wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Code Resources > Systems
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 08-13-2008, 03:20 PM   #226
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

Well, it is possible to have something like spell events without its issues, a textmacro is one way though it is a little ugly, another way would be to do something with code or function interfaces.
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Vexorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 09-11-2008, 01:45 PM   #227
Leopard
Banned

Submissions (6)

Leopard seems to be the reincarnation of TerranUp16 (-100)Leopard seems to be the reincarnation of TerranUp16 (-100)Leopard seems to be the reincarnation of TerranUp16 (-100)Leopard seems to be the reincarnation of TerranUp16 (-100)

Send a message via Yahoo to Leopard

Hix..Master Vex..Apocalypse.
I have just finished my map yesterday..after one month of hard work. I nearly did not slepp at nights.
Well..my mapo is an AOS with about 32 custom heroes..Mainly spells use Caster System. well, not too complicated...order thi dummy to cast a spell here and there, some mass spells, some use NewTimer and then Release timer.
And...all groups, effects, locations are removed as they should be.

Well... i was eager to test my map, btw.. its the Extreme candy war..im modding it....after about 10 minutes...THE MAP KICKED ME OUT with this line:
Not enough storage to process engine/build/Jass2Instance.

Hu hu.. my computer is quite strong.. my triggers are fine...then.whats the problem? Is that come from the Caster System.???
I also use a trick by Emilj to check handles...

Both my map and the Candy war have about 1000 at start and keep increasing as the game progress... (I wonder why a map from Blizzard is so ugly in code? But i check it thoroughly and do not find out any leak???)

Hope that you know what is my problem...
Love you.
Leopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 02:51 PM   #228
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

It could be anything, really, can't guess without knowing exactly what's in there, and the versions, etc.
Faster != more useful
Old 09-23-2008, 01:27 PM   #229
waaaks
User

waaaks is on a distinguished road (12)

does spell events works correctly?
i used spell events in most of my triggered spells in my old map, and i have lots of triggered spells, like 3 triggered spells for each heroes

i optimized the map using vex's map optimizer, and then tested it online (garena), and we get disconnected every time the game has started, like when a player picks a hero and starts to learn a spell, i searched for errors in my codes, but havent found any, thats why i suspected spell events, while in this new map of mine, im not using caster system anymore instead using xe system, and all works fine
Old 01-22-2009, 01:09 PM   #230
youkaiz
User

youkaiz has little to show at this moment (0)

Send a message via ICQ to youkaiz Send a message via AIM to youkaiz Send a message via MSN to youkaiz Send a message via Yahoo to youkaiz

Hi

Can something crash project models? I Having some problens my map don't show missile models, only deals damage.

I have ABC, TT, PUI and TimedLithing on map this can affect project models?

You recomend don't use OnAbilittyEffect()?
(I realy like this function, if i use this so many times what can happen?)

I see now the XE sistem, i will remove caster system here and starting to learn how to use XE.

Last edited by youkaiz : 01-23-2009 at 11:22 AM.
youkaiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 12:14 AM   #231
xombie
Banned

xombie has a spectacular aura about (79)xombie has a spectacular aura about (79)xombie has a spectacular aura about (79)

Bah. This was a huge flame at Loeprad (spelled wrong intentionally) though it is off-topic, so I will save his skin. By the way, if someone were to actually flame this guy, would he get bad rep for breaking forum rules? I mean... this guy is... s####d.

Last edited by xombie : 03-11-2009 at 12:25 AM.
xombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 03:37 AM   #232
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

Unnecessary post much, eh Xombie?
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Pyrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:13 PM   #233
xombie
Banned

xombie has a spectacular aura about (79)xombie has a spectacular aura about (79)xombie has a spectacular aura about (79)

Yea, that was pretty un-necessary, but how the heck is Vexorian supposed to help him when his approach is:

"My code is perfect in every way/shape/form so the first thing I'm going to do is blame your code. Now fix my problem with absolutely no information regarding the problem other than a message."

No more off-topic!

Last edited by xombie : 03-11-2009 at 04:13 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:58 PM   #234
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

CS has so many problems that Leopard's post could be right.
Faster != more useful
Old 03-11-2009, 10:31 PM   #235
xombie
Banned

Even so his mentality is ridiculous. To add to that he seems to be incapable of actually discussing something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopard
Well... i was eager to test my map, btw.. its the Extreme candy war..im modding it....after about 10 minutes...THE MAP KICKED ME OUT with this line:
Not enough storage to process engine/build/Jass2Instance.

Hu hu.. my computer is quite strong.. my triggers are fine...then.whats the problem? Is that come from the Caster System.???

Both my map and the Candy war have about 1000 at start and keep increasing as the game progress... (I wonder why a map from Blizzard is so ugly in code? But i check it thoroughly and do not find out any leak???)

"Both my map and the Candy war have about 1000 at start"

He doesn't take the necessary time to convey an entire thought, he doesn't even say what he has 1000 of. Handles? Units? etc.

"I also use a trick by Emilj to check handles..."

This is completely useless information.

I'm going to stop ranting. This is too off-topic! Damn you Vexorian for provoking my childish dislike towards him for less-than-sufficient reasons.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:37 AM   #236
akolyt0r
In Flames

Submissions (3)

akolyt0r has a spectacular aura about (120)

Quote:

Both my map and the Candy war have about 1000 at start and keep increasing as the game progress.

Maybe he meant handles ? *cough*

Last edited by akolyt0r : 03-12-2009 at 12:38 AM.
akolyt0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:42 AM   #237
Fledermaus
default string

Submissions (1)

Fledermaus is a jewel in the rough (194)Fledermaus is a jewel in the rough (194)Fledermaus is a jewel in the rough (194)

Send a message via MSN to Fledermaus

Sounds like a troll to me.
Fledermaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 10:37 PM   #238
Komaqtion
User

Komaqtion is on a distinguished road (10)

Send a message via MSN to Komaqtion

Hi!
I'm sorry if some1 already has pointed this out but,( there are a couple of pages to look through XD ) this system seems to conflict with TimerUtils. i just simply import this system to my map, which already has timer utils and ofcourse i can't save. both of your systems has the function NewTimer. is there anything i can do ?
Komaqtion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 08:04 AM   #239
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

Yes, Komaqtion. Remove CSSafety from the map and the conflict with TimerUtils should disappear.
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Pyrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:34 PM   #240
Komaqtion
User

Komaqtion is on a distinguished road (10)

Send a message via MSN to Komaqtion

But don't i need CSSafety for the system to work ?
Komaqtion is offline   Reply With Quote