wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Code Resources > vJass Spells
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 02-23-2009, 03:27 AM   #16
FriendlyPsycho
User

Submissions (1)

FriendlyPsycho is on a distinguished road (12)

I see no reason not to.

Last edited by FriendlyPsycho : 02-23-2009 at 03:28 AM.
FriendlyPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 03-04-2009, 11:13 AM   #17
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)

Skinning Contest 7 ~ Were-AnimalsConcept art session 3 - Dungeon

Callahans roots have a fuckload of polygons though... Way, way too many for practical use in warcraft three, especially when used repeatedly.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:11 PM   #18
Viikuna-
User

Viikuna- will become famous soon enough (44)Viikuna- will become famous soon enough (44)

Using images instead of effects/units is pretty nice also because images cant cover units, which makes it look more clean and clear and everything.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:11 PM   #19
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)

Skinning Contest 7 ~ Were-AnimalsConcept art session 3 - Dungeon

Everything in the game is a model, basically. If you put an image on a plane, it'd still go through stuff.

What you mean is a splat or ubersplat, a texture superimposed over the terrain texture wich has the same in-game qualities as the terrain texture.
Old 03-15-2009, 03:24 PM   #20
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

I take issue with your use of resources that haven't gone through our approval process yet. I am refering to GroupEnumUnitsInArea and your modification of TimedEffects in particular. TimedEffects is especially problematic because you kept the library name which would break any map that tries to use it along any spells that require the original. That was really the wrong thing to do.

The quickest solution is to inline the code into the spell, both libraries are very short and especially GroupEnumUnitsInArea gets considerably shortened once inlined into a GroupEnum filter.

Also, you create and destroy an xecast object for each spell instance individually, yet you store it in a global variable, making your spell not multi-instanceable. Also, you don't seem to use xecast's recycledelay even though you're using a damage-over-time spell.
Old 03-28-2009, 02:36 PM   #21
Flame_Phoenix
retired coder | real ilfe

Submissions (10)

Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)

Send a message via MSN to Flame_Phoenix

This leaks ....

Please fix it.

Other than that I believe it would be a very nice unbalanced channeling spell =P
Attached Files
File Type: w3g LastReplay.w3g (3.5 KB, 8 views)
3-Making a spell in vJass - Practice Session 1
Check out all my current spells at here
Finally, check my project:
Castle vs Castle Flame Edition
Flame_Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 11:12 AM   #22
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

Well that was descriptive, Flame. xD What exactly is leaking?
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Pyrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 12:04 PM   #23
Flame_Phoenix

Submissions (10)

Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)

Quote:
Well that was descriptive, Flame. xD What exactly is leaking?
I posted the replay; seriously you will only lose a few minutes of your life to find it out....

*sight* Arrghghhhh *sight*

Maybe this image will make it easier for you ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	leak.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	236.7 KB
ID:	41708

How's that for descriptive now? xD

Last edited by Flame_Phoenix : 03-29-2009 at 12:04 PM.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:03 PM   #24
Anitarf

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

That error message doesn't mean it leaks.
Old 03-29-2009, 03:19 PM   #25
FriendlyPsycho
User

Submissions (1)

First post being updated. Sorry for the long absence, but this now conforms to what you mentioned Anitarf. Although, I do disagree on the fact that I should exclude the GroupEnumUnitsInArea library and just copy paste it inside the spell scope. That part, I did not do. I figured that people might find it handy, and some people may already have the library in their maps so I'll just be adding worthless lines of code.

EDIT: Updated. Hope all is well now.

Last edited by FriendlyPsycho : 03-29-2009 at 03:57 PM.
Old 03-29-2009, 04:07 PM   #26
Anitarf

Development Director

Submissions (19)

The point is that GroupEnumUnitsInArea is incredibly inline friendly, it would add a total of 6 lines of code to your spell (a globals block with two reals for coordinates, setting of those reals before a GroupEnum call and a IsUnitInRangeXY call in your enum function) not to mention that it'd be considerably more efficient that way.
Old 03-29-2009, 05:28 PM   #27
Flame_Phoenix

Submissions (10)

Quote:
That error message doesn't mean it leaks.
So double type free is not a leak ?
Even if it is not a leak, it is something that should be fixed (I assume you agree with this statement).

Please fix it.
Old 03-29-2009, 05:38 PM   #28
akolyt0r
In Flames

Submissions (3)

akolyt0r has a spectacular aura about (120)

most of the time the existence of a double free means that there is a leak somewhere aswell, but that is not true all the time ... (depends on the structure of the code.)

Last edited by akolyt0r : 03-29-2009 at 05:38 PM.
akolyt0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:53 PM   #29
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

A double free is exactly the opposite of a leak. It's destroying the same object twice.
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Pyrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 03:26 AM   #30
FriendlyPsycho
User

Submissions (1)

Updated, removed the use of GroupEnumUnitsInArea. Anything else to fix? I don't know what's causing that double free, but it's nothing map-breakingly huge of an issue.