wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Concept Art / Fan Art
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2003, 04:49 AM   #1
The Lord
User

The Lord is on a distinguished road (10)

------ THE MASTER CONTEST! ------

"What is it? Another failed contest?" You might ask. Here is my answer:

This is a contest coupled with all the artistry techniques: Concept Art, Modeling and Skinning. Not only constrained to concept art anymore. And no, it's not going to fall short.

Alike the painting contest which was not ensued acceptably, there will be four seasons, each corresponding to each race of the Warcraft 3 world.

- Warlock Season: Featuring Undead
- Warchief Season: Featuring Orcs
- Warlord Season: Featuring Humans
- Warden Season: Featuring Night Elves

Let me enlighten this. The participants will have to draw not a default wc3 unit, but a NEW ONE. It should be original, but steadfast to the race in subject. The best idea / concept will win the respective season, and then their drawings will be heading to the modeling forum to turn into a 3d model. After that, the model + concept goes to the skinning/texturing forum to be textured.

PRIZES:

The prizes will be mysterious to the participants. But they'll surely receive a signature picture regarding the wined season and 300 points.
There will be three master winners (Artist, Modeller and Skinner). The Master Winners are the ones who win as the best in all the seasons. His prize will be VERY shining… Although it's not as grandiose as the community contest. NO MONEY as prize, I mean.

JUDGES:

Me and KDEWolf, initially, as we are super moderators of the artistry corner.

RULES:

1 – No plagiarize. Once someone does it, he will be excluded of the contest. If you know wheter somebody is plagiarizing, please report it.

2 – No default units here like Footmen or Death Knights, from none of the three Warcrafts. We only want creatures made from the person's own imagination.

3 – No “cartoons� allowed, nor puerile drawings; this is a serious contest. Those pictures will be inexorably deleted.

4 – You must be loyal to the proper season. Drawings which do not accord to it will be deleted and a PM will be send to the artist. Awareness to the previous rule, please.

5 - If you have more than one drawing, post it, BUT only if the next drawing is better than the old one. If you post a "not tha good" drawing and you want to give a better entry, do it. But if you posted a great drawing and decided to post another one that isn't that great, well then sorry, because the old one is not anymore not anymore acceptable!

6 - If the deadline has ended and no drawings had been posted, I'll make one and mine shall go to the modelling forum, not as a winner, but has a concept art of a model for my mod.

THREAD RULES:

1 – ——————NO SPAMMING———————. ANYONE who keeps spamming after 3 warnings will be banned from Wc3c for a while.

2 – No flaming in your comments. If you are critiquing somebody's drawing, please be kind, not offending anyone. Or else…same thing as above.

3 – No arguing. If somebody has offended you, use private messages. Any arguing that begins will be instantly uprooted.

4 – Don't post off-topic. (Off-topic will be deleted, also)

5 - No double posts.

6 – Please, post fruitful arguments. Don't post everything that just comes up to your mind.

7 - Nothing besides the subjected artistic category may be posted here.

8 - (added by X) After every season non-picture posts shall be deleted to save flipping through the pages looking for the newest season. Rules and notes will be updated accordingly to satisfy 'question posts'.

NOW! The Contest has begun! The Warlord Season is unleashed!
Deadline: exactly 1 mounth. That should be...starting from now...Dec 19th!!

Edit By Xmetallium...
Last pruning done by Xmetallium...

Last edited by Xmetallium : 11-20-2003 at 03:07 AM.
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 09-14-2003, 10:36 PM   #2
Muoteck
Happy Druid

Respected User

Submissions (6)

Muoteck is a jewel in the rough (160)Muoteck is a jewel in the rough (160)

Troll Anatomy

Edit By Electromancer: Why not call him Drengill the Landwalker. It reminds me a LOT of a fish man, mainly the creature from the black lagoon.

Note: i edited the post to beat out the little rule of The Lord's.

I actually didnt think of him as of hero at first
But since you posted that...

