wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Hosted Projects > AMAI
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 03:02 AM   #1
thenonhacker
User

thenonhacker has little to show at this moment (9)

@AMAI Team:

I'd like to make an opportunity out of the Map-Scan delay on the game. Before making the map scan, AMAI should show a Warcraft Tip (similar to the tips in the Prologue Tutorial Game, with soft bell sounds). I have writted a lot of "Tip of the Day" in your Chat Suggestions for a start.

We can get more from the "Tip of the Days" at wc3strategy.com. Like just recently, I found a cool tip that AMAI itself might find useful:

Once an enemy with a low-heath hero starts TP'ing out, cast Lightning Shield on many units as much as possible. The enemy will end up TP'd to the base in one tight pack, and kill the low-heath hero and units 95% of the time, except for NE with auto-cast Moonwells (I'll try this VS AMAI this weekend). So you get to kill units even after they escape!

By doing this, AMAI is not just an improvement over the Blizzard AI, but also stands as a good training ground for Warcraft III players.

Starcraft 2 Starfeeder.com: Your Starcraft 2 Tournament Community and Blog!
___
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 10-27-2004, 03:05 AM   #2
thenonhacker
User

@AMAI Team: BTW, I also would like to report the AMAI 2.40 bug on the "Friends" map, which I reported before. I still saw in a replay that AMAI sends units to the middle fountains blocked by trees.

___
Old 10-27-2004, 05:09 AM   #3
FieldMedic
User

FieldMedic has little to show at this moment (0)

A problem i noticed in a FFA , me and 3 AMAI on a big map , is that sometime AMAI send some units to fight the creeps without the hero (the hero is going to another direction) .

I understand that in The Frozen Throne this can be used to allow someone to harrass the opponent with a hero and a few units while gaining experience from his units fighting the creeps.

Unfortunately the hero gaining experience from units creeping on their own is not a feature of RoC.

I don't remember having noticed this in previous AMAI, but on another note i never played big maps with AMAI.

On small or normal maps i have not noticed this (as the battles will occur very soon and often, giving no opportunity to AMAI to seperate some units from his main army) but on more big maps, this AMAI behaviour gives AMAI a harder time against a human player.

Not really an annoyance for me , as i usually play small/normal maps, but i report it in case of it leading in some more unsuspected yet problem.
Old 10-27-2004, 09:58 AM   #4
Zalamander
User

Zalamander has little to show at this moment (4)

Yeah I guess we can add the tip of the day feature I just forgot that they was there sorry. :/

They some time send out units to creep without the hero yes, but it's not meant to be like that, it's usualy happening when the hero get stuck by the shop trying to buy something. I think this among many other things will be fixed when the plan system is finished.
Old 10-28-2004, 02:10 PM   #5
thenonhacker
User

@Zalamander: YAY! Thanks! A very big help! AMAI will have another feature helpful to players novice and advanced alike. :-)

___
Old 10-29-2004, 03:23 AM   #6
thenonhacker
User

@AMAI Team: Here's the Warcraft Strategy site that has nice Tip of the Day (TotD) items, for AMAI's own TotD, and for AMAI's special battle tactics:

http://wc3.warcraftstrategy.com/db/a...Tip+of+the+Day

Which also leads me to ask: Can AMAI be made to support "Micromanagement" plugins/functions to implement tactics mentioned in the TotD's? If yes, then that would be very cool!

. We would be seeing developers creating plugins
that would implement tactics like Offensive
Level 3 Holy Light on weak Undead units/heroes,
or Hero Skill Set Change with Tome of Retraining
when there's a Goblin Shop in the map.

. AMAI Tactics are now loosely coupled from the
main AMAI engine. E.g. Orc Tower strats,
Healing Module, Base Harass Module,
Opponent Behavior Pattern Analysis, etc...

___
Old 10-29-2004, 01:20 PM   #7
AIAndy
User

Respected User

AIAndy is on a distinguished road (21)

I intend to make that possible. The problem with it is that those tactics easily interfer with each other and since there is no resource management for units yet they will likely do more bad than good in the current state. That is one of the reasons for making the plan system as it will solve that problem. Maybe in the first step of it I will not take over army movement so it will be out faster. Tactics could either be plans or a different concept.
Suggestions for the structure of that are welcome.
In next version a first possibility of plugins will be there. Job plugins, as I have split up the separate jobs into different files.
Old 11-13-2004, 09:45 AM   #8
Stormwind

Sorry about reviving this thread :P But i found a minor issue in 2.42

The issue is that, when playing in swedish, and your orc ally says he wants to go grunts and catapults, he says just that, not in swedish though.

Old 11-14-2004, 01:41 AM   #9
Quitch
User

Quitch has little to show at this moment (0)

I keep seeing the annoying "Fight or Flight" behaviour. Was watching a FFA with 6 AMAIs and several times an AMAI would engage the enemy, then immediately disengage then enage (and repeat) until it had VERY SLOWLY gone back to its base, usually losing most of its troops along the way.

I can't decide if this is AMAI trying to override some builtin behaviour or what, but it is costing the AI armies. My team games contain examples of this, but I can post the FFA if needed.
Old 11-15-2004, 09:02 AM   #10
Zalamander
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormwind
Sorry about reviving this thread :P But i found a minor issue in 2.42

The issue is that, when playing in swedish, and your orc ally says he wants to go grunts and catapults, he says just that, not in swedish though.

I will check this, haven't noticed any such tings in the swedish so far. :/
Old 11-15-2004, 09:37 PM   #11
Stormwind

Yes go ahead, if you need details i will be happy to give them to you, alltough i can provide no replay :(.

Old 11-18-2004, 10:14 AM   #12
thenonhacker
User

I was just adding Chat messages at http://amai.wc3campaigns.com/?page=chat. Is there I way I could view all the suggested chat messages? It would be great, because by reading what others suggested, I'll have more ideas. For now, I'm trying to add chats that are actually what I see in BNet replays, so AMAI will talk like a serious player, or a funny troll.

___
Old 11-18-2004, 03:08 PM   #13
Zalamander
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenonhacker
I was just adding Chat messages at http://amai.wc3campaigns.com/?page=chat. Is there I way I could view all the suggested chat messages? It would be great, because by reading what others suggested, I'll have more ideas. For now, I'm trying to add chats that are actually what I see in BNet replays, so AMAI will talk like a serious player, or a funny troll.

Hehe I don't think you will get any ideas from what most others suggested. :)

I can give you a few rows from the english files here:

go puke
(\'\'\'\'(_(o.O)_)\'\'\'\')
bitch
wwww
hello
FUCK
gl
Â?DÂ?I
???
°´Ã*±µØ·½

Well 90% looks like that, and thats why Im concidering removing the add chat feature again.
Old 11-19-2004, 02:27 AM   #14
thenonhacker
User

@Zal: Hmmm... Then we will need to Troll-Proof the Add Chat feature, LOLz! Please don't remove the feature yet, as I have more ideas for quality AMAI Chat. I am committed to help AMAI, I want it to be the best in all aspects, and for me, the Chat feature is one of them. Chat makes the game fun. I had this DOS game "Scorched Earth", where the tanks display chat before attacking ("Catch this!", and fires napalm) or upon defeat ("Farewell Cruel World", then tank explodes).

And on AMAI 4.0, this idea may be a nice addition: AMAI reacting to what you say like this DOS program "Dr. Sbaitso" .

___

Last edited by thenonhacker : 11-19-2004 at 02:35 AM.
Old 11-19-2004, 08:58 AM   #15
Zalamander
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenonhacker
And on AMAI 4.0, this idea may be a nice addition: AMAI reacting to what you say like this DOS program "Dr. Sbaitso" .

Will only be possible by using triggers unfortunatly. :/
Not sure if it's wort the effort or the CPU power to make such a chat system.

Worlds most andvanced chat AI is said to be A.L.I.C.E.
Try it out. http://alice.pandorabots.com/

Last edited by Zalamander : 11-19-2004 at 09:07 AM.
Closed Thread