wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Warcraft Editing Tools
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 01-16-2010, 06:43 AM   #1
cosmicat
Probably AFK

cosmicat will become famous soon enough (71)cosmicat will become famous soon enough (71)cosmicat will become famous soon enough (71)

Default Updated function database for TESH/JNGP

As you all know, common.j now has 97 additional natives meant to work with the new hashtable datatype. Since I've come to rely heavily on TESH's function list feature, I decided to add those natives to the funclist.db so I can find them more easily while coding. Since this might be useful to a few other people, I'm posting the funclist.db here. I advise backing up the old one on the off chance I didn't use SQLite properly (still learning), but as far as I can tell there are no errors.

There are many things this doesn't do, though.

One thing I'll likely start tomorrow (and hopefully finish by Monday) is adding the new BJ functions to the database. There are several reasons I didn't do this in the first place, but probably the most relevant is that the new BJs are even less important than the new natives. Still, I find that certain BJs provide helpful examples of how the natives should be used, and for completeness' sake I'd rather have them in than out.

Since I fail at hex editing (as with practically everything else), and since TESH's actual syntax-highlighting and on-the-fly suggestions are enforced separately (which boggles my mind, but there must be a good reason for it), I have *not* yet figured out how to modify TESH to actually highlight the new functions or recognize "hashtable" as an existing type (apparently inserting "hashtable" between "integer" and "real" separated by the same symbols that appear to surround the other datatypes in TESH.dll doesn't work and in fact causes the whole Trigger window to crash in JNGP). All the modified funclist.db can do is add function definitions to the "Function List" feature.

And yes, I am aware that Vex's Table wrapper library provides practically everything you could want the hashtable functions for and does so more easily. I just like knowing what the native functions are and how to use them. This is still of potential value should the need for non-v Jass arise.

Naturally, should you find any typos in the database (unlikely, but still possible; my vision got foggy partway through retyping the Load functions), let me know and I'll correct it as soon as I can.
Attached Files
File Type: 7z funclist.7z (86.0 KB, 94 views)

Last edited by cosmicat : 01-16-2010 at 06:45 AM.
cosmicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 01-16-2010, 07:03 AM   #2
TriggerHappy

Submissions (2)

TriggerHappy will become famous soon enough (43)TriggerHappy will become famous soon enough (43)

This has been done like, 4 times.
http://cjass.xgm.ru/#horus -- best one

Only thing is it includes cjass >_<

Last edited by TriggerHappy : 01-16-2010 at 07:04 AM.
TriggerHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 08:40 AM   #3
cosmicat
Probably AFK

cosmicat will become famous soon enough (71)cosmicat will become famous soon enough (71)cosmicat will become famous soon enough (71)

Odd, because I did search for stuff like that and didn't find exactly this.
Since I don't use cJass, though, I might be a little annoyed at the wrong stuff getting highlighted.

Besides, if I understand that correctly, the project you linked to modifies only the lexer, which does improve the syntax highlighting etc. but doesn't update the function definitions.
This is just a simple modification to the funclist.db file, which doesn't really change the behavior of TESH.

Last edited by cosmicat : 01-16-2010 at 08:42 AM.
cosmicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 08:47 AM   #4
thelifelessone
User

thelifelessone has little to show at this moment (4)

It fully replaces the function list too.

Dude, everyone is using Horus. Just forget about TESH.
thelifelessone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 09:09 AM   #5
cosmicat
Probably AFK

Okay. Someone lock it or delete it or whatever then.
Old 01-16-2010, 04:54 PM   #6
TriggerHappy

Submissions (2)

TriggerHappy will become famous soon enough (43)TriggerHappy will become famous soon enough (43)

Horus is TESH.
TriggerHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 06:33 PM   #7
cosmicat
Probably AFK

Since I am not a fekkin' idiot, I got that from thelifelessone's post, despite the multiply false statement, "everyone is using Horus. Just forget about TESH."