wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Concept Art / Fan Art
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 05-26-2008, 08:15 AM   #91
Archian
Dark & Ominous

Project Leader: LoC

Submissions (27)

Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurjuus
And Archian, I see a problem with the front foot/whole leg of your arthas: First it's not in erspective and second it should be turned more towards the viewer. You also modeled the foot a bit wrong but that's also a perspective issue. Looky at this http://hosted.planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/ral-jiktar/warcraft/scan0005.jpg
Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it :)
What you say is true. I'll adjust a few things.
Archian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 05-27-2008, 02:42 PM   #92
Gorman
.▲▼▲&#9

Submissions (2)

Gorman will become famous soon enough (70)Gorman will become famous soon enough (70)Gorman will become famous soon enough (70)

Send a message via MSN to Gorman

Erwt, that shiz is baddass now, getting Arthas to look like hes crazy

pretty sure ur perspective is messed up tho, but i cant realy tell from the sketchyness. (unless hes on a hill)

Blizzard is messing with poor Arthy, i bet all his minions go up to him and go "if ur hands bigger then ur face u got cancer" and then he is like "*sad face*" and then kills them.
Hes like a freakin brick..... wow is on crack.....
Old 05-29-2008, 08:06 AM   #93
AnemicRoyalty

Texturing Moderator
Project Member: WotTH

Submissions (23)

AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)

Skinning Contest #14 WinnerSkinning Contest #15 WinnerHero Contest #2 - 1st Place

ohh, hey Archian? just noticed that the skull on his shoulderpad is facing too much to the front as compared to the rest of the pauldron.

and i know you don't want to shrink his hands any further, but just consider he's gotta be able to fit both of em on the grip :P
AnemicRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 10:47 AM   #94
Candy_Warlock
Hottie

Submissions (3)

Candy_Warlock is a jewel in the rough (215)Candy_Warlock is a jewel in the rough (215)Candy_Warlock is a jewel in the rough (215)Candy_Warlock is a jewel in the rough (215)

Concept art session 2 - Battledroids

Really like where your submission is going Erwt. I really prefer the second concept. A potential winner I'd say, if you get to finish it.

I think you should distort the perspective even further and curve it around the edges to go with the blizzard and casket in the center. I'm also assuming you'll be drawing broken crystal shards all over the place. You could maybe use the reflective face of one of them and show something say Muradin's corpse or something else. About Muradin, I think his corpse should be smaller and moved a bit more to the center or/and have more neutral colors on him that blend a bit more with the background so he doesn't detract attention. The book could also be lain the other side with pages flying off. You should also consider that it might detract attention. Lastly, is that frostbite on his gloves as he approaches Frostmourne? Awesome. One thing that bugs me is that his eyes are on the skull and so are his hand but shouldn't it naturally gravitate towards the hilt? But I already like how both are placed so.... yeah.
Old 06-11-2008, 02:23 PM   #95
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)

Skinning Contest 7 ~ Were-AnimalsConcept art session 3 - Dungeon

feeble progress...
Old 06-11-2008, 02:52 PM   #96
SeruK
I'm the One

Project Member: WotTH

Submissions (8)

SeruK has a spectacular aura about (105)SeruK has a spectacular aura about (105)SeruK has a spectacular aura about (105)SeruK has a spectacular aura about (105)

Send a message via MSN to SeruK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitarf
Actualy, it wasn't the sword that killed Muradin, but the shards of the sword's icy prison flying in all directions. The sword just flew up into the air and landed into the ground next to Arthas.

That's why I found Erwt's sketch rather funny, in the ingame animation he just reaches nonchalantly for the blade with one hand before the animation ends, looking all cool, and Erwt's sketch of him struggling with both hands is a rather funny continuation of that, even though that probably wasn't Erwt's intention.
Haha, you're right. Sorry.

Last edited by SeruK : 06-11-2008 at 02:52 PM.
SeruK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 03:11 PM   #97
icbm1987
Lost Knight

Concept Art Moderator

Submissions (2)

icbm1987 has a spectacular aura about (110)icbm1987 has a spectacular aura about (110)icbm1987 has a spectacular aura about (110)icbm1987 has a spectacular aura about (110)

Concept art session 5 - Super Villains

Send a message via AIM to icbm1987 Send a message via MSN to icbm1987

Erwt, I love where your submission be goin...

