wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Ghost Forums > Map Database
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 08-10-2008, 07:28 PM   #121
TopWolf
User

Official Map Reviewer

TopWolf will become famous soon enough (36)TopWolf will become famous soon enough (36)

Quote:
The people that need to read the quest log won't and the people that don't need to read it will. It's useless to include explanations about the map, I'd rather learn by trial and error than sitting down and reading for however long.

That was the first place I checked after not figuring out what my effects were doing to enemies. Also, what does the "magickal" condition do? At the time I had absolutely no clue, but now I am thinking you just wanted to spell "magical" differently.
Old 08-10-2008, 08:16 PM   #122
Sabertooth_X
YOU GET ROCKED?

Submissions (14)

Sabertooth_X will become famous soon enough (54)Sabertooth_X will become famous soon enough (54)

magickal isn't a condition (and that's the way Dusk learned how to spell Magic(k)) There's just physical and magickal damages. Physical damage is also melee attacks, so spells doing physical damage are affected by armor. (I think)
Old 08-10-2008, 08:49 PM   #123
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

Magickal and physical are damage types, not conditions.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:17 PM   #124
Taur
#8 in posting (nolifeftw)

Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)

Quote:
The people that need to read the quest log won't and the people that don't need to read it will. It's useless to include explanations about the map, I'd rather learn by trial and error than sitting down and reading for however long.
Well I never have time to really read what my buff does in detail and there doesn't really seem to be a reason to not include them. Doubtless some people, who may prefer to learn differently from you, will look at it.
Taur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 11:05 PM   #125
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

I still don't think that it helps one percent of people is a valid reason to clutter the quest log with more entries.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:27 AM   #126
Taur

Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)

But that 1% of people are the only ones who will look at the quest log :P besides what's 1 more icon really.
Old 08-11-2008, 03:57 AM   #127
TKF
User

TKF is on a distinguished road (10)

Okey i tried it in a random pub game, there a host tried to convince me the game was good, instead of just kicking me. So the game started...

Personally I dislike AoS maps. When I finally got to play a game, it was not a whooping big surprise. It was below my expectations, i excepted a custom fighting engine, but it's just normal gibberish fighting with attacks and spells. Heroes did have the same lame standard attacks, and of course THA SPELLS! Just another AoS maps. It still contains the same game dimensions like dota. Nothing especially new amazing shocking features. The same old push and kill aos style. Also we had a leaver at start, which was pretty sucky :(. However, the spells wasn't so bad. But the game was very bad, cuz the enemy did push with all the heroes on 1 lane after a short time and destroyed it almost instantly before we could save it. The time to move down did take to much time -.-

Pros:
  • Simple hero selection
  • Well designed spells
  • You can use your spells multiple times before running out of mana
  • Pushing boost feature on spawn location for a gold cost
  • RMK System
  • Nice looking heroes

Cons:
  • Critical hero selection bug at start
  • Big map filesize
  • Hard to see on the minimap where the creep lanes is
  • If all heroes attacking 1 spawn point together, ends the game brutally. You don't have time to save the spot cuz it takes some time to run from top to bottom lane. Then it's destroyed when the rest of the heroes got there -.-
  • Low item selection in base. Some more items could be useful, like scroll of teleport to get to creep spawn points quickly.
  • There's nothing groundbreaking unique gameplay in this AoS map, which makes it's outstanding. Basically it's gaming dimensions is pretty much the same as dota and other aos maps.

However this map still have some flaws, but I think it's better than dota itself. However I think the super lane push ruins the game totally without means to get there faster. Also I would like several options to spend gold on. What about upgrading the creeps? (I didn't find creep upgrade feature)

6.5/10

Some sideline suggestions:

• Anti-Item theft system: Prevent enemies from stealing items from the other team.

• Afk system (-afk): (cmd) Makes your hero to be under shared control, but prohibits teammates to drop your items (to prevent item theft). Type -afk again to disable afk status.

• Leaver gold (-lg): (host cmd) - Remove the leaver hero from game instead of shared control, and distribute his gold (+item value) and total experience over all allied heroes. The already lv18 heroes gets excess xp / 10 converted to gold (/10 is just an example).

This can be a custom gamemode, activated by the host. Not everyone likes to control a share hero all the time...

I don't know if these could be useful, but it's something I personally would like, I don't know what you think...

Last edited by TKF : 08-11-2008 at 04:03 AM.
TKF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 04:00 AM   #128
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKF
What about upgrading the creeps? (I didn't find creep upgrade feature)
The creeps upgrade over time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKF
Critical hero selection bug at start
Perhaps you should explain the bug and/or post the replay.
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Pyrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 04:08 AM   #129
Sabertooth_X
YOU GET ROCKED?

Submissions (14)

Sabertooth_X will become famous soon enough (54)Sabertooth_X will become famous soon enough (54)

The bug is known, I think it's being fixed (or is fixed already, just no new version yet.)

Big map filesize? It doesn't take that long to load it for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKF
Hard to see on the minimap where the creep lanes is
Or you can look at the map itself and see where towers are and where the creeps go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKF
If all heroes attacking 1 spawn point together, ends the game brutally. You don't have time to save the spot cuz it takes some time to run from top to bottom lane. Then it's destroyed when the rest of the heroes got there -.-
That's how a map should play, when 6 players assault a base at high levels, the base shouldn't be able to hold it's own. Perhaps counterattack their base since they were all busy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKF
Low item selection in base. Some more items could be useful, like scroll of teleport to get to creep spawn points quickly.
You barely need more than potions and maybe some little items, this isn't a game where you need to rely on items. Meh @ Scroll of Teleport, the map isn't extremely large.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKF
There's nothing groundbreaking unique gameplay in this AoS map, which makes it's outstanding. Basically it's gaming dimensions is pretty much the same as dota and other aos maps.