Description:
Landwalker
Race: undead Murloc/Human hybrid
Possible names: Drengill
Undead Hero
Where did he come frome: Landwalker is creature created during experiments in Dalaran. Originally Murloc and Human. They was magically merged into one creature. Landwalker escaped during Scourge invasion on Dalaran. Undead found him some time later when he led group of strange Murlocs to assault small Human outpost. Short after thatoutpost was raided by undead forces. After short fight opportunity to join to the Scourge was given to him. Since then Landwalker have been undead servant of the Lich King.
Movement: Landwalker once was a murloc, but during magical experiments he was merged with human and lost his ability to swim. He moves on 4 legs, holding his weapon in hand. He fights on 2 legs and can use his tail in combat.
Attack: He can attack only ground units. He lost fins, but hard skin serves as good armor.

Edited to clean up confusion. He IS undead.

Last edited by Muoteck : 09-26-2003 at 01:18 PM.
Old 09-17-2003, 04:30 AM   #3
CitizenSnips
User

Respected User

CitizenSnips has little to show at this moment (0)

I would just like to add that I encourage everyone to enter this. This contest will be very interesting in that it takes the best possible work from each category and moves it to the next. Presumably this contest would produce a bleeding edge unit; a unit at the edge of what this community is capable of. Personally I'm very much looking forward to seeing the final results of this contest.
Old 09-27-2003, 05:21 PM   #4
Wolverine

My entry
thanks to Challis and John Drake for their input

Old 10-07-2003, 01:24 AM   #5
sansui
I iz sexy.

Submissions (6)

sansui will become famous soon enough (50)sansui will become famous soon enough (50)

Well mine dosnt look great but i likes it a little bit. Its a UNDEAD scotish dragonoid.

~~Crin~~
Profile:
Movement: foot/ground
Race: Dragon/Human Scotish skelli
Race name: Undead Dranganso
Unit class: Undead Melee fighter
Attack: ground
Background: "Crin" was once a Dranganso in the far jungle village of Ifruse. These people have built there villages around a giant Dragon cave where the fumes and magic soon morphed these people into Dragonoids. There village thrived for thousands of years until it was ambushed by a force of Arcane gnomes. The arcane gnomes did not succede in stealing the village but they did kill Millions of the draganso. Several decades later a Necromancer of the Name Dervios, Came to this village.
After destroying the vilage he began to raise the dead from the great Gnome war. He also Built several temples in this area that Revived the Dranganso Into a zombie like state for reproduction means. And that is how "Crin" has come into the Forces of the undead.

edit/ i posted a newer better picture in this thread.

Last edited by sansui : 10-12-2003 at 06:34 AM.
Old 10-11-2003, 02:56 PM   #6
Kiseki
User

Kiseki has little to show at this moment (0)

Man. O_o When I started reading this thread, I kept getting the sinking feeling that the Undead Season was over. X.x Maybe putting the deadline in the first post would be nice?

Luckily, it wasn't. :P

And what a amazing coincidence, I happen to be drawing WC art these days. :P

Granted, it's crap, but you can't blame a nerd for trying. XD

Anyway, da unit.

Description

Possessed One (Possessed Sorceress)
Race: Undead Elf, High Elf hybrid.
Possible names: Shael Darklight, Moon Sunshine, Yin Yang. If you don't see what I'm getting at, I'm sad. :<
Undead Hero

Orgin: Banshees were once beautiful female Night Elves who were brutally murdered by demons during the fall of Kalimdor, Sorceresses are female Magi, sent by the Magocrats of Dalaran to watch over the volatile Battle Magi, use their arcane powers to aid the Alliance forces whenever Humanity is imperiled. So what happens when the two meet? High elf with night elf, living with the dead, quite like Yin and Yang, no?

A Possessed One's the result, a living being trying to resist, as it's being controlled by a undead one. Such beings are rare, only when a banshee tries to possess a sorceress, occuring when both parties, the possessor, and the possessed are completely equal in magical and mental poweress, resulting in a balance

In other words, a freak.