One thing though...

That expression screams Constipation. Then again, Arthas did have a pretty huge stick up his ass... :P

Lost upon the winds of time...

Searching... for his lost Lord.
icbm1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 04:16 PM   #98
Dionesiist
User

Submissions (34)

Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)

Is it too late to declare my love for Erwt's awesome skills?
Old 06-14-2008, 05:28 PM   #99
THE_END
THE_Legion General

Project Member: PoC

Submissions (17)

THE_END is just really nice (390)THE_END is just really nice (390)THE_END is just really nice (390)THE_END is just really nice (390)THE_END is just really nice (390)THE_END is just really nice (390)

Hero Contest #3 - 3rd PlaceSkinning Contest 10 ~ Druid of the talon

Send a message via AIM to THE_END Send a message via MSN to THE_END

Maybe you should make it a evil grin of some sort, not as if he's scared, but his madness has taken over him and he knows he is about to gain power, hence an evil grin..?
Old 06-14-2008, 05:41 PM   #100
TotallyAwesome
User

Project Member: TBR

Submissions (7)

TotallyAwesome is a jewel in the rough (164)TotallyAwesome is a jewel in the rough (164)

Send a message via ICQ to TotallyAwesome Send a message via AIM to TotallyAwesome Send a message via MSN to TotallyAwesome Send a message via Yahoo to TotallyAwesome

He doesn't look scared, he looks like "I MUST PICK THIS BLADE, I MUST!"
Old 06-14-2008, 06:11 PM   #101
Dionesiist
User

Submissions (34)

Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)

He's as insane as you can get him. Even though I do say his chin is pretty broad.
Old 06-14-2008, 06:54 PM   #102
emjlr3
Rehabbing

Submissions (14)

emjlr3 is a jewel in the rough (151)emjlr3 is a jewel in the rough (151)

Mapping Contest First Place

Send a message via AIM to emjlr3 Send a message via MSN to emjlr3

his eyes looked scared to me, where his mouth makes me think Arnold going - eeaaagggghhhhhh (however you would spell that)

i dont like the angle his chin is at

a suggestion - his left hand - which looks as though is pulling him forward - should put like clawing marks on the ground/dirt as though that were actually happening
Old 06-14-2008, 11:05 PM   #103
Ikum-bokum
User

Submissions (4)

Ikum-bokum will become famous soon enough (60)Ikum-bokum will become famous soon enough (60)Ikum-bokum will become famous soon enough (60)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_END
Maybe you should make it a evil grin of some sort, not as if he's scared, but his madness has taken over him and he knows he is about to gain power, hence an evil grin..?

Grin would be wrong actually. As you might remember at this time he was saying a prayer, that he would do anything to rid his people of the undead. He must have had a serious expression. A serious, tired expression (closed mouth preferably) with the look of a madman in his eye.

Perhaps that would be a better approach, erwt.

Last edited by Ikum-bokum : 06-14-2008 at 11:06 PM.
Ikum-bokum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 11:09 PM   #104
Kurjuus
User

Submissions (8)

Kurjuus will become famous soon enough (32)Kurjuus will become famous soon enough (32)

I think he actually looks like he was pissed off while being veery tired. Rather give him some mad look by letting him either grin with his mouth only (eyes still wide open) or make his mouth just a bit open with the corners turned down. Nothing too exaggerated, even if you want to ahve this very cartoonish look. Also make the brows cover the eyes a bit for killing the "tired-look".

The chin is btw indeed too broad for arthas. Just look at the wc3 CD case cover.
Old 06-15-2008, 12:22 AM   #105
Zapp90
User

Submissions (6)

Zapp90 will become famous soon enough (34)Zapp90 will become famous soon enough (34)

I personally think that the eyes kicks ass.

The mouth is still wrong though... I can't give any good suggestions unfortunately.

Go, erwt, GO!
Zapp90 is offline   Reply With Quote