wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Hosted Projects > AMAI
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2004, 03:00 PM   #151
Tommi
User

Tommi has little to show at this moment (4)

If you meant me, no, I don't have ICQ. I don't even know what it is. :p

Cheers,

Tommi
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 01-05-2004, 04:44 PM   #152
AIAndy
User

Respected User

AIAndy is on a distinguished road (21)

Yes, I meant you, Tommi.
ICQ is an instant messenger which can be used to communicate/send messages/chat with people who are online at the same time. That is how I and Zalamander communicate so if you like to help that is the easiest way to talk with us.
Old 01-05-2004, 06:26 PM   #153
MansoN_za
User

MansoN_za has little to show at this moment (0)

If you ever need help/suggestions with build orders etc, I'd love to help out.

:)
Old 01-06-2004, 02:06 PM   #154
Jum-Jum
User

Jum-Jum has little to show at this moment (0)

Hmm I was thinking. And can you make certain strategies against certain races? Like Orc goes tower rush just against humans. Is that possible?
Old 01-06-2004, 02:19 PM   #155
Tommi
User

Tommi has little to show at this moment (4)

Quote:
Originally posted by AIAndy
Yes, I meant you, Tommi.
ICQ is an instant messenger which can be used to communicate/send messages/chat with people who are online at the same time. That is how I and Zalamander communicate so if you like to help that is the easiest way to talk with us.
Ok. I downloaded ICQ Lite and it gave me a number, which I put into my profile.
Old 01-07-2004, 01:10 AM   #156
Zalamander
User

Zalamander has little to show at this moment (4)

I added you Tommi see you whenever you are online.

but where is Jum-Jum's ICQ?
Maybe I shuld ask Mio. :)

btw anyone who wants to help out on strategy suggestions can add me on ICQ (91237996).

Or start idleing in channel #AMAI on the IRC network irc.quakenet.org .

Im usualy there a few hours every day (My nick is there always due to my bouncer so don't get suprised if I don't answere).
Old 01-08-2004, 07:22 PM   #157
MansoN_za
User

Hey AMAI guys

Just a quick question, what determines when the PC will upgrade to tier2/3 etc.

For example, I just played as UD vs HMN (Normal) on The Two Rivers.
At 6:36 into the replay, I was about a quarter of the way onto my Black Citadel (Tier 3) and the PC was still on tier 1 (Town Hall). It had 46/48 and my upkeep was 35/40.

Another question, does the PC know it's opponents upkeep, and if so, why does it not attack when it clearly has a bigger army? If it doesn't know, then obviously that's fine.

Secondly, aside from NE, I think teching to tier 2 and beyond is essential in any game of WC3. Obviously, you need an army to start off with, otherwise you leave yourself vunerable to attack, etc etc.

Obviously there are numerous strategies that the PC tries with AMAI and I am merely commenting about one. Maybe it was not meant to tech quickly, but as I watch the reply, almost immediatly after it reached tier 2, it teched to tier 3 (castle) and later on produced knights etc. However, the only real reason I won, even though I had a 50/50 army vs a 58/62 approximately is because I was at tier 3 long before the PC got there.

One other thing I have noticed, the number of peasants/peons/wisps etc the PC uses for lumber harvesting is quite high, any reason for this? In this game I have mentioned above, it had at least 10 peasants on wood. That is quite unncessary in my opinion *shrugs* a couple fewer would be better. I always notice the PC has WAY more lumber then me at the end of most games, which is quite a waste..

P.S. Thanks for AMAI 19r5, I was getting a bit sick of the snow in the XMAS version! ;]

Thanks for your time.

Old 01-08-2004, 10:04 PM   #158
Zalamander
User

hehe, I got sick of snow as well. :)

Well firstly, the computer know the food usage of the enemy yes but not exactly they know it with about +-10% and the main reason it might not attack until it got a very much larger army than you might be that you are playing against a profile that don't dare to attack. For example [AMAI]Chick3n need a much larger army than you before it dares to attack you.

When they tech is different from different strategies as I guess you understand when you mentioned a human teching very fast. it sounds like it was a human computer using the mass knights strategy, it tries to get knights and priests as fast as possible, mostly the human computers won't use that teching strategy from start of the game, only switch to it later maybe if you go mass archer or something, But you might played vs a profile who got that strategy as favorite strategy and there for it's more likely to be used at once if it's that computer you play against. For example [AMAI]Xerox has knight as favorite unit when playing as human so that computer might prefere that strategy more.

I know they tech slower than most human players but that is becuse computers can't manege with a very small army like most human players that can creep with lone heroes and such, computers usualy need to gain some strength in tier1 before they start teching else they will most of time be very easy beaten by harassers and rushers.

But I can promise most strategies will have changed and been a lot more optimized when AMAI 2.0 finaly arrives.
Old 01-09-2004, 05:30 PM   #159
MansoN_za
User

Thanks for the reply, answered my questions perfectly.

Old 01-28-2004, 01:32 AM   #160
HippyJoe2004
User

HippyJoe2004 has little to show at this moment (0)

Quote:
Originally posted by AIAndy
I think if two abilities have the same position, one is shifted to the right.

But the idea of a thread with a wish list is good although I don't think we will get new things such as that at the current state of War3 (how long the current patch takes shows that they do not have a lot of manpower in War3 any more).

They don't have much manpower because the majority (i think) of workers are developing SC:Ghost and WoW........but they still should be able to give you some recognition........you guys need a medal :D

Edit: uhoh double post......
Old 02-15-2004, 05:17 AM   #161
Sulik
User

Sulik has little to show at this moment (0)

Just to let you know that more and more people enjoy AMAI. Keep up the good work!

Here is the link if you interest:
http://www.gamevn.com/forum/showthre...997#post535997
Old 02-17-2004, 10:52 AM   #162
Zalamander
User

hehe, thats a bit odd since we haven had an update for 2 months soon and haven't done any advertising for AMAI since last release.

We are currently working on making AMAI 2.0 worth the name by adding very many useful features and fixing bugs. But I think we will release the first version of 2.0 within 2 weeks when most optimization and features are done.
Old 02-22-2004, 11:37 AM   #163
MansoN_za
User

Great, can't wait for version 2. Looking forward to it!
Old 02-25-2004, 11:33 PM   #164
MurphGuitar
User

MurphGuitar has little to show at this moment (0)

Can we get any hints about what's new in 2.0 please? TIA
Old 02-26-2004, 10:28 PM   #165
Zalamander
User

Firstly, AMAI has been converted to make use of tables so that anyone can add and modify strategies and chat taunts very easy, we have plans to make a editor for this as well to make it even more easy later on, we had plans to have this editor fibnished for the release of 2.0 but seems we can't find anyone willing to help us making this editor.

well I think it's ok if I tell some new things.

bug fixes:
Memory leaks gone.
Expansion system works as it should.
Some other bugs in techtrees I don't remember.

soon, the NE expansion bug that Blizzard never takes care of is gone from AMAI.

new features: (These are mostly planned features not sure if all will make it to the release of 2.0)
AMAI almost toaly remade very easy to customize own strategies.
Computers will have improved micromanegement.
All strategies much more optimized.
Computers can harass.

Well if would have written all new smaller features here it would take up to much space in the forum so I just cut it here.

At least our goal is to satisfy everyone with AMAI 2.0
Closed Thread