In game: The Possessed One's movement is slow (result of host's resistance), though she still floats. Her combat abilities are still magic oriented, possibly magic immune. She has a mix of spells both from the sides of the coin. Possibly a healing spell, a magic resistance skill, maybe something like Brill aura?
Old 10-12-2003, 02:01 AM   #7
icbm1987
Lost Knight

Concept Art Moderator

Submissions (2)

icbm1987 has a spectacular aura about (110)icbm1987 has a spectacular aura about (110)icbm1987 has a spectacular aura about (110)icbm1987 has a spectacular aura about (110)

Concept art session 5 - Super Villains

Send a message via AIM to icbm1987 Send a message via MSN to icbm1987

Name: OCCULT BLIGHT CONSTRUCT

Background: After the 1st great war between Archimonde and the Free peoples of Azeroth, the scourge were freed of the influence of the Burning Legion. In the Land of Lordaeron, where blight held all captive, the rotting flesh of those not undead was gathered by the blight. The dwarven metals, and the armors of those insolent enough to fight the scourge was also gathered by the semi-sentient blight for some great purpose... This purpose was to create the OCCULT BLIGHT CONSTRUCT which was a being formed from the blight's intrinsic magics and those matierials it had gathered. Over time these creatures started to spread blight to any ground they touched, and in battle, only the heroes of the enemy had a chance... a shade of a chance...

Lost upon the winds of time...

Searching... for his lost Lord.

Last edited by icbm1987 : 01-06-2004 at 02:46 AM.
Old 10-12-2003, 06:32 AM   #8
sansui
I iz sexy.

Submissions (6)

sansui will become famous soon enough (50)sansui will become famous soon enough (50)

Im changeing my Concept art picture to this one instead. this was done in PSP
Old 10-12-2003, 08:59 AM   #9
Undertow
User

Undertow has little to show at this moment (0)

The Burnt Ancient is a horrid masterpiece of the scourge's Necromancers. By burning a living Ancient and performing dark, necromantic evokations, the Necromancers have learned to twist the will of the Ancients into the service of the Lich King. In undeath, the Ancients are wicked and terrible. They have been driven to madness by the torture of the Necromancers. And the horrible ache of their spirits can only be soothed by shedding the blood of the living.

Burnt Ancient (Working Name)

I have two takes on the Burnt Ancient. The first of which is to make it a kind of heavy infantry/support unit. Kind of like an Ancient Protector, but smaller and faster, designed for melee combat.

The second, and the one I find more interesting is to make it a building. I modeled the whole thing after the Zerg Queen's ability to 'Infest Command Center' from StarCraft.

Construction: To construct a Burnt Ancient, one must use the Necromancer's Create Burnt Ancient ability on a Tree of Life/Tree of Ages/Tree of Eternity, when the unit has 30% or less life. That unit is then converted into a Burnt Ancient under the creator's control.

Unit's Produced: The Burnt Ancient creates Fury Wisps (another Working Name), which are little more than controllable fireballs. They travel quickly and have the KA-BOOM! ability.

Other Unit Features: Burnt Ancients can still uproot and eat trees, and are relatively good at melee combat. They could have the Entangle ability, but that's to be decided.

I've attached some concept art.
Old 10-12-2003, 02:50 PM   #10
Whitehorn
SPOON!

Respected User

Submissions (114)

Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)

Lol, I overlooked the 'Undead' part. Ok, hmm.

Name: Lileth
Species: Gorgon
Background: Gorgons are somewhat related to the Naga, being as they were also once Night Elves and underwent a supernatural transformation with the creation of the Naga. However, the Gorgons were three rogue Night Elf witches that dabbled in the black arts of necromancy, and had long travelled into the world of undeath before their second transformation. They share physical traits with both Night Elves and Naga, but in actuality are neither race.

