wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Tutorials > Trigger (GUI)/ AI editor Tutorials
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 10-25-2004, 02:07 PM   #31
Kalvorod
User

Kalvorod has little to show at this moment (0)

Yeah, but what if you wanted more than one type of item. For example...

You can only have 1 weapon, 1 armor, 1 shield, 1 boots, 1 gloves, and 1 accessory.

You couldn't use permanant for all of them, so would you really have to make a trigger that checks all of your item slots for everysingle item?! I would hope not.

I'm trying to make a NotD game with only 1 weapon for each unit, and 1 armor, but friends are making open RPG's.

------
Night of the Dead- Kalvorod version

Done from scratch, not making reference to the NotD map, like I could hack the protect anyway...

Terrain-1%
Units 3%
Abilities 10%
Triggers 20%
Items 0%
Kalvorod is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 10-25-2004, 04:18 PM   #32
terradax
User

terradax has little to show at this moment (0)

yeah, i have already explained that.
simply change "(Item-class of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Permanent"
to "(Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to (Name of Item)".

Could also be used fo several weapons:

"Condition - or (any conditions are true)"
-"(Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to (Name of Item)"

But then you have to copy the integer HeroHasWeapon and name it HeroHasShield, HeroHasArmor and so on.

You will also have to copy the two triggers and rename them to Hero picks up shield, hero drops armor and so on. you understand if you have made triggers before.
terradax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 06:07 PM   #33
Rao Dao Zao
www.raodaozao.net

MDL & Resource Moderator

Submissions (27)

Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)

Approved Map: When the Freedom Slips Away

Send a message via MSN to Rao Dao Zao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalvorod
Yeah, but what if you wanted more than one type of item. For example...

You can only have 1 weapon, 1 armor, 1 shield, 1 boots, 1 gloves, and 1 accessory.

You couldn't use permanant for all of them, so would you really have to make a trigger that checks all of your item slots for everysingle item?! I would hope not.
You don't need to use permenant for all of them - you've got 7 item classes to choose from. All you need is to replicate the triggers and change names and concerned item classes. So you'd have, if you wanted to fill every slot, twelve triggers. To tidy up, you might make a single trigger for when you pick up an item, which then runs a specific trigger depending on class. But you can work that one out for yourself.
Old 10-27-2004, 10:40 AM   #34
MindWorX
Level 1 Neothelid

Tools Moderator

Submissions (2)

MindWorX has a spectacular aura about (147)

I've made a Weapon system, where you equip the weapon when you click the item, this means you can have 6 weapons in your inventory, but only equip one since it's based on what you want equipped, this way you can save weapons you find, and sell them later...

My way also allows different abilties tied to the weapon, EG.
- "50% Chance of level 1 Chain lightning on Attack"
- "100% Chance of frost nova on attack, but only half the chance when fighting Heroes"
- "100% chance of casting Purge, when fightning summons."

This one also shows up an icon instead of the normal attack icon.

If someone is interrested mail me at Miniworx(at)gmail.com
My MSN is Miniworx(at)hotmail.com

"(at)" = @ , (Spam and advetising protection)
MindWorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 06:10 PM   #35
Rao Dao Zao
www.raodaozao.net

MDL & Resource Moderator

Submissions (27)

Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)

Complex and messy, eh? Well, I'd hoped that my user-friendly language would explain it all away... Anyway, when you look at a finished system it isn't actually all that complex. It's just that I've explained most of it in great detail. I might post an example map later on.
Old 10-28-2004, 07:20 AM   #36
MindWorX
Level 1 Neothelid

Tools Moderator

Submissions (2)

Mine is done with a trigger loop insted of alot of triggers, which means i only have a trigger for un-equip, equip, and for setting variables, and it's not laggy.
Requirements for the system per weapon:
1 Item
2 abilities
2 actions in the set variable trigger.
A number change in the set variable trigger.

Mine also supports various other things like armors and amulets, and i can add as many different effects on the items, as there's empty slots in the control card...

Example maps are good... :D I'll post one when i get my internet back at home...
Old 10-28-2004, 06:10 PM   #37
Rao Dao Zao
www.raodaozao.net

MDL & Resource Moderator

Submissions (27)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindWorX
Example maps are good... :D I'll post one when i get my internet back at home...

Yes, please do. I'd be interested to see how your system works. If it's got any good bits, I'll steal them ;)
Old 10-29-2004, 06:58 AM   #38
MindWorX
Level 1 Neothelid

Tools Moderator

Submissions (2)

LOLZ! :D I've been told by all who have seen it, that it's good... :P So i think u'll like it...
Old 10-29-2004, 06:24 PM   #39
Rao Dao Zao
www.raodaozao.net

MDL & Resource Moderator

Submissions (27)

Quote:
LOLZ! :D I've been told by all who have seen it, that it's good... :P So i think u'll like it...
Well, what are you waiting for?! The suspense is killing me!
Old 10-30-2004, 05:39 PM   #40
MindWorX
Level 1 Neothelid

Tools Moderator

Submissions (2)

lol... Sorry, but you gotta wait some more... Give me your mail, and i'll mail it, problem is my mom didn't pay the internet bill @ home, so it's gone for awhile... :(
Old 11-01-2004, 02:37 PM   #41
DirtyTricks

why dont you post it so everyone can have a look...?
Old 11-01-2004, 06:05 PM   #42
Rao Dao Zao
www.raodaozao.net

MDL & Resource Moderator

Submissions (27)

Quote:
lol... Sorry, but you gotta wait some more... Give me your mail, and i'll mail it, problem is my mom didn't pay the internet bill @ home, so it's gone for awhile... :(
If you think you're strong enough send it to theroberdozer@hotmail.com. I'm waiting.
Old 11-01-2004, 06:37 PM   #43
MindWorX
Level 1 Neothelid

Tools Moderator

Submissions (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robe
If you think you're strong enough send it to theroberdozer@hotmail.com. I'm waiting.

Okay, i mailed you the map, but i'll upload it here too...

Lots of things changed, newest version here

Last edited by MindWorX : 11-02-2004 at 09:00 PM.
Old 11-03-2004, 06:10 PM   #44
Rao Dao Zao
www.raodaozao.net

MDL & Resource Moderator

Submissions (27)

... Yes, I've had a look at your system... Well, what can I say? It seems that from every angle it is bloomin' excellent. Top marks to yah. At the moment, it seems that you could only use it for one unit per player, but that can easily be changed. I salute you. No comments in the triggers, mind. Not that I needed them ;).
Old 11-03-2004, 06:43 PM   #45
MindWorX
Level 1 Neothelid

Tools Moderator

Submissions (2)

Hehe... Thx alot... :D Do you have MSN?

Hmmm... I figured you didn't need comments since you must have a little brain when you make maps for WC3, hehe... Hmmm... The trigger works for all the units you want, but only one unit at a time when trigger runs... :) So you would have to make two units equip a weapon at the same time... :)