wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Concept Art / Fan Art
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2003, 04:35 AM   #31
The Lord
User

The Lord is on a distinguished road (10)

Here's the results: (NOTE: 7 is a GOOD rate, 8 is very good, 9 is awesome and 10 is perfect)

Muoteck:

Quality: 7
Idea: 7
Regarding Theme: 7
Overall: 7

Raven_Lord

Quality: 6
Idea: 6
Overall: 6

icbm1987

Quality: 4
Idea: 4
Regarding Theme: 4
Overall: 4

Darth_Bob

Quality: 5
Idea: 5
Regarding Theme: 6
Overall: 5

angel of light

wodewick

Quality: 8
Overall: 8

Candy_Warlock

Overall: 5

DH78

Quality: 3
Idea: 4
Regarding Theme: 5
Overall: 4

yoda_24

Wolverine

Quality: 7
Overall: 7

Darkblood:

Quality: 8
Overall: 8

Looks like we got a draw here. You two have this entire weekend to improve your entries. (ONLY wodewick and Darkblood!!!!)
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 11-16-2003, 06:51 AM   #32
Darkblood
User

Darkblood has little to show at this moment (0)

10 hours later, and he's done!

Hope you all like it now!
A lil color to make you all happy...

Lord, I don't really care who wins it... If you don't like the concept then you probably shouldn't have voted it to win :-P But whatever.... just choose as you see fit!
Hope you like the finished version!

Enjoi!
-DB

Last edited by Darkblood : 11-16-2003 at 10:35 AM.
Old 11-16-2003, 11:22 AM   #33
wodewick
User

wodewick has little to show at this moment (0)

@ darkblood - whoah thats a great coloring job you did (what program did you use, if i may ask)
i dont know if either one of us has already won but here's my entrie hope you all like it, sorry for not having the 1337 coloring skills as darkblood ;)

Orcish Chariot (Working name)
These are twisted chariots driven by the madness an bloodlust of both their riders and raging dogs which are drugged before battle, originate members of the blackrock clan, serving the Horde. Invented by the chaotic mind of Orgrim Doomhammer himself. When raging unrelenting with no care for theirselves into battle the masters of the chariot use their iron whips to drive their dogs and maiming their enemy's, otherwhise murdering their enemy's by spears both the ground and aerial one's.
When these units fall in battle, their masters release their blinded dogs which will continue slaughtering careless for the race of their victims even the orcish ones.

Trained at the barracks, upgraded at the barracks

Haste
Ability that make the drivers of these mad machines to drive their dogs with their barbwire whips which will make them ride them as if they are driven by the force of lightning, this way of riding will take a little of the health of the dogs and thus the chariot itself. This way being able to chase every enemy that is searching for cover, making up every arrear.
Lasts for about 10 seconds, costs mana.

Unleash
Upgrade which will make the driver of the chariot unleash his twisted dogs (When unleashed called dogs of war), when their chariots have failed to kill every last enemy, uncontrolable attacking everything that is alive.

Movement

Mainly little slower then a knight but faster when the haste ability is used. Can attack both ground an air units. Strength is little stronger then a knight

total picture

closer pic, of one of the released dogs

closer pic, of the driver holding his dogs on his chain...
Old 11-17-2003, 01:52 AM   #34
The Lord
User

Ok! It's already decided.

WODEWICK! CONGRATULATIONS! YOU HAVE WINNED THE WARCHIEF SEASON AND NOW YOUR CONCEPT ART IS GOING TO THE MODELLING FORUM!

and.... you BOTH will receive 300 points (point award of the contest)
Old 11-17-2003, 06:24 PM   #35
Nakou the Saiyan
User

Nakou the Saiyan has little to show at this moment (0)

Here is my Blood Archer for the Warlord season. This is my official entry for now.
Old 11-17-2003, 09:21 PM   #36
Darkangel_56
User

Darkangel_56 has little to show at this moment (0)

you have to make up a background story and stats and all that too.
Old 11-19-2003, 04:09 AM   #37
Xmetallium
User

Xmetallium is on a distinguished road (20)

Send a message via MSN to Xmetallium

HEY HO!!!!