Lileth is the oldest of the three sisters. She took a insatiable interest in the species of man, taking a first born, Adama, as her husband. She manipulated the early tribes to her malevolent needs, under the rule of her thrall-king husband. Her seeds were sown deeply in the hearts of man, but her reign came to a climatic end at the hands of a holy-coalition of High Elves and High Men. Though not slain, she, and her sisters, have remained absent from Human history since. Let us hope it remains that way (or else I'll have to make a campiagn if this model is made, lol).

Be excellent to each other.
Old 10-15-2003, 04:22 AM   #11
The Lord
User

The Lord is on a distinguished road (10)

STOP SPAMMING DAMMIT!!!!

Here is the result. I've made four rating categories: Quality (drawing), Idea (Story+name), Regarding Theme (if it'sUndead-ish or not) and Overall. Note that the rating method was very severe, so don't feel offended if you got a bad rate.

Muoteck:

Quality: 6
Idea: 5
Regarding Theme: 4
Overall: 5

Wolverine

Quality: 7
Idea: 6
Regarding Theme: 9
Overall: 8

sansui

Quality: 5
Regarding Theme: 7
Overall: 6

Icbm1987:

Quality: 5
Idea: 7
Overall: 6

Kiseki:

Quality: 4
Idea: 2
Regarding Theme: 3
Overall: 4

Undertow:

Quality: 9
Idea: 8
Overall: 9

WhiteHorn:

Quality: 8
Regarding Theme: 6
Overall: 7

According to the rating the winner is.......
UNDERTOW!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!

Now your drawing will be taken to the modelling forum. There it will turn into a model.
Note: You are NOT allowed to participate the other seasons nor making models or skins.

You will receive your prize soonly.

WARLOCK SEASON = CLOSED.

WARCHIEF SEASON = OPENED!
Old 10-15-2003, 04:29 PM   #12
Holo-3DT
User

Holo-3DT has little to show at this moment (0)

sorry LORD, just got news of this contest yesterday, I would have had my concept in on-Time if my scanner hadnt busted.

Since the polls are already in, ill just post this for eye candy reasons anyway.

Its just a rough sketch, no colour....enjoy.
Old 10-25-2003, 05:09 PM   #13
Wolverine

anyway ill post this to get things rolling. ill post one thats better if anyone surpasses this.

its an orcish largher, he kills all with mighty spikes on hands, daboo.

Old 10-27-2003, 06:21 PM   #14
Muoteck
Happy Druid

Respected User

Submissions (6)

Muoteck is a jewel in the rough (160)Muoteck is a jewel in the rough (160)

Troll Anatomy

Troll Guardian

Story: These trolls were the best warriors from all tribes, chosen to guard villages and chiefs. They fight using light, but deadly (sometimes envenomed) spears and large wooden shields. They believe that their masks protect them from evil magic and demonic spirits. After claiming Durotar, some of them were dispatched to help Orcs to defend their new homeland. Due to their great mobility they patrol borders of Orcish settlements and first deal with danger.

Movement: Guardians are fast ground units.

Combat: Guardians are melee warriors with greater range than standard units, they also have high damage output and defense, as well as partial magic resistance.

Last edited by Muoteck : 10-27-2003 at 07:33 PM.
Old 10-30-2003, 07:50 PM   #15
Raven_Lord
User

Raven_Lord has little to show at this moment (0)

Ok, icbm talked me into this madness.

Name:Troll Stalker

Pic (note: URL might change if domain name changes, I'll change the URl then):

Unit stats: Fast ground melee unit. Shadowmelds. Moderate damage and very fast cooldown. Virtualy no armor, little hitoints.

Story: Due to harsh Troll traditions, if a family has more than two sons, the third son must train to become a Stalker. Little is known what training and tests must be passed by these to-be-Stalkers. One is clear - only a few survive countless trials. These become the real Stalkers - silent, mysterious and deadly Troll warriors. Their skill in combat is well known, but the Troll elders remind the youngsters, that desire, but cannot become Stalkers:
"Some ways scar your body, some scar the mind and some scar the soul. The way of the Stalker scars all three."
Closed Thread