wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Concept Art / Fan Art
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 12:35 AM   #1
troy_eisert

Hello,

I am currently looking for some concept artists and 3D modellers for a game I'm designing. We have a great(but small) team so far. We have me and 2 other designers. Then one Concept Artist. We are just in the design stage and we don't have the design document done yet. It should be done this weekend. So if you want to learn something about the game then please email me. Just to let you know it is going to be in the Fantasy/Medievil time period.

Jobs
We are looking for people to do the following Jobs:

Concept Artists- Concept Artists will be in charge of drawing concepts for the modellers. They will draw Items, Characters, Buildings, Creatures etc. May also do Webpage Art.

3D Modellers/Animators - The 3D modellers and Animators will be in charge of creating the graphics fo the game. They will create all the things the Concept Artists draw.

2D Artists - The 2D Artists will bein charge of Texturing and the Interface of the game. They will also be in Charge of doing Webpage Art along with the Concept Artists.

None of these are paying jobs. But if you stay with us until release, and any money is made. Every Team member will get their share..

If you are interested in any of the Jobs or would like to find out more about the game then please contact me at troyeisert@gmail.com

Or you can just post here.

-Troy Eisert

Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 01-20-2005, 02:38 AM   #2
Saboera
User

Saboera is on a distinguished road (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy_eisert
Hello,

I am currently looking for some concept artists and 3D modellers for a game I'm designing. We have a great(but small) team so far. We have me and 2 other designers. Then one Concept Artist. We are just in the design stage and we don't have the design document done yet. It should be done this weekend. So if you want to learn something about the game then please email me. Just to let you know it is going to be in the Fantasy/Medievil time period.

Jobs
We are looking for people to do the following Jobs:

Concept Artists- Concept Artists will be in charge of drawing concepts for the modellers. They will draw Items, Characters, Buildings, Creatures etc. May also do Webpage Art.

3D Modellers/Animators - The 3D modellers and Animators will be in charge of creating the graphics fo the game. They will create all the things the Concept Artists draw.

2D Artists - The 2D Artists will bein charge of Texturing and the Interface of the game. They will also be in Charge of doing Webpage Art along with the Concept Artists.

None of these are paying jobs. But if you stay with us until release, and any money is made. Every Team member will get their share..

If you are interested in any of the Jobs or would like to find out more about the game then please contact me at troyeisert@gmail.com

Or you can just post here.

-Troy Eisert

could you post more information in here?

just a quick description of what you actualy do with your team
Old 01-20-2005, 02:57 AM   #3
Beam
intoxicated

Respected User

Submissions (4)

Beam has a spectacular aura about (81)Beam has a spectacular aura about (81)Beam has a spectacular aura about (81)

not to bash you or your effort or anything, but what's your incentive for us helping you? if you look at it logically, no one is really going just offer up hours of his time helping someone he doesn't know at all for no pay. sure we do it here, what with all these projects/campaigns people are always making, but if you look at the success rate, almost zero. what you're doing sounds like a serious/professional project, and so you should treat the people you work with seriously/professionally, and that means paying them.

if you're looking for a place where people are willing to work on projects without pay, then I suggest trying this link. also, not to put anyone on the spot, but most of the people who post here (including me) are no where near professionalism. i think most of us are still going to high school. if you really want a successful project, then hooking up with people who know how the industry works will definately help. the link i gave is pretty much as professional as you can get on the web.
Old 01-20-2005, 03:17 AM   #4
troy_eisert

thanks for the link.

I'll post up some information about this game when I have more time.

Old 01-20-2005, 06:02 PM   #5
Saboera
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormskull
i wanna contribute in the concept artist part here. and no i dont want dirt money, i only want sweet love. i wouldnt mind doing a bunch of drawings, having an occasion in the first place is great.

hey dont go too fast.. let him post information we never know what that project might be, what if it was a Dbz game? (you hate that dont you?)
Old 01-20-2005, 09:49 PM   #6
Candy_Warlock
Hottie

Submissions (3)

Candy_Warlock is a jewel in the rough (215)Candy_Warlock is a jewel in the rough (215)Candy_Warlock is a jewel in the rough (215)Candy_Warlock is a jewel in the rough (215)