Sorry for the delay! But since The Lord isn't available for the moment being, I, as the little mod of the traditional media forum is going fill in for him for the while (like a proper secretary should do...)

As one may notice the massive amount of missing posts...yes, that's my doing. I just shut my eyes and swiped everything that didn't contain an entry. The only ones excluded are the results for the contest.

*Huffs from the massive exercise*

Yes, I deleted posts from the previous seasons (did I miss any...?) Any inquiries made by the previous posts should find their answers in the first post. I understand that some of you may be mad about your posts being deleted, but then tis better than the anger just to be aimed at The Lord. EVERYONE'S posts were deleted, that should be fair enough to clear up any bias between people. For now let's move on to the Warlord Season.

THE WARLORD SEASON IS OPEN!! DEADLINE IS DEC 19TH!!!

Still under construction
Bluphino@deviantart

Last edited by Xmetallium : 11-20-2003 at 03:45 AM.
Old 11-19-2003, 06:27 AM   #38
Darth_Bob
User

Darth_Bob has little to show at this moment (0)

Yeah, take some responsibility, dammit!!
Old 11-19-2003, 12:41 PM   #39
Lachdanan
User

Lachdanan has little to show at this moment (0)

Hey everybody,
I haven't really posted here much but I been lurking for quite some time. Been keeping an eye on this contest & it seems to be going pretty good, im very impressed with a lot of the work so I thought I'd throw my hat into the ring. Heres my Idea an sketch, hope you guys aren't too cruel, remember I'm new =)

Templar (Hero)

The Order of the Violet Eye, or Templars as they are more commonly referred to as, are one of the Alliance's most deadly and rare weapons. The enigmatic Templar's serve the nation of Dalaran as their most elite guards and peacekeepers. Charged with the need to police the very volatile use of magicks in the Human centre for Arcane happenings requires that only the most able bodied and strong willed people can fulfil the role. Taken from the ranks of the Town Guards, those individuals showing exceptional progress are taken into the Order and trained in the unique combat style of the Templars. Honing their skills to the combating of magic and evil, a few well-placed Templars can quickly turn the tide of any battle. As they wade into combat swinging their mighty Holy Blades and engulfed in the flames of retribution, a Templar at the head of any army is usually enough to make most foe's drop their weapons and run. Since the destruction of their homeland, the few remaining Templars have vowed to give their lives to eventually repay the debt that the Undead Horde had commited on their home of Dalaran. The Templars took refuge with their paladin brothers in the Order of the Silver Hand, and while they are not helping defend the Human cities, they can most often be found wandering through the Trisfal Forests and Northern borders of Human occupied lands, continuing their ongoing battle against the Scourge and the Forsaken.

Skills-(Names are gonna be refined still)
Templar Training- Due to the extensive training and familiarity to magic possessed by the elite units of the Alliance, the Templars have built up a resistance to their effects and also learnt new and more devastating ways to combat the creations made by these evil forces.
-gives XX% magic resistance and deals an extra XX damage to the undead (double damage to summonables), both increase with level.

Fire of Retribution- By focusing the immense mental powers of the Templars, they are able to surround themselves in an unearthly fire that consumes the energy of all those around him, dealing it back to the individual in the form of searing pain.
-Ok think Immolation (but its blue :p) but instead of jus damage, it kinda has like a steady ‘feedback' thing so takes mana an whatever taken gets dealt as damage… so it would b like useless against say a grunt, but strong against casters or summonables (Would do considerable damage to summonables). Damage increases, mana cost up.

Wrath of the Heavens- By communing to the holy forces of the Light which fuel the Templar's powers, he is able to call a bolt of lightning from the heavens above to smite down one of his foes, the force of the bolt of pure righteousness creating a similar effect on those around the doomed target.
-Good ole D2 fist of the heavens, basically just frost nova without the cold effect, would have bolt of lightning from the sky, then any undead or summons near the target would take XX damage. Damage increases and so does the radius of the holy bolts.

