wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Hosted Projects > AMAI
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2003, 10:14 PM   #1
AIAndy
User

Respected User

AIAndy is on a distinguished road (21)

Note: This thread is old, so most of the information contained in it is outdated.

In this thread post any feedback or question you have regarding AMAI (Advanced Melee AI) or the included Commander.
The current version is 1.9 Release 4 for patch 1.10 + 1.11 + 1.12 + 1.13 RoC and 1.12 + 1.13 TFT.
The AMAI site:
http://amai.wc3campaigns.com

Last edited by AIAndy : 10-15-2004 at 06:28 PM.
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 06-25-2003, 10:28 PM   #2
MeatHead
User

MeatHead has little to show at this moment (0)

Is there a way to get the comp opponent to do a strat?
I wanted to set up a game and practice countering orc towerrushes, so i set up an orc opponent to play with, but in-game, when i try to tell him to tower rush me, he says, I'll never obey you! How do i set it up so he always rushes me???
Old 06-25-2003, 11:27 PM   #3
AIAndy
User

Respected User

I guess the easiest way is to put the following trigger in the map:

EVENT
Whenever you want the tower rush to happen (e.g. ellapsed game time)

ACTION
Send orc_enemy the AI command (17, 0)

That will make him initiate a tower rush.

By itself the orc AI will not attempt a towerrush (it does not work that well most of the time).
Old 06-26-2003, 03:46 AM   #4
MeatHead
User

Hmmm, doesn't seem to work, i set it up as:

Time-Time elapsed is 20 seconds

send Player-2 (blue) the AI command (17,0)

It didnt tower rush me...
Old 06-26-2003, 07:54 AM   #5
AIAndy
User

Respected User

Make sure you have AMAI version 1.0 installed.
Then I guess that 20 seconds is a bit short and might result in not having peons available at that point. Try to increase it to say 120 seconds to test it. Even then the towerrush tends to sometimes fail so try at least twice.
Old 06-26-2003, 03:39 PM   #6
MeatHead
User

Hmmm, they, sorta tower-rushed, if thats what you would call it. They built 2 watch towers like at the choke-point of the closest expansion to my base :(
Old 06-26-2003, 05:11 PM   #7
AIAndy
User

Respected User

That is the reason why we did not make them use it as standard strategy. It works pretty bad right now. In fact they should build 4 towers per peon (8 in total) but they are so easily interrupted. The main problem is that we have no good possibility to get the time when the tower is finished.
Old 06-28-2003, 01:13 AM   #8
calmb4storm

Looks like AMAI 1.0 isn't quite final.

Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos Patch 1.10 Coming

What a doozy.

Course if TFT has a grealy enhanced worldedit with all new jazzy JASS I'm sure everyone will understand if TFT AMAI development takes priority.

But its good Chaos players not upgrading will have new goodies to play with next week.

Old 06-28-2003, 07:47 PM   #9
Zalamander
User

Zalamander has little to show at this moment (4)

Don't worry, AMAI 1.1 release 1 is already done, just waiting for 1.10 :)
Old 07-06-2003, 11:45 AM   #10
calmb4storm

I'm happy to see AMAI 1.1 is doing better than ever, with new dirty tricks added :)

I'm hopeful you will tackle TFT's stock melee AI also, because its seemingly inherited RotC's shortcomings. Perhaps its outright broken. At any rate I don't imagine Blizzard's AI will ever incorporate stunts like critterport in a future patch.

1v1 is plenty aggressive but team AI, 2v2 and up, can become very confused. Quite often one AI teammember will stand around in its base, stockpiling resources and doing nothing. At times it can have a large surplus in gold and be starving for wood, and apparently oblivious to the shortage.

I set it to insane AI, it hoards 7000 gold 2500 wood and spends none of it while the other team bases and eventually its own base are all wiped out. It wasn't anywhere near 100 supply. Even if it were it could buy shop items, build towers, do anything but stand there. So much for the "defense captain" he needs to be demoted :)

Thanks for AMAI 1.1, very unpredictable!

Old 07-06-2003, 12:02 PM   #11
AIAndy
User

Respected User

A first version of AMAI for TFT is nearly finished and will probably be released in the evening.
To make it simple there will be both versions (for TFT and RoC) in the release and you can choose in the installer which one you'd like to install.
It will use the new units, heroes and upgrades of the races.
I have also started with the code to make it use the neutral heroes but that will probably not yet be finished for this version.
Old 07-23-2003, 01:04 AM   #12
toochaos
User

toochaos has little to show at this moment (0)

here is what i have found on a map with portals the comp keeps running through them back and forth after its told me its going to attack this is for 1.4
Old 07-23-2003, 08:23 PM   #13
Zalamander
User

Zalamander has little to show at this moment (4)

Yes I have seen that issue before, unfortunatly it has nothing to do with AMAI and is nothing we can solve :/ since we can only control what th computer build and use 'not' how they use it like micromanegement and such things, its a hardcoded problem Blizzard have to solve by patching the game.
Old 07-24-2003, 12:32 AM   #14
toochaos
User

toochaos has little to show at this moment (0)

that sucks o well i hope blizzard relizes that they should look into hiring u guys to produce a retail AI it would rock
Old 07-28-2003, 07:18 PM   #15
juju
User

juju has little to show at this moment (0)

I was playing a teammatch (2 vs 2 ) and my partner has not doing anything..He was in his base and when i ask him to change his strategy in version 1.5 Release 1 ,he does only nothing...
In the same way , when i asked him to create 2 towers, he had made nothing .

Have you ideas of what bug it could be ?The computer looks like to ignore orders and does not creep or attak ennemy .

juju.
Closed Thread