wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Concept Art / Fan Art
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 12:20 AM   #1
Saboera
User

Saboera is on a distinguished road (10)

I came up with an idea everyone could possibly like, it would be fun to create OUR whole new world with creatures, cultures, religion, heroes, cartography, architectures, races, vegetation, environnement, history, ect... I dont know if this would interest all of you, basically it would be a giga load of drawings and story, everyone would design their own races/populations and their locations, some kind of New D&D made by ourselves without having the traditionnal things like human, elves, ect... We could even have our own role in that world. I know everyone have school or work to do but this would be slowly growing to the final result which would be impressive, no drawing talent restriction, everyone who want to participate is free to join, plz tell me your opinions.

Should go like this

Population
-Commoners*
-Army*
-Services*
-Heroes*
-Ect..

Race
-Look
-Characteristics
-Pros
-Cons
-Ect...

Culture-Society
-Manners
-Attitudes
-Laws
-Ect...

Religion(s)-God(s)
-Overal religion(s) Description(s)

Location-Taking a location on the map made by the cartographer
-Environnement
-Vegetation
-Ect...

Architecture
-Buildings Look
-Ect...

* = Optional according to the Society System

I will try to design mine as fast as i can, already working on drawings...

Last edited by Saboera : 09-30-2004 at 04:04 AM.
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 09-07-2004, 12:33 AM   #2
Moon_Lunatic
User

Respected User

Moon_Lunatic is on a distinguished road (10)

Interesting idea, I'll definatelly have to make my own race.
Old 09-07-2004, 12:36 AM   #3
Candy_Warlock
Hottie

Submissions (3)

Candy_Warlock is a jewel in the rough (215)Candy_Warlock is a jewel in the rough (215)Candy_Warlock is a jewel in the rough (215)Candy_Warlock is a jewel in the rough (215)

Concept art session 2 - Battledroids

This interesting but will need ALOT of organisation cuz people will come and put in their ideas which may be gay since they suck or alot of people disagree or dislike them. If this project gets alot of interest we should have a separate forum in which we can easly divide the subject matters.
Some subject cannot be illustrated but will need some good creative writing. This would really be nice but Ionno might be too far-fetched. :/
I hope it happens.

For a race... maybe sumthing human-like (like elves) and polytheism as religion with many god. Ionno wud it be fun to make a evil race??
Old 09-07-2004, 12:36 AM   #4
Hige
User

Hige is on a distinguished road (10)

meh me too ill start making mine in a bit or something
Old 09-07-2004, 12:42 AM   #5
icbm1987
Lost Knight

Concept Art Moderator

Submissions (2)

icbm1987 has a spectacular aura about (110)icbm1987 has a spectacular aura about (110)icbm1987 has a spectacular aura about (110)icbm1987 has a spectacular aura about (110)

Concept art session 5 - Super Villains

Send a message via AIM to icbm1987 Send a message via MSN to icbm1987

aha...

So there is interest...

We don't want this to die off like the Union mod...

Make a commitment here and you will be held to it.

Intriguing idea Carebear (no... you can't get away from that) Stickied due to interest of the masses.

There will be much thought... We need a Cartographer.

icbm1987

Lost upon the winds of time...

Searching... for his lost Lord.
Old 09-07-2004, 12:48 AM   #6
Saboera
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy_Warlock
This interesting but will need ALOT of organisation cuz people will come and put in their ideas which may be gay since they suck or alot of people disagree or dislike them. If this project gets alot of interest we should have a separate forum in which we can easly divide the subject matters.
Some subject cannot be illustrated but will need some good creative writing. This would really be nice but Ionno might be too far-fetched. :/
I hope it happens.

For a race... maybe sumthing human-like (like elves) and polytheism as religion with many god. Ionno wud it be fun to make a evil race??

