wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Triggers & Scripts
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 11-16-2008, 02:54 AM   #16
Zerzax
Zerzy

Submissions (2)

Zerzax is a jewel in the rough (192)Zerzax is a jewel in the rough (192)Zerzax is a jewel in the rough (192)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverSpell Making Session 13 WinnerSpell Making Session 12 Winner

Send a message via AIM to Zerzax Send a message via MSN to Zerzax

I see... Heh you could try Vexorian's GetUnitsInTriangle and make the third point the midpoint of the line, minus a little bit so as to make a true triangle that's very thin.
Zerzax is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 11-16-2008, 03:17 AM   #17
Jazradel
Superuser

Submissions (1)

Jazradel has a spectacular aura about (110)Jazradel has a spectacular aura about (110)Jazradel has a spectacular aura about (110)Jazradel has a spectacular aura about (110)

Send a message via AIM to Jazradel Send a message via MSN to Jazradel

I was thinking about that, but I'm sure there's a better solution.

Table:
Jump Map
Point System
Warcraft III Model Archive

W3 Model Archive should be available from https://www.mediafire.com/folder/cd5..._III_Resources, PM me if it doesn't work.
Jazradel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 03:40 AM   #18
Zerzax
Zerzy

Submissions (2)

Zerzax is a jewel in the rough (192)Zerzax is a jewel in the rough (192)Zerzax is a jewel in the rough (192)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverSpell Making Session 13 WinnerSpell Making Session 12 Winner

Besides checking every point between the two with a group at like a 0.04 interval, which depending on the length of the line could be messy, I can't find a better solution than a triangle. Oh well, I guess its up to Anitarf.

Last edited by Zerzax : 11-16-2008 at 04:35 AM.
Old 11-16-2008, 04:15 AM   #19
Jazradel
Superuser

Submissions (1)

Jazradel has a spectacular aura about (110)Jazradel has a spectacular aura about (110)Jazradel has a spectacular aura about (110)Jazradel has a spectacular aura about (110)

Exactly. I want to see if they have any good ideas about approaching this. They both have far more experience than me at warcraft III and coding in general.

Also, how accurate is the units in region/triangle? Does it check from the x,y coordinate of the unit, or does it include the collison sphere as well?

Table:
Jump Map
Point System

W3 Model Archive should be available from https://www.mediafire.com/folder/cd5..._III_Resources, PM me if it doesn't work.

Last edited by Jazradel : 11-16-2008 at 04:21 AM.
Old 11-16-2008, 05:15 AM   #20
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

You know, there is geometry that exists to check if coordinates (UX, UY) are in a quadrilateral with vertices (X1, Y1) (X2, Y2) (X3, Y3) (X4, Y4) in clockwise order...

Specifically: http://wc3jass.com/viewtopic.php?t=236
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.

Last edited by Pyrogasm : 11-16-2008 at 05:16 AM.
Pyrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 05:41 AM   #21
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrogasm
This is what I should have done.
Nothing is stopping you from still doing it by helping out Vex with the spells.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:31 AM   #22
Jazradel
Superuser

Submissions (1)

Oh good, that script was what I was looking for. Thanks Pyro, and don't worry about it Anitarf (unless you have a way of doing it that doesn't involve timers + for group + IsPointInQuad).

Edit: Hmmm, I don't really like the linear order thing that requires. And the performance hit of doing that to a large group every timer loop is probably pretty nasty.

Table:
Jump Map
Point System

Last edited by Jazradel : 11-16-2008 at 09:38 AM.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:34 PM   #23
Zerzax
Zerzy

Submissions (2)

You still need to find the units. But wait! You can still use a rect and Get Units In Quad. I've found that as long as a bunch of other stuff is not going on, using a timer and enuming like crazy won't be a humongous hit to performance.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:00 PM   #24
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

So use this system?: http://www.wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=96543

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising_Dusk
Nothing is stopping you from still doing it by helping out Vex with the spells.
What I meant was that this is how I should have formatted my thread. (One spell at a time and do it on my own terms.)
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.

Last edited by Pyrogasm : 11-16-2008 at 10:01 PM.
Pyrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 10:08 PM   #25
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

I particularly like that he's submitting them to the database and that's where you get them. That's the best part of his style.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:50 PM   #26
Axzarious
User

Axzarious has little to show at this moment (4)

I got a request, although its quite beyond my coding knowledge. Well I got 2 ideas, but I might be able to upp off the other one.

My Request is this, you can scale it however you want, but these are the default examples-Level 1- The caster pulls units within 500 aoe of himself while the caster generates random explosions around himself in an aoe of 200. I would like it so that the strength of the pull can scale with the level, and the units in the area to still be controllable by thier users so that they can run away, break even with the pull, or slow themselves from being pulled into the caster (depending on move speed of course). The spell is for my map, and its a spell that Sephiroth from kingdom hearts uses (The same spell that im using is also used by sephiroth in Anime Fight, but is less flashy so to speak without the extra explosions, its just a static flamestrike centered on the caster).

My other ideas were an omnislash that damages units in a line (As against large groups the caster does barley any damage, and the random nature of the slashes wastes its potential if theres units surrounding the hero. I can probably do this myself, and if I cant i'll post what Ive got sometime in the future).
Axzarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 12:43 AM
Zerzax
This message has been deleted by Zerzax. Reason: Off-Topic, Sorry Vexorian
Old 11-20-2008, 12:52 AM   #27
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

hehe if you keep posting non-request comments here I am gonna cause you a lot of pain.
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Vexorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 01:26 AM   #28
Ammorth
I blink, therefore I am.

Submissions (10)

Ammorth is a glorious beacon of light (461)Ammorth is a glorious beacon of light (461)Ammorth is a glorious beacon of light (461)Ammorth is a glorious beacon of light (461)

An idea I had long ago, but had troubles with the effects and trying to keep it work in melee.

Name up for ideas - Aoe cast (long range)
I suck at descriptions, so it doesn't have to follow this:
The caster gives forth some magical energy to create bonds with the targeted allied units, bringing an illusion of themselves to the caster. The illusions have to stay within range of the caster, or the bonds will be broken and the illusion will vanish. Illusions deal 50% of their original damage and take 200% damage.

So basically, it is a mass illusion spell, targeting multiple units. The illusions would spawn around the caster and do their duty. The illusions would have a timer, but fade away if they move too far away from the caster. Only one group of illusions can be active at one time (replaces old illusions).

The issues I had were that I wanted despell effects to work on the illusions, so I made them based on an actual illusion spell. The problem was then I couldn't set their vertex color to lower alphas as they started reaching the distance of the spell, since it was being over-ridden by the illusion effects. I ditched the idea cause that was a main part of the spell.

Anyways, thats my suggestion.

Last edited by Ammorth : 11-20-2008 at 01:26 AM.
Ammorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 02:40 AM   #29
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

I have finished the first spell, Tripwire for Jazradel.