wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Hosted Projects > AMAI
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2004, 10:19 PM   #31
Zalamander
User

Zalamander has little to show at this moment (4)

@Goose: Yes they do. basic_melee is footmen.
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 03-27-2004, 12:07 AM   #32
Goose
User

Goose has little to show at this moment (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalamander
@Goose: Yes they do. basic_melee is footmen.

Got me again! I only searched for FOOTMEN in the strategies.. forgot about basic_melee.

PS I played a game last night and was harassed by a Night Elf player. The harassing is very cool!
Old 03-27-2004, 01:28 PM   #33
xGT4x
User

xGT4x has little to show at this moment (0)

When will you release the version with the bugs fixed like workers(which I can do on my own:D). And are you going to make more versions with things like better teaming?
Old 03-27-2004, 07:01 PM   #34
FieldMedic
User

FieldMedic has little to show at this moment (0)

Hello

I am a ROC player only , and i play this game only vs CPU as battlenet does not have my interest anymore.

I discovered AMAI with this 2.0 version, and i must say that it is really incredible, i never suspected your work to be so great on ROC.
That is just the AI that should have been coded with the retail game !

On the normal difficulty level , i usually was victorious against the blizzard AI in 1vs1 or FFA easily , the tactics i used were enough to give me the upper hand in 99% of the games.

But , after AMAI 2.0, that was not the same pattern, at all.
On normal difficulty , i lost my 5 first 1vs1 games on the map Tranquil Paths
But more than the difficulty i was really impressed in fact to see how many different tactics AMAI used to crush me and all the adaptation that AMAI could made according to what kind of units i opposed to it.

I finally begin to win some games, but wow that is really intense now , a very very lot superior to the AI i used to play with, very human-like.

Congratulations on such a great work , and thank you a lot
Your AMAI added a lot of replayability to my ROC games , i cant believe how interesting playing vs the CPU became !
Old 03-29-2004, 12:28 AM   #35
U8er_L33t
User

U8er_L33t has little to show at this moment (0)

When i tried to put it on my map it has a error has occured message that shuts down the program why wont it work? Ive tried it like 20 times
Old 03-29-2004, 12:32 AM   #36
Zalamander
User

Maybe you install the wrong version? TFT and use RoC or RoC and use TFT. or the map might be corrupted somehow I can't find any other explenation, never had any trubble my self.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieldMedic
Congratulations on such a great work , and thank you a lot
Your AMAI added a lot of replayability to my ROC games , i cant believe how interesting playing vs the CPU became !

Thank you thank you, thats the intention of AMAI. Thank WargH for the still updated RoC version, he's a RoC player who betatest most of time for me, one of the few I know who can beat a Insane AMAI in a fair play game without strange rushes or air harass as well.

and XIID.GT4 it will be a 2.01 'Soonâ„¢' Just want to make some final preparations and add some more strategies. added a few in the last days and I haven't added any strategies in AMAI for several month so at least that will also be something new. Just hope we get the strategy database up soon as well so anyone can contribute to the strategies in AMAI.
Old 03-29-2004, 01:56 AM   #37
FieldMedic
User

FieldMedic has little to show at this moment (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by U8er_L33t
When i tried to put it on my map it has a error has occured message that shuts down the program why wont it work? Ive tried it like 20 times
There is the possibility that the map file is on Read Only too, if Zalamander's advice does not help you.
I had an error that ended the installation when i tried to install AMAI on a custom map, i had forgotten that i had set this map on Read Only a long time ago.
So , and that is obvious, a Read Only file cant allow the installation of AMAI

Check if in the map file properties , of the map causing the problem, the Read Only option is ticked.
If it is the case , untick it , and try again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalamander
Thank you thank you, thats the intention of AMAI. Thank WargH for the still updated RoC version, he's a RoC player who betatest most of time for me, one of the few I know who can beat a Insane AMAI in a fair play game without strange rushes or air harass as well.
I am really impressed that he can beat an insane AMAI, as the normal one can turn everytime my games in a very intense fight, i cant dare to imagine the insane AMAI

Anyways, thanks again to you and your coding/strategy partners for making AMAI and for enhancing the interest of CPU games so much.
I hope your fantastic work will be recognized by blizzard, you deserve it
Old 03-29-2004, 04:34 AM   #38
Tez
User

Tez has little to show at this moment (0)

There is a problem with custom strategies. I've made two strategies for elf & one for human. When using any of them computer won't attack both creeps and enemies. He is almost idle until strategy change. Even when he builds everything right up 100 food and do every needed upgrade.

You can check my strategies: Elf Ranged, Elf Air & Human Air (there are exported versions in html; or you can get all three *.ais in zip, referer is needed to download zip: http://www.geocities.com/tez_from_russia/index.html).