I agree with you there, it will be hard to keep everyone in the track but all i want is that ppl respect the theme of fantasy, that mean no futuristic stuff,
Allowed
Melee Weapons
Bows
Really primitive guns
Martial Arts
Magic
Armors

Unallowed
Existing Races (human is allowed)
Existing School of Magic (not even element names)
Existing Gods
Existing Civillization (can be based on however)

If you want to interfere with an actual race made by another artist you will need to ask his permission, for stories i strongly suggest to make it with the other involving artists

For the Locations I would like only 1 artist (the carthographer) who should be good enough at drawing maps so he can create the world shape and/or dimensions then the artists shall take places on the map, first came, first served (and try to take a location that actually fit your population)

School of magic should be design by 1 artist who actually could get something interesting done here, that mean an element or theme for each kind of magic
Old 09-07-2004, 12:53 AM   #7
icbm1987
Lost Knight

Concept Art Moderator

Submissions (2)

icbm1987 has a spectacular aura about (110)icbm1987 has a spectacular aura about (110)icbm1987 has a spectacular aura about (110)icbm1987 has a spectacular aura about (110)

Concept art session 5 - Super Villains

Send a message via AIM to icbm1987 Send a message via MSN to icbm1987

Let's go with roughly earth size.

about the same landmass...

Get your races backgrounds done, just the basic shiznit... and then we'll see what kind of world we should create.

No existing deities? dang... no Cthulhu for us...

This is bloody well interesting...

I'm open for a blood feud between races... that history will be truly splendid... yes indeed.

icbm1987

Lost upon the winds of time...

Searching... for his lost Lord.
Old 09-07-2004, 12:54 AM   #8
Moon_Lunatic
User

Respected User

Hmmm, for the catographer, I think there should be some kind of audition or something to get the best. To assure quality for the maps.
Old 09-07-2004, 02:06 AM   #9
Hige
User

well here it is `Death, Candy, and I made this race we might add more or edit some stuff later when they are back on well here it is ((dont edit this icbm -.-))
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Naibsel Race
Population
-Manly army

Race
-Look all have blonde hair,lil swirl in eyes ((like al bhed)), Pointy ears like elves
-Characteristics Zealous for there order, lesbians
-Pros Good at marksman ship
-Cons most horrable at melee combat
-Ect... they are magical oriented creatues,

Culture-Society
-Manners extremely attracted to each other
-Attitudes Pretty nice
-Laws no bra and panty

Religion(s)-God(s)
-Overal religion(s) Description(s) Rikku is the prophetess for them ((little is know about the goddess))

-Environnement Jungle type land with warm tropical winds
-Vegetation perfect for about any thing
-Ect...

Architecture
-Buildings Tree house villagess very stable in the air
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 09-07-2004, 02:23 AM   #10
Saboera
User

Shadow Fury you need to be more creative here... its like a copy of final fantasy and Elfs characters, at least make some logic, how can your population reproduce if they are lesbians... plus its still a kid forum so whats up with the naked Rikkus with pointy ears? Some points are ok however but get rid of all the already seen ideas...

Elf = Master of bows that are poor in hand to hand with pointy ears (overtaken)
God= Rikku is a character From FF so no... it doesnt fit there, its basically the FF character with elfs attributes

its sound more like you are descibing a fantasm over the creation of a civillization, i said you could base yourself on stuff arleady made, not copy them
Old 09-07-2004, 02:32 AM   #11
Hige
User

i think the words your looking for is being less creative... instead of more... :\
Old 09-07-2004, 02:43 AM   #12
Shadow_Strike
Pokemon Trainer

Submissions (1)

Shadow_Strike is a jewel in the rough (168)Shadow_Strike is a jewel in the rough (168)

elves are excellent in everything! cept technology....
wel thats the generic war elf thing...

ill join i guess
ive already created my own demon race... history and stuff
Old 09-07-2004, 02:45 AM   #13
Saboera
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowFury-X
i think the words your looking for is being less creative... instead of more... :\
your post is nothing near creation its taking existing stuff... which mean its not creative and you need to be more creative to get something to work in this new world, now get serious will you or ill ask B to snipe your posts to get this clean.

