   #58
oscuro

hmm nevermind about the problem it seems shortly after he came back and did me in even with my towers. No replay because I lost, and AMAI beat me fair and square.

Closed Thread