wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Concept Art / Fan Art
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 10-17-2006, 07:26 AM   #1
Beam
intoxicated

Respected User

Submissions (4)

Beam has a spectacular aura about (81)Beam has a spectacular aura about (81)Beam has a spectacular aura about (81)

Default been a while. skool shit!

whutup everyone. looks like people been busy. i havent been here in a while, so its nice to see you guys improving.

anyways, skool shit! most of this was from my 1st year portfolio review. thats why i got the name of the class in the bottom corner of the pics. and then i just got random assignments that i like thrown in there. i hardly have time for my own art. its mostly stuff for school, but its cool cuz some classes let you use your own stories so you can do stuff for yourself.

i'll post sketches some other time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg character01.jpg (385.4 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg character02.jpg (192.3 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg character03.jpg (261.9 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg design02.jpg (498.9 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg perspective02.jpg (453.0 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg mars-day.jpg (47.9 KB, 60 views)
Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 10-17-2006, 08:16 AM   #2
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)

Skinning Contest 7 ~ Were-AnimalsConcept art session 3 - Dungeon

I must say that i would have expected more detail from you in the first two pics. The lines of that samurai just dont look 100% crisp and smooth.

I love the ideas though.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:03 AM   #3
DD_Draco
User

DD_Draco has little to show at this moment (7)

i love them either way.. except for one little error.. on the samurai the face on view is missing the little curve like the first two view do.. (on the middle of the chest)..

anyways..
DD_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 05:32 PM   #4
Ogre_Crossing
User

Ogre_Crossing is on a distinguished road (16)

Hey, it's great to see more familiar faces back here!

In your first character sheet, the samurai is very well-drawn, good consistency between the different views, and concise details make this useful. However, I do find the design a little sterile, and although not every character can be over-the-top with ostentatious and overt attributes, a little embellishment here and there as to the nature of the character will make it a little more useful in your portfolio to show your clients that you do have that ability.

Not much to comment about on the second one. I do quite like it, but you could communicate the atmosphere a little more clearly. To me, it looks like it's under water, but not quite. Also, a little more rhyme and reason to your brush strokes will pull it all together.

Third one is great, quite alluring.

Your fourth one, I do like, but the execution could have benefitted from a solid or opaque medium.

And as for the last one, the rendering needs to be tightened up, or if you want to maintain that spontaneity or quick rendering, a different application of your brushstrokes would help to communicate the rocky surface better.

Great work in all quarters, and let's see what else you can do!
Ogre_Crossing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 06:21 PM   #5
Muoteck
Happy Druid

Respected User

Submissions (6)

Muoteck is a jewel in the rough (160)Muoteck is a jewel in the rough (160)

Troll Anatomy

I love the thumbnail of 2nd one. Was disappointed to see it's not finished though.
Muoteck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 08:45 PM   #6
Beam
intoxicated

Respected User

Submissions (4)

Beam has a spectacular aura about (81)Beam has a spectacular aura about (81)Beam has a spectacular aura about (81)

yeah i agree with a lot of things you guys said. one problem with my work is time. i have so many projects to do during school that i don't have enough time to devote entirely to one project. i'll just admit it that most of these things are done last minute. fuck they have to be done last minute. but anyways. some sketches.

life drawing

thumbs

Old 10-17-2006, 08:50 PM   #7
TDR
♪♫

Modeling & Gallery Moderator

Submissions (84)

TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)

Hero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceConcept art session 6 - Sea dwellersModeling session 3 - Critters

Hellllooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Peeeeeetaaaahh! So good to see you back, honorable sir.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:53 PM   #8
Beam
intoxicated

Respected User

Submissions (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDR
Hellllooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Peeeeeetaaaahh! So good to see you back, honorable sir.
holy shit that was fast. how do you know my name?
Old 10-17-2006, 09:03 PM   #9
TDR
♪♫

Submissions (84)

TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)

Hero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceConcept art session 6 - Sea dwellersModeling session 3 - Critters

deviantart :D
Old 10-17-2006, 09:04 PM   #10
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)

Your small scetches of humans are awesome, i must say. I also verry much like the creatures.

What exactly do you study?
Old 10-17-2006, 09:11 PM   #11
Beam
intoxicated

Respected User

Submissions (4)

studying animation.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:14 PM   #12
TDR
♪♫

Submissions (84)

Oh God, Beam! You have just become my hero. I'd die for a place at Animation Mentor (I'm not suggesting that you are there).
Old 10-17-2006, 09:18 PM   #13
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

I found another game design-ish education program that focusses more on cencept art, 3d, animation and texturing reather then the whole spectrum of game crafting. I might go there next year, not sure yet.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:22 PM   #14
TDR
♪♫

Submissions (84)

You lucky mister with lots of posibilities. Is it open for poor romanians too?

Last edited by TDR : 10-17-2006 at 09:22 PM.
TDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 09:54 PM   #15
olofmoleman
Baron Grunwald is.

Texturing Moderator

Submissions (106)

olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)

Approved Map: Jurassic ExplorationSmiley contest 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.Skinning Competetion #4 - FallenSkinning Competetion #4 - Atoned

Quote:
Originally Posted by erwtenpeller
I found another game design-ish education program that focusses more on cencept art, 3d, animation and texturing reather then the whole spectrum of game crafting. I might go there next year, not sure yet.
Oh? where?

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite
My Wc3c Resources

I'm not doing requests, don't pm me about it

~The Arch-enemy of Mc!~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rao Dao Zao
Olof always speaks true.
olofmoleman is offline   Reply With Quote