To everyone, i will not tolerate stupidities, this is a serious project, any other stupid/copied civillisation will be snipe
Old 09-07-2004, 03:01 AM   #14
Moon_Lunatic
User

Respected User

Population
-Unlike most societies, women are called to arms when battle is imminent.
-The men like to dwell in their studies land are very technology oriented.
-There are more women than men, but men have a longer life span. Some of that is due to the face that women are the fighters.
-There is a 3/100 chance that a woman who can enchant will be born, enchanters help on the battle field and often turn the tides of war with their magical powers. Whether it be masking their army, or making the enemy lose all will to fight, they are highly regarded females.
-There is a 1/1000 chance that a man who can use psionics is born. Once he has been discovered he is immediately trained to become a psychic infiltrator and is used for a spy. There are about 10 in the entire nation at one time because of their great life spans.

Race
-The women are young and fierce looking, while the men are wise and intelligent looking.
-Most clothing they wear consists of very suttle colors such as navy blue, and maroon red.
-Vastly expanding technology. Since the fighters are women, they are naturally very organised in battle. Ranks are never split up and their moral never fails.
-They don't wear much armor at all, blacksmiths are rare and the warriors rely on abilities to parry and dodge. Their theory is, if their blades have reached where your armor would be, you have already failed in your training. Other than that, their society and technology is almost top notch.
-The main ruling counsil consists of men who write all of the laws and make jurisdictions.

Culture-Society
-The society is very serious, most serious is the women though. Some of the older men and women have a higher sense of humor than others.
-There isn't much need for law because everything is usually in order, the community is very serious and don't need to have laws.

Religion(s)-God(s)
-The men don't believe in any gods due to their theories and thoughts. Women however idolize Lessandra, a honorable figure in history.

-All of their cities lay close to the ocean and sometimes on islands.
-The primary food source is meat and fish.

Architecture
-Buildings are always tall and take the shape of swirling spires. The buildings themselves are white, but the ocean and air that surrounds their cities tints the buildings blue.
-The layout is very organized and created by men well known for their great architectual designs.

Last edited by Moon_Lunatic : 09-14-2004 at 05:17 AM.
Old 09-07-2004, 03:14 AM   #15
horusrogue
User

horusrogue has little to show at this moment (4)

Axrian Race [Liable to change][Because of misunderstanding]
Population >>? HUH!?

-Commoners?
-Army*?
-Services*?
-Heroes
An 800 year old Assasin Lord named Cavzor Doqvahrian, who is sustained in his young form by powerful runes.
-Ect..

Race
-Look:
Pale skinned
Dark Brown Haircolor
-Characteristics
Very cruel and emotionless
Sly, clever, and above all logical.
-Pros
Masters of Assasination and Close quarters battle. Masters of persuation and politics.(Perhaps throuhg assasination etc). Legendary Philosophers and Literary Figures
-Cons
Are terrible marksmen, with anythign more then a hand bound crossbow. Are liable to flee battle to regroup, meaning many lost battles when unity is a key issue.

Culture
-Society

Has three classes:
I. Lozar(ian), Including the emperor and his family, includes all nobles
II. Ipossirius, The middle class, merchants, artists, musicians...architects the latter and so forth..
III. The imperiatus, The peasants, rabble etc, including apprentices that make the entire system work like clockwork...

-Manners

Expressed vaguely in the 'Empirial Testament', chapter IV

-Attitudes

Racially Tolerant. Not of strongly religious one god peoples.
Moral Code is also written down...but not widely followed.
-Laws

See reference of Hamurabi's Code (Ancient Messopotamia)
Using that as a basis. Will create a definite list sometime.

Religion(s)
-God(s) Kworslaw (Major)
-Overal religion(s) Description(s)
The religion is based upon a system of religious philosophy, meaning the main god, Kworslaw, is the god of justice and logic. The god is reached through a logical existance, and the devotion of some time to philosophy..to cleanse the soul of its burden...
A confession is written on a scrap of parchemnt,a nd then burned at the sacred altar, ever two weeks, when the entire community congregates to witness 'Exploration of our mind's eye'

-Taking a location on the map made by the cartographer (Let me see map)
-Environnement (Build Messopotamian like buildings, meaning any terrian is conquerable)
-Vegetation (The main crop is wheat. ANy area that supports the plant type is acceptable)

Architecture
-Buildings Look (Look Gothic Cathedral like, towering, peasants live in wooden houses braced with cast iron, and surround a central plaza, housing the Kworslawskod, or the religious building)