wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Hosted Projects > AMAI
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2004, 01:09 AM   #1
AIAndy
User

Respected User

AIAndy is on a distinguished road (21)

Please post questions that you think should be answered in a FAQ for AMAI.
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 10-16-2004, 04:42 AM   #2
FieldMedic
User

FieldMedic has little to show at this moment (0)

It is already suggested on the readme file, and is just common sense, but as i understood that people mostly never read or do not think about what they are doing, as i had to explain this to some people i suggested to try AMAI

So i guess it should be mentionned in the FAQ, even if it is in the readme.
Of course the wording can differ.

Can i play in Battlenet after having installed AMAI ?
Yes, but be sure to use a subfolder installation to have the default unaltered maps to play on Battlenet and in the subfolder you can have the same maps but with AMAI in them.

I installed AMAI and i can't play in battlenet , why ?
You didn't used the subfolder installation suggested in the readme.

What is that subfolder thing you are talking about.
How about reading the readme file ?
To install AMAI properly and not breaking your battlenet experience :
Create a subfolder in your "maps" folder like "maps\AMAI" and -copy- the maps you intend to use AMAI with there, then start the installer "AMAI.exe".
After the installation of AMAI, on your "maps" folder all the maps will remain unaltered (and so not breaking your battlenet) and in the "maps\AMAI" subfolder you will have the same maps, but altered to support AMAI .
Old 01-31-2005, 10:39 AM   #3
totoffe

How do we install AMAI on a MAC?
I didn't understand the operation to be done, ie: use an MPQ editor to add AMAI to any map?! What does it mean?

Old 02-01-2005, 07:31 AM   #4
AIAndy
User

Respected User

AIAndy is on a distinguished road (21)

Maps are archives (similar to e.g. zip). Files added there are used by Warcraft instead of the normal ones.
So what you need is a program that can access MPQs on a mac (There should be one on http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Tools ).
Then add the scripts in the Scripts\TFT subfolder of AMAI (or Scripts\RoC for RoC) to the map that should use AMAI with that program. They should be in a Scripts subfolder of the map too. So common.ai goes to Scripts\common.ai .
If you have a Windows computer at hand you can also use the AMAI installer on the Windows computer and copy the resulting maps to the mac.
Old 02-01-2005, 07:48 AM   #5
totoffe

Ok, now I understand.

Closed Thread