wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > General Development
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 04-17-2009, 03:27 AM   #1846
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)

Send a message via MSN to Kyrbi0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicat
A group of five can lay two Land Mines between the Hall and the Gold Mine, then one beside each major base fortification. As soon as the mine is primed and a unit steps on it, all his base are belong to Goblins. This advantage is reduced dramatically against a human opponent, probably, since he'll see the units and buildings can't trigger mines on their own. But it can effectively shut down gold output for a time while he configures his peon pathing to avoid the mines.

Actually, the way I'd solve it (since mines are a great idea) is to give the mine placement a casting time, so the goblins are visible (and killable) for a few seconds before the mine is placed. That way the other player at least has a chance to keep you out before his buildings are irreversibly Kaboom!ed.
Wow, I never would've thought to do that, actually.

In all honesty, I had no time to balance or test anything whatsoever; I only tested to make sure it worked in-game. If anything is balanced, just know it's all theorycrafting/shots in the dark. :P
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=
Kyrbi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 04-17-2009, 08:13 AM   #1847
deolrin
Tas'dingo!

Submissions (13)

deolrin is a jewel in the rough (167)deolrin is a jewel in the rough (167)

Send a message via MSN to deolrin

Well, Kyrb, the only REALLY imbalanced thing I found in your race is the pwnage versus Orc computer opponents - just take those orc-catapult things, dig with them underground and attack their main base. The poor orcs have no idea what to do and the witch doctors don't put any Sentry Wards, thus they will never find out about the invisible units in their base, until they destroy the whole base and later destroy the units.

~Gladiator, Sacred
deolrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:32 PM   #1848
Michael Peppers
Lepus?

Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (188)Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (188)Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (188)

Uhm... Dusk, are you ready to open the poll? It's been quite a long time since the contest ended and we're all looking forward to vote (and we're also curious to see who'll win) so please, let us know.

In the case we could form a team to see if the submissions respect the rules and to do the package with all of the submissions.

Don't forget about us.

Last edited by Michael Peppers : 04-22-2009 at 09:15 PM.
Michael Peppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:35 PM   #1849
Flame_Phoenix
retired coder | real ilfe

Submissions (10)

Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)

Send a message via MSN to Flame_Phoenix

Don't worry, wc3c ignored Spell Olympics, I am sure it will ignore this as well. Lol...
3-Making a spell in vJass - Practice Session 1
Check out all my current spells at here
Finally, check my project:
Castle vs Castle Flame Edition
Flame_Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:50 PM   #1850
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

^Now that's positive... Just look at MP, at least he was respectful.

It may take some time, guys. I mean, the 3rd Hero Contest is still awaiting judging. People are a bit busy with end-of-term stuff, I would imagine.
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=
Old 04-22-2009, 09:29 PM   #1851
Flame_Phoenix

Submissions (10)

Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)

Quote:
^Now that's positive... Just look at MP, at least he was respectful.
I am also respectful, at my own way.
Quote:
It may take some time, guys. I mean, the 3rd Hero Contest is still awaiting judging. People are a bit busy with end-of-term stuff, I would imagine.
I know this may sound off-topic, but hell, isn't 6 months enough time? To be honest I don't think the pool for hero contest will ever be created, and I don't think Spell Olympics will ever be judged.

I am sure this won't be the case of this contest by two man reasons:
- It is a mini.contest, therefore smaller and people will expect results
- there are a lot of people already asking for a pool. Sure Dusk didn't answered to any posts yet (ignoring posts maybe?) and sure he didn't created the pool on the day he promised, but I am also sure he will have some excuse to justify himself (he always has one) and that he will (maybe?) accuse us all of being impatient, and in some cases even childish (guess who)...

Anyway, just relax guys, Dusk will create the pool ... when? no idea.

Last edited by Flame_Phoenix : 04-22-2009 at 09:30 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:29 PM   #1852
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

What's a pool? I mean, in regards to the Hero Contest, you said "I don't think the pool for the HC...".

Also, this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame_Phoenix
Don't worry, wc3c ignored Spell Olympics, I am sure it will ignore this as well. Lol...
Is not respectful in any way. I mean, not saying we have to be all "walk in straight lines" elementary-school "respect your authorities" here, but more respect for people's lives.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:34 PM   #1853
cosmicat
Probably AFK

cosmicat will become famous soon enough (71)cosmicat will become famous soon enough (71)cosmicat will become famous soon enough (71)

Old 04-22-2009, 10:50 PM   #1854
RenegadeMushroom
User

RenegadeMushroom is on a distinguished road (18)

Quote:
- It is a mini.contest, therefore smaller and people will expect results
Umm, it's not a mini-contest, it's a full contest about mini-races for WarCraft 3 :P
RenegadeMushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 05:41 AM   #1855
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame_Phoenix
It is not ignored, neither is the Olympics. Let me remind you that there are effectively 4 people on this website that do an entire staff's job. Outside of the occasional moderation here and there, the admins practically do everything. I would appreciate it a lot if you would stop riding on us and accept the fact that right now (it being, you know, the last weeks of college semesters) we have things more important to do than run contests.

I will have this poll up Saturday or next Thursday. Saturday is my only free time this week and I probably will end up spending it writing a presentation for my payload's financial defense come Monday. Please bear with me and the rest of the staff.

Oh and by the way, since I forgot to specify in the rules how the contest will be judged, do you guys want a judge and the poll or just the poll?
Old 04-23-2009, 05:52 AM   #1856
Alevice
It feels good

Alevice is a jewel in the rough (190)Alevice is a jewel in the rough (190)Alevice is a jewel in the rough (190)

I wouldnt mind judges, but a simple poll would be fine IMO :)

Alevice.jones is SC2 Beta, losers.

Check out my never updated deviantart gallery!!

Kalimdor Raiders (Race Contest #1) Pastebin Page
Cavern Crawlers (Race Contest #2) Pastebin Page
Airship Race Motherfuckers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://ajaxian.com/archives/would-you-like-a-_-with-that-new-library-gives-js-what-it-should-have#comment-276203
- Dont solve problems that dont exist.
- Improve the wheel, dont reinvent it.
- Port the wheel if it doesnt exist in your environment.
- Integrate the wheel into your project.
- Make sure you can replace your wooden wheel for a rubber one if someone else invents it.
Alevice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 06:37 AM   #1857
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

I think just a poll is the better option here. I mean, what would a judge grade on? "Race Design"? But that would really be a part of everyone's vote anyway, so...
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.

Last edited by Pyrogasm