wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > General Development
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 02-15-2007, 02:02 AM   #1
famouspker49
Suck My Terrains!

Submissions (11)

famouspker49 will become famous soon enough (72)famouspker49 will become famous soon enough (72)famouspker49 will become famous soon enough (72)

Question Many Map Problems

i am trying to make a map and i am using a custom model that is supposed to fly in game and i have changed it in world editor but when i go ingame and then it is just on the ground like a ground unit... Next: I am trying to make the first 6 players on a team and the last 6 on a team but when i change it and go into the map i can only see one team member's vision...Lastly.. i hope... i am using a custom model for the Orc team's great hall and i place the starting position on the hall but when i start the game all the halls are random races and also my great hall starts out with another hall of another race with 5 of the worker units(usually humans) hopefully someone can help
famouspker49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 02-15-2007, 02:32 AM   #2
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

Delete the "Melee Initilization" trigger. I bet it will solve the last two problems.

As for the first problem, remove the imported file, re-import, change the paths correctly, save, and then change the model file of your unit. Here's a handy checklist for what to do after that:
  1. Does the unit have "flying" movment, or "hover"? It should be flying.
  2. What is the unit's fly-height? Anything under 100 usually won't be noticable
  3. Do you have any fly-height setting triggers on the map? If so, is it possible one of them is affecting this unit?
  4. Have you tried using this action?
    Trigger:
    Unit - Set Unit fly-height to 100.00 at 0.00
I'm sure that will fix your problems.
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Pyrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 11:04 PM   #3
famouspker49
Suck My Terrains!

Submissions (11)

famouspker49 will become famous soon enough (72)famouspker49 will become famous soon enough (72)famouspker49 will become famous soon enough (72)

ya thanks didn't have unit set to fly and so when iI start the game if I am just testing only my base appears is this what is supposed to happen but otherwise it fixed all the other problems thank you but i am having trouble with setting an ability because i am using it to attach a weapon but i want it to also be rain of fire and i have looked at the tutorial for attaching weapons but i want it to be a hero ability with the rain of fire effects but it is not working

Last edited by famouspker49 : 02-15-2007 at 11:38 PM.
famouspker49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 02:34 AM   #4
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by famouspker49
ya thanks didn't have unit set to fly and so when iI start the game if I am just testing only my base appears is this what is supposed to happen but otherwise it fixed all the other problems thank you but i am having trouble with setting an ability because i am using it to attach a weapon but i want it to also be rain of fire and i have looked at the tutorial for attaching weapons but i want it to be a hero ability with the rain of fire effects but it is not working
Can you explain in English with punctuation? I honestly don't understand where one though finishes and one begins. Is the Rain of Fire effect related to the flying unit?

Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Pyrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote