wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Code Resources > Samples
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 04-21-2008, 02:36 PM   #16
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malf
Dusk has his own selection system?? I thought you were using Vex's system, with little modifications by adding the stories
...I'm almost hurt. xD
I've used it for 2 years and 3 months.

Anyways, emjlr, I'll go ahead and shove mine into a test map and credit you for the motivation to release it. I feel terrible stealing your thunder, though...
Old 04-22-2008, 03:46 PM   #17
emjlr3
Rehabbing

Submissions (14)

emjlr3 is a jewel in the rough (151)emjlr3 is a jewel in the rough (151)

Mapping Contest First Place

Send a message via AIM to emjlr3 Send a message via MSN to emjlr3

Quote:
Interesting. Does this system supports remaking maps? Also completely hiding units is way better than making them transparent. I sometimes try to click on the transparent unit (don't ask why).

i dont understand your first question
i think how I have it is good, it completely shows you that hero as been picked, and you can't even click on it anymore, I could always add an option for changing that, its not a problem, I just like the way it is, and unless someone has an idea I think is better, an extra option for removal is all I would do

Quote:
Anyways, emjlr, I'll go ahead and shove mine into a test map and credit you for the motivation to release it. I feel terrible stealing your thunder, though...

I wasn't aware I had any thunder to begin with
I guess this can just be closed then
excited to see how you ended up doing yours, and these options I failed to include in mine
I was thinking of having just 1 trigger for all the events that the system handles, but I think that would be more confusing then I even have it now...

Last edited by emjlr3 : 04-22-2008 at 03:47 PM.
emjlr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 03:18 AM   #18
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjlr3
I guess this can just be closed then
On that note, to the graveyard she goes....
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Pyrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 12:25 AM   #19
emjlr3
Rehabbing

Submissions (14)

updated, for the hell of it

perhaps ppl like options, or rather, two are better then one
Old 05-01-2008, 05:20 AM   #20
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

Do you want it moved back to submissions?
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

Quote:
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Old 05-01-2008, 01:34 PM   #21
emjlr3
Rehabbing

Submissions (14)

sure why not, unless Dusk has objections
Old 05-01-2008, 05:32 PM   #22
Fulla
Evil Overlord

Submissions (3)

Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)

Hmm.. there is some kind of bug, where somehow 2 ppl are able to get the same Hero.
It happens very rarely in Warcraft Arena, I'm still trying to find out how it happens.

Just thought I'd let you know.
Old 05-01-2008, 05:43 PM   #23
emjlr3
Rehabbing

Submissions (14)

in theory this should never happen

once units are picked they are removed from the selection pool, and the hero is then either removed from the gallery or made unselectable

I'd like to see the replay to confirm in what situation this happens, to try and figure out why

unless somehow the same hero is picked at exactly the same time( can this happen??)

but through random this should not happen, as only heroes in the pool can be randomed, and once a hero is chosen it is no longer in the pool

you should update to the newest version, and see if it still happens, there are more error messages which may help
Old 05-04-2008, 11:25 PM   #24
emjlr3
Rehabbing

Submissions (14)

ok so this is here now
Dusk says hes going to release one that will render this obsolete
I have added just about everything to this I can think of
what now?
Old 05-06-2008, 12:40 AM   #25
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Man, I didn't say that. I said that mine is just written in a far different way and is shorter and easier to read. It doesn't really matter, though, you posted yours first so you win the internet.
Quote:
other then the fact that your name is Rising_Dusk, i can't say people would like it any better, but who am I too judge, I'm not the one with two succesful maps at WC3C ;)
That's basically true. It just makes me sad that I've had it made for years and still got beaten to the punch. Cest la vie. Follow Vex's suggestions and it'll get approved in due time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexorian
Anyways, it needs big cleanup specially the part that's from my system, why did you base it from my system anyways? I think the final result is too different from mine so I doubt you really needed my code if it isn't for just making the system messier.

If you are blocking orders like I did in the old system using DisableTrigger, etc. Change it to a 0. seconds timeout timer to order stop ASAP.
You really should consider coding it in a totally different way, though. This one is so ugly and looks way too much like Vex's with minor changes here and there. I may submit mine anyways just so you can see how I do it, but it'll get shot down because this one will be in the database already.
Old 05-06-2008, 12:55 AM   #26
emjlr3
Rehabbing

Submissions (14)

or maybe mine will get removed to make room :)
Old 05-06-2008, 01:14 AM   #27
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Oh don't be so pessimistic.

And Dusk, the word is "C'est", not "Cest"; but then again does it really matter?

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-06-2008, 01:50 AM   #28
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

This is the internet, Pyro. :p
Quote:
or maybe mine will get removed to make room :)
I wouldn't do that, at least I hope that's painstakingly obvious.
Old 05-06-2008, 02:18 AM   #29
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

There's no rule in the site that prevents two demo maps that do the same from staying in the database, if there is, I'll just go ahead and remove it, it would be quite ridiculous we had one.
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Vexorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 06:54 AM   #30
Dragon.Head
User

Dragon.Head has little to show at this moment (1)

Hello, I found a bug when I tested this on a simple testmap of mine.

I selected the Firelord, I used the Select Hero ability and it spawned 4 Firelords! :p
Zoom (requires log in)

Works on other heroes I choose too.

EDIT: Woops, nevermind, I guess I fixed it on my own.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled2.JPG (82.6 KB, 88 views)

Last edited by Dragon.Head : 05-11-2008 at 10:41 AM.
Dragon.Head is offline   Reply With Quote