Wings of the Seraph- This gift is bestowed to only the most deserving of the Templars ranks, in their moments of need the Templars can ascend to a level of existence beyond that of mortals. In these moments of enlightenment, the Templar changes, growing in size and strength, taking the form of beings of pure good, the Seraphs. Wielding Holy Rune Blades and on wings of fire, the presence of these celestial crusaders is enough to make even the most experienced warriors turn tail and run.
-Ok, think the opposite of metamorphisis. Turns into a big *** angel, glows an looks kool…chaos damage… but he wouldn have a range… extra life an armor an stuff too.

*Unit appearance is obviously very flexible... as Im sure pretty much all the human entries will be... cause lets face it... you can make a human look lie watever u want... so obviously if the atachd pic isnt realy to the modellers fancy u can make em old or young an watever... im sure you get wat i mean, this is more just an outfit idea thingy*

Last edited by Lachdanan : 11-19-2003 at 01:52 PM.
Old 11-19-2003, 06:56 PM   #40
Wolverine

Dont get me wrong Lachdanan, but it looks like a failed fanart of Arthas.

Old 11-19-2003, 07:09 PM   #41
Nakou the Saiyan
User

Nakou the Saiyan has little to show at this moment (0)

Yeah it does look a lot like Arthas, but Im one to talk...

Mine looks like an archer who jacked a spellbreakers clothes.
Old 11-19-2003, 11:06 PM   #42
icbm1987
Lost Knight

Concept Art Moderator

Submissions (2)

icbm1987 has a spectacular aura about (110)icbm1987 has a spectacular aura about (110)icbm1987 has a spectacular aura about (110)icbm1987 has a spectacular aura about (110)

Concept art session 5 - Super Villains

Send a message via AIM to icbm1987 Send a message via MSN to icbm1987

Uhhh, i really should be boycotting this contest... but I need to make a crit.

Lan----- i dont want to remember the rest/or look down... The face is weird and I agree with wolverine, it kinda looks like arthas. other than that the quality is quite good.

The lord hates me, so Im gonna leave now.

icbm1987

Lost upon the winds of time...

Searching... for his lost Lord.
Old 11-20-2003, 02:11 AM   #43
Darth_Bob
User

Darth_Bob has little to show at this moment (0)

I like. Gonna color it?
Old 11-20-2003, 03:43 AM   #44
The Lord
User

Quote:
Originally posted by Xmetallium
HEY HO!!!!
(...)than the anger just to be aimed at The_Lord.

The Lord, not The_Lord please......

Yeah thanks for that Xmetallium, I was going to make it someday, but it would take a while.....
Old 11-20-2003, 09:45 PM   #45
Xmetallium
User

Xmetallium is on a distinguished road (20)

Send a message via MSN to Xmetallium

I'm going to give this thing a go…here's my submission

Blood Elven Flamecaller

Tier 3 unit, available with Arcane Sanctum and Arcane Vault
Attack: ranged, mini fireballs

Blood elven women that have reached the pinnacle of fire magic to a point that it is a stretch to call them ‘normal' anymore. These dark, somewhat crazed women has the have become so entwined with fire magic that they have the ability manipulate the element in their purest form and use it against their enemies. They wear as little as possible to let loose their high body heat that comes with their fiery powers and they prefer to stay in dark, warm places where they could perfect their skill. Like all blood elves, they still stay true to their human allies, but their ways of battle and twisted beliefs renders them isolated from their allies as well as kin.

Abilities:

Initial spell:

Spit Fire – Hurls a three volley of fire that injures and burns three units for 20 damage and burns the unit 2hp/sec for 10 seconds. Mana cost – 50

Upgraded spells:

Fire ward – Erects a circular barrier in an AoE that burns enemy units 5hp/sec, lasts 30 seconds. Mana cost – 100

Embrace – The flamecaller embraces an enemy and raises the temperature in her body that it literally scalds the enemy to death and burns the units around them. Insta-death for the enemy and flamecaller, and units around them receives 30 damage. Mana cost - 200

Passive spells – spell immunity to fire strike, immolation, firebolt….etc etc all fire spells in general.

BELOW: A pic of the flamecaller from the front and half the back. Team colour would be the fire design on the red robes. And hair is translucent on the back view to give good idea how she looks like under the hair for modelling convinience.

Still under construction
Bluphino@deviantart
Closed Thread