I don't know, not many other AoSs have an internal conditions system. Not many AoSs are of this quality, either. What do you mean by "Gaming Dimensions", exactly?
Old 08-11-2008, 04:51 AM   #130
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

I'm well aware of the hero selection issue, it was a silly oversight and I've fixed it. Also, the map is fairly mediocre sized. It's under 2mb, which was my personal goal, so I don't think it's that bad.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:09 AM   #131
Vestras
User

Project Member: LoC

Submissions (4)

Vestras will become famous soon enough (40)Vestras will become famous soon enough (40)

Okay, I think that that bloody cryptlord on the bane is goddamnit imbalanced.
I played with Dis and those Bloodletter Locusts fucked me so hard. I died in ~20 seconds. I've attached a replay.
Attached Files
File Type: w3g Imbalance.w3g (46.8 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by Vestras : 08-11-2008 at 09:15 AM.
Vestras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 03:52 PM   #132
Taur

lol as Genobee I've been raped quite a few times by dis, Dis is such a skill character, you're either going to be really good or really bad with him.

Quote:
If all heroes attacking 1 spawn point together, ends the game brutally. You don't have time to save the spot cuz it takes some time to run from top to bottom lane. Then it's destroyed when the rest of the heroes got there -.-
lol I completely love it when people do that, I just send spawns on the lane that is farthest away from them and then go defend. If you get an enormously large push and no one's there, then buy creeps to hold them off, a base should only really fall becasue it's been chipped away or because of a dramatic ultimate (Arro and Vertajaune come to mind), if the team pays attention to all the lanes, it's not too hard to defend from a large push.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:45 AM   #133
Kino
User

Submissions (8)

Kino will become famous soon enough (69)Kino will become famous soon enough (69)Kino will become famous soon enough (69)

Yeah, Dis is probably the most explosive/fun hero for me.

The only thing i dont like about him is his the "Heartburn Skill". I mean his health is so retardely low theres no way you can channel anywhere the near the full 8 secs without getting killed.

Also, "Bleeders" lifesteal effect is for attacks or includes spells too?
Old 08-31-2008, 01:01 AM   #134
bcs
User

bcs has little to show at this moment (0)

I like DoE, although I don't think it's as good as AotZ 2.xx due to some heroes being extremely boring (Anick, Tornne, Ztera Korr to name a few and a few others are just "meh", compared to AotZ where Kharn is the only one I find boring), somewhat boring skills that do low damage, and games ending too quickly. Just my personal opinion.

I think Innert is somewhat overpowered due to Spirit Burn, and is even more overpowered with the new AOE Spirit Burn. As a host I usually pick him if I am on the allied side to take advantage of the no lag to instantly summon and instantly demolish the spirit to generally guarantee damage against the enemy heroes.

IMO, the old Spirit Burn was fine. People would back off if they think I'm going to go up to them and summon a spirit to demolish with the old version. Even with the old version it was a win-win because even if you were in a bad situation you'd still siphon some life due to spawnies being around since heroes are usually near their spawnies.

So, my suggestion is to go back to the old spirit burn where Innert summoned it in front of him. It was fine.

Jhita Bonz needs a nerf, but people already stated that, so no further comments on him. :)

Anick could use something more. His teleport skill is rather dull, and the Crystalline band makes it not really unique. He's also IMO, the most boring hero in DoE.

Overall, DoE is a pretty solid map that I join if a game is listed in the custom games list along with AotZ and ToB.
bcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 09:30 PM   #135
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Oh hey, sorry I missed your post for so long.

Heroes aren't boring, not even the sillier and less gaudy ones. as you mentioned. They're just different. Comparing AotZ to DoE is almost blasphemy because of how different they are on a fundamental level. The reason I made DoE a different map as opposed to a "new AotZ" is because they really are just that different.

There's a different appeal for a map like DoE as opposed to AotZ. I embrace the design of an interactive and dynamic hero arena as opposed to the traditional AoS in DoE, but still retain the critical importance of things such as position on the field of battle. (As opposed to AotZ, where you can get around very easily)

I'd compare DoE and AotZ to each other much the same way I would compare Checkers to Chess. Checkers is a fun, fast, and very strategic game, it's very simple and very easy to learn and do well at, but the pieces (a la heroes) are much less personified than in Chess. Chess, as said before, has incredibly personable characters with intricate actions, roles, and so forth. There is no unifying system in AotZ or Chess, whereas the hopping is a unifying system in Checkers. Is checkers better than chess? Some may say yes, others will say no, and others yet may enjoy the both for different reasons. The same is true for AotZ and DoE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcs
Anick could use something more. His teleport skill is rather dull, and the Crystalline band makes it not really unique. He's also IMO, the most boring hero in DoE.
It's nice that you mention that, actually. In 1.09c, I've put a lot of effort towards diversifying Anick and making him funner. I can't think of a solid replacement for Blood Seeker since I truthfully love the aesthetic, but I did replace the Crystalline Band, ergo it won't feel as 'unspecial' anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcs
Jhita Bonz needs a nerf, but people already stated that, so no further comments on him. :)
Yes, yes he does and he will get that just deserved nerf, no worries. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcs
So, my suggestion is to go back to the old spirit burn where Innert summoned it in front of him. It was fine.
Innert is imbalanced for another reason, that reason being Dismission Aura. The short-range Spirit Burn just gives it increased versatility, something I think he needed.

Thanks for your time and post. <3