Concept art session 2 - Battledroids

OWNED im in too roar
Old 01-20-2005, 10:31 PM   #7
troy_eisert

Here is some information about the game:

Genre: MMORPG (Fantasy/Medieval)
Name: Not decided (for now we are just calling it PvP Isle)

I know there are lots of Fantasy/Medieval games out there, but we have some unique ideas. There will be 2 Factions which each own an Island. Then there is a Neutral Island which either Faction owns and theya re always fighting to take it over. In most mmorpgs the NPCs just sit around, giving quests. In this game they won't, The NPCs will constantly be going to fight the other factions. Sometimes the King/Leader might even go fight, and if he dies, he is dead for good. When this happens then players will have the chance to become the king for a period of time. They will have access to special areas and shops, no one else has. They will also get the bragging rights. This will only be open to higher level characters though. We haven't decided how they will become the king yet. And once the time period is over, the Prince will become the king. Those are a few of our ideas so far, there will be plenty more to come though.

Troy

troyeisert@gmail.com

Old 01-21-2005, 02:01 AM   #8
Saboera
User

and a second question from myself, what is it actually, warcraft map? or is it a game design of some kind that have absolutly nothing to see with any modding of some sort?

if it is a game design than what are the function of your team members?

Any programmers?

Progress?

All thoses question to actually know what we will use our time for... especially for free, i dont feel like creating concept if it is

a) a lame project that will be down in a month

b) if it is to get free drawings and sell that concept keeping the cash for you

c) a project with absolutly no organisation of any kind
Old 01-21-2005, 02:55 AM   #9
troy_eisert

This is going to be a game. We are working on the design right now, then once we are done the design we will make it into a game. We don't have any programmers yet, I am going to look for some once we get the design doc done, or almost finished at least.

We aren't selling the design. And if ANY money is made from the project then everyone who helped out in any way will get part of the money. Depending on how much work you did.

Old 01-21-2005, 04:03 AM   #10
Saboera
User

Quote:
This is going to be a game. We are working on the design right now, then once we are done the design we will make it into a game. We don't have any programmers yet, I am going to look for some once we get the design doc done, or almost finished at least.

We aren't selling the design. And if ANY money is made from the project then everyone who helped out in any way will get part of the money. Depending on how much work you did.

sounds good and fair enough, i could contribute with some concepts, im not the thop quality artist but im creative when i want
Old 01-21-2005, 04:17 AM   #11
troy_eisert

Ok that is great! Could you send me an email? Maybe some examples of work. And I need to know what you want to do Heroes,mobs,buildings,maps,cities etc. Tell me what your good at!

-Troy
troyeisert@gmail.com

Old 01-21-2005, 04:28 AM   #12
Saboera
User

Quote:
Ok that is great! Could you send me an email? Maybe some examples of work. And I need to know what you want to do Heroes,mobs,buildings,maps,cities etc. Tell me what your good at!

-Troy
troyeisert@gmail.com

hum do you have msn? i just.. hate email -_-'
sorry
example of some realatively recent workHERE
Old 01-21-2005, 04:37 AM   #13
troy_eisert

I did have MSN, but for some reason it won't work on my comp anymore so I have to use email....

hmmm.. I don't know if your drawings are as high quality as we need... Here I'll show you one of our concepts for a creature.

Old 01-21-2005, 04:50 AM   #14
Saboera
User

well in some way, the only way to actually communicate with me is via msn or this forum, i dont really know what to say of that concept well its quite ok, guess wormskull can help you if your looking for crazy anatomy muscles details hes the expert for now, personally im already on my own project of creation and i study in graphism so i have little time for another project but if there is a design that need some ''never seen before feeling'' i can help you by forcing myself to pump out some creaivity juice, im good at designing outfits and hairstyle, my bad points are muscles, shading and coloring but keep an eye on Wormskull

Edit: btw the first thing that come in my mind when i looked at that concep is: this is a imp
Old 01-21-2005, 04:53 AM   #15
troy_eisert

Lol I think it is an imp too :D but if you can't talk to me over email I don't think it will work anyway.......Unless you got an IRC chat program. Because I set up a channel

Closed Thread