wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Ghost Forums > Map Database
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 12-10-2008, 05:40 PM   #166
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

Only TopWolf has given it an official approval, but SoL said that it deserved an approval without actually giving it an approval (Not sure what that means). Outside of that, yes, it needs an admin approval as well.

I did fix the imbalancedness of the skeletal archer hero you had problems with before.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:47 AM   #167
SeasonsOfLove
A Nitpicky Map Reviewer

Official Map Reviewer

SeasonsOfLove will become famous soon enough (44)SeasonsOfLove will become famous soon enough (44)

[Quicksilver #2] - 2nd Place

Send a message via AIM to SeasonsOfLove

To give an answer to Dusk: It probably deserves an approval based on the quality of work I had seen in the beta and the quality I have seen in the past with your maps and the improvement this map has shown since beta. I have not had a chance to test this map or any others in a long time, which is why I can't officially approve it.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:52 AM   #168
darkwulfv
Alpha Male of Wc3c

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (6)

darkwulfv is just really nice (270)darkwulfv is just really nice (270)

Send a message via AIM to darkwulfv

I'm in the same boat as SoL. I know for a fact, just from what I've seen of Dusko's work that this is almost certainly approvable. I just haven't had the time to test it well... And for some reason I feel intimidated by it. Hmm.
a dota like map but with unique stuff
(There was no map attached, and that was all the thread said.)
Spells I've Made

Darkwulfv's Lightning Grapple || Tritanis' Lazy Bolt

darkwulfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 04:03 PM   #169
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

That makes more sense now SoL.

I would prefer to not have my reputation precede me in this case, though. I certainly would rather my work speak for itself as opposed to my speaking for it. Don't just approve it or assume it's approveable because I'm me. :p
Old 12-29-2008, 03:56 AM   #170
SeasonsOfLove
A Nitpicky Map Reviewer

Official Map Reviewer

SeasonsOfLove will become famous soon enough (44)SeasonsOfLove will become famous soon enough (44)

[Quicksilver #2] - 2nd Place

Send a message via AIM to SeasonsOfLove

This map is approved.

Pros:
  • Amazingly well put-together, overall
  • Skills are well-made and graphically sound
  • Terrain is simple enough to understand, but also very well-made and appropriate for the map
  • Sufficient choices for money use, unlike many other AoSes (DotA, for example) which are equally important - Items are useful to a point, but so are spawns, and it seems that choosing between them is an important strategic choice.
  • The most important one: This map is just plain fun to play

Cons:
  • A few bugs/kinks to work out, but nothing major.
  • Once a lead is taken, it is quite hard to fight back. Nothing new from normal AoSes, though.
Old 12-29-2008, 06:02 PM   #171
Kwah
Christmassy.

Submissions (4)

Kwah will become famous soon enough (43)Kwah will become famous soon enough (43)

As a balance point, in 1v1 games the players have a huge a amount of gold.

I was playing the Ward Summoner against my brother on LAN (Fire Caster), and despite the fact that I was constantly running potions to and from me base with an owl, I had 18K gold before my front towers were gone.

We were playing without spawns though, but 18k seems like rather a lot.
Kwah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 06:14 PM   #172
Sabertooth_X
YOU GET ROCKED?

Submissions (14)

Sabertooth_X will become famous soon enough (54)Sabertooth_X will become famous soon enough (54)

That's because the less the amount of players on the team, the more money each player gets/starts out with. So yea, in a 1v1 that makes sense.
Old 12-29-2008, 06:29 PM   #173
Kwah
Christmassy.

Submissions (4)

Kwah will become famous soon enough (43)Kwah will become famous soon enough (43)

I know, but I think that there should be some compensation for that fact.
Kwah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 07:39 PM   #174
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Compensation? Doesn't it make sense? You start with a lot, you can either pimp your hero or go right to hiring units. A hired push on the first creep wave is a fairly significant thing, you know, especially in 1v1 where you can't cover every lane at once.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeasonsOfLove
Once a lead is taken, it is quite hard to fight back. Nothing new from normal AoSes, though.
It is tough by design, otherwise the game would never end. Realistically, though, it is possible -- that to me is what matters. It only snowballs in the sense of crappy players continuing to do crappy and good players continuing to do good. :p

Oh, and apparently this only needs an admin approval. It has like 4 staff member approvals already.

Last edited by Rising_Dusk : 12-29-2008 at 07:45 PM.
Rising_Dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:01 PM   #175
rulerofiron99
User

rulerofiron99 will become famous soon enough (61)rulerofiron99 will become famous soon enough (61)rulerofiron99 will become famous soon enough (61)

Now if only this map was 200 kb...
rulerofiron99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:08 PM   #176
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

It's map size is fairly legitimate. That I've got so many imports down to 2mb makes me happy. :)
Old 01-26-2009, 11:49 PM   #177
rulerofiron99
User

rulerofiron99 will become famous soon enough (61)rulerofiron99 will become famous soon enough (61)rulerofiron99 will become famous soon enough (61)

I know. However, where I stay the average internet connection isn't that great - and for me to host a map that everyone will have to download (a download that is at least a few minutes) - it doesn't work very nicely. That, and the local server I play on is completely flooded with DotA.

I'd love to play this map the way it is intended (with 11 other people), but not with the 2-4 second delay I'll get on official servers.

Any chance of you making a decent AoS without more bloodmage and malfurion skins in the near future?
Old 01-27-2009, 01:01 AM   #178
Joker
User

Joker will become famous soon enough (32)Joker will become famous soon enough (32)

He is working on a Dungeon map (Obsidian Depths) now.
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 01:18 AM   #179
rulerofiron99
User

Yes, I've played that. A good one.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:09 PM   #180
Oxygen.
User

Oxygen. has little to show at this moment (0)

I approve.

EDIT: Because pictures say more than words ( or text, in this case! )

I can't wait for the next version; I have a feeling that Janīse will be very, VERY appealing.

EDIT2: I have to disagree with the latter cons; by lead, though, do you mean an outpost down? You have to realize that they're just as important as the main base. If there wasn't a snowball when an outpost died, what would be the purpose of doing them? Why not just focus the middle lane?

Last edited by Oxygen. : 01-28-2009 at 09:12 PM.
Oxygen. is offline   Reply With Quote