wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Project Discussion > Map Testing
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 02:46 AM   #136
WTFish
User

WTFish is on a distinguished road (22)

You can target the ground outside of your visible sight, or click on ground in front of your unit in the direction you think they are, but you can't directly click on their unit if you can't see them. I spose as long as the maphacker just didn't select any units they shouldn't be able to see, and didn't issue attack commands at units as well, they could do it undetected. Sucks lol. Spose could just use banlist or something lol.
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 11-21-2006, 03:04 AM   #137
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

Quote:
...but you can't directly click on their unit if you can't see them.
Ever tried Precision?
You target a point, not a unit.

And yeah, hacking does suck. :(
Old 11-21-2006, 04:17 AM   #138
WTFish
User

WTFish is on a distinguished road (22)

I don't mean the ability, like attack or left click or something. Not talking about specifically detecting maphacking from casting precision on someone who is outside of your view. Like selecting them or using attack. Anyway, can't blizzard detect map hacking?
Old 11-21-2006, 01:57 PM   #139
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

They do it for ladder matches.
But they do it through BNet, not something we can just take and use for ourselves.
Old 11-21-2006, 04:18 PM   #140
Nasrudin
User

Respected User

Submissions (31)

Nasrudin is just really nice (327)Nasrudin is just really nice (327)Nasrudin is just really nice (327)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasrudin
You may want to remove the invulnerability effect from ravens claw Dusk. The two ultimates makes Mutuo already powerful enough, he doesn't need ALSO the ability to deal massive damage and being invincible in the meanwhile.

When I posted this I was just out of a game where Mutuo raped all of our ground heroes.
Scenario: Late game (everyone lvl 21) Mutuo and Chappy are pushing against me (janise) and the frost archer. Mutuo use ravens claw on one hero; for several seconds he can't be targeted due to the invulnerability effect. Now the hero is badly damaged and run to the fountain. A couple of seconds later the towers start attacking Mutuo. He turn on his second ultimate. When he's at 1/4 of healt he turn on the invulnerability effect. About 3 seconds later the heroes are dead, he run away. - Note that during the whole push, the chaplain didn't bother to enter the base.
That happened several times, on both expansions. Sometimes he managed to escape, sometimes I could chase and kill him, but either way we still lost one or more heroes in a SINGLE run.
Old 11-21-2006, 04:59 PM   #141
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Quote:
Mutuo use ravens claw on one hero; for several seconds he can't be targeted due to the invulnerability effect
That doesn't sound normal.
The invulnerability from Raven Claw is 2 seconds per jump, and only lasts "several seconds" if he can manage to chain it amongst all units.
Old 11-21-2006, 06:35 PM   #142
Nasrudin
User

Respected User

Submissions (31)

Nasrudin is just really nice (327)Nasrudin is just really nice (327)Nasrudin is just really nice (327)

Every time he was able to do at least 3-4 jumps, mostly on the hired heroes (wich were attacking the halloweed units and so they weren't moving). In the meanwhile no tower, units or spell was fast enough to harm him. 2 seconds cover the whole jump time.
Old 11-22-2006, 02:01 AM   #143
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

That's a valid point indeed, but killing him as he flies would be catastrophic mechanic-wise.
So as much as I'd like to, I can't without changing the spell to a new one or causing more bugs than there already are.

Actually though --
Generally when Raven Claw targets a unit with the auto-jumps, it locks onto that unit until it leaves range.
I did that such that it could be an effective chaser...

Now looking back, I could totally randomize it everytime:
That way he could jump further into a base sealing his fate, he could jump and miss more often, etc.
Would that work?
Old 11-22-2006, 03:59 PM   #144
Nasrudin
User

Respected User

Submissions (31)

Well, better than the current state I guess. Too bad that the invulnerability effect can't be removed. :\

(I have the feeling that he would still be able to kill one or two heroes combining the two ultimates, but I can't test that in singleplayer and don't have the time to play online anymore).
Old 11-22-2006, 07:41 PM   #145
Deathlust
User

Deathlust has little to show at this moment (1)

Send a message via AIM to Deathlust

Teehee, killing a full HP Kharn while he creeps is fun with Precision (He takes a decent amount of time to remove 3-4 creeps and idles not knowing his death lurks up above
Old 11-22-2006, 08:02 PM   #146
st33m
User

Submissions (1)

st33m is on a distinguished road (22)

Send a message via MSN to st33m

Couldnt you make it so that while hes in Raven Claw form his HP cant drop below 0? That way he cant die while in it, but he also can be engaged in combat.
Old 11-23-2006, 04:03 AM   #147
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Quote:
Couldnt you make it so that while hes in Raven Claw form his HP cant drop below 0?

Well sure, but I'd prefer to not run timers haphazardly.
There's already enough going on to promote lagfests, the less I add to it the better.
I think the fully randomized target-selection for RC will balance it plenty.
Old 11-23-2006, 04:35 AM   #148
st33m
User

Submissions (1)

st33m is on a distinguished road (22)

Send a message via MSN to st33m

Okee.
Old 11-23-2006, 03:01 PM   #149
elementis90
User

elementis90 has little to show at this moment (9)

Maybe make him targetable by ranged attacks and spells? After all they aren't affected when something is in the air or not. :D Wouldn't be perfect, but a bit better.

Armageddon's Wake Progress:
Terrain: ||||||||||
Triggers:||||||||||
Balance:||||||||||
Pretty Stuff:| |||||||||

Heroes done: 1/10
Old 11-25-2006, 02:02 AM   #150
Toink
User

Submissions (3)

Toink is on a distinguished road (17)

Send a message via Yahoo to Toink

Nice map, I really liked that Transmundane. His ulti rapes when the Hero is immobile. 150 damage with 16 floating bodies, 150x16= 2400 damage. Retardedly powerful, I had so much fun with him.
Closed Thread