Last edited by Tez : 04-01-2004 at 05:23 AM.
Old 03-29-2004, 12:03 PM   #39
AIAndy
User

Respected User

AIAndy is on a distinguished road (21)

The first issue with your strategies is, that you use build orders for heroes directly. Use SetBuildUnit(1, hero_id[1], 80) instead. That could well be the source of your problem because he expects that he builds the heroes he has chosen. Also if you want him to creep with hero only, you have to set the minimum attack strength low enough, although he is pretty bad in hero creeping (the hard coded AI interfers there often).
The second issue I can see is that you order some upgrades built in lower tiers that you do not build in higher tiers. Note that if he does not get to build them in the lower tiers or he switches to this strategy in the higher tiers, then he will not build that stuff ordered in the lower tiers. This is no problem for upgrades of which you order a higher level, because he will then also upgrade the lower levels, but for single level upgrades, they should be in all tiers where you want to have them.
Old 03-31-2004, 05:34 AM   #40
Tez
User

I've replaced all heroes with hero_id[1] as you say. (You can check fixed strategies over old links (see my previous post) – I've updated them.) And that doesn't solve the problem at all. AMAI with my strategies in most cases is idle still.
There is more information about my problem:
In most cases AMAI doesn't attack both creeps and enemies. “In most cases� means that this happens not always – sometimes computer shows a little activity (for example, it can kill one group of creeps). And sometimes… computer takes part in game as a normal full-scale AMAI.
Here is some regularity. Judging by small number of games that I've played, I think:
- When AMAI is in team with another AMAI, in ~80% cases it plays well (attacking & etc.).
- When AMAI is in team with player it never attacks (in this case I never saw him attacking, really).
As I said, I've made strategies only for human and for elf. And there is some difference – for example, you play with elf and he is idle (of course) you can easily revive him by ordering to change strategy. But if it is a human – there are no chances! Strategy change doesn't help. Moreover, sometimes human only posts one response: “Changes current strategy� without showing name of strategy it switches to. I saw this a few times.

And here is replay with my map with CPU overload (don't forget to fill in referer field in your download manager: http://www.geocities.com/tez_from_russia/index.html). Interesting that CPU overload is recorded! And custom strategy bug about I speak – is recorded too!

PS
I've forgot to say that I changed LevelStrengthMap.txt table to allow AMAI attack large groups of strong creeps on my map. As you can see in replay - blue Human & Orc methodically kill creeps.
And some info about CPU overload – I've measured it. It is cyclic: 15-16 sec. of CPU overloading replaced by 1 sec. normal work and then repeats.

Last edited by Tez : 03-31-2004 at 09:22 AM.
Old 03-31-2004, 09:49 PM   #41
Zalamander
User

Well I first took a look at you 2 elf strategies, both seem to be strategies with very slow start since they only upgrade stuff in tier 1 and 2.
then there is some things that might be wrong.

call SetBuildUpgr(3, UPG_MARK_CLAW, 50)
call SetBuildUpgr(3, UPG_MARK_TALON, 10)

if Im not mistaken these upgrades only has 1 level no 3rd.

the multilevel upgrades for druid of the talon and druid of the claw is not used you might have mixed them somehow, but they only got 2 levels so no 3rd level there.

they are:
UPG_DRUID_TALON
UPG_DRUID_CLAW
however you don't need to order these upgrades since they ar needs of the other 2 upgrades you already order. They will be build automatically.

and this:
call SetBuildUnit(2, DRUID_CLAW_M, 60)

DRUID_CLAW_M is the bear form of druid of the claw and it can not be built in that form so build DRUID_CLAW instead.

Can't see any direct errors with the human strategy but you order herio1 2 times in tier1 and no time in tier 3 there, it's nu trubble but looks a bit strange.

And about the reproduce of AI lag in replays.
The reason is actualy becuse the AI's gameplay is not recorded in the replay thats the reason the map you used with the AI installed on it is needed if anyone is to see your replay with AMAI or any other custom AI.
You might wonder how it comes that the computers play exactly like they did again then in the replay if they are not recorded, this is becuse all random genereted numbers that control the AIs descisions when they played are recorded in the replay, they will do all the same things at the same time.
Old 04-01-2004, 05:20 AM   #42
Tez
User

Thx with upgrades. Now I've understood.
Quote:
The reason is actualy becuse the AI's gameplay is not recorded in the replay thats the reason the map you used with the AI installed on it is needed if anyone is to see your replay with AMAI or any other custom AI.
But I've included the map in archive (there are have to be two files: replay & map)! Do you download AMAI-CPU-overload.zip exactly?

And some more. I've noticed that sometimes replays with AMAI are corrupted. Not only hero or artifacts appearing after player's defeat, but completely different game! For example, I've replay, where all my units' activity haven't recorded at all!
Old 04-01-2004, 08:41 PM   #43
Zalamander
User

Can't download it, "Page was not found".
Old 04-02-2004, 05:00 AM   #44
Tez
User

Do as I speak:
- copy this link: http://www.geocities.com/tez_from_ru...U-overload.zip
- open http://www.geocities.com/tez_from_russia/index.html in your browser (no matter that there is "not found" error) and then paste from clipboard link to zip file into adress field in your browser. Now zip shall be found.
Old 04-02-2004, 09:25 PM   #45
MurphGuitar
User

MurphGuitar has little to show at this moment (0)

Something odd just happened in a game with (AMAI)Zitrax. Zitrax was playing undead, and I was near the front of its base fighting for a bit then I backed off. Then after a bit Zitrax text chatted "No zeppelin found for transported peon" or something like that. I wondered what in the world that meant. A while later I scouted with the Far Seer's farsight and found a zeppelin hovering over the Undead haunted mine. I sent some wind riders over to kill the zeppelin, and all the acolytes came out, and were stunned of course, like units are when they fall out of a zeppelin.

So maybe there's something wrong with a script telling the AMAI to save its peons by putting them in a zep when the base is attacked? Maybe there's nothing there to direct the AMAI to take the peons out of the zep and re-task them after the threat is over?
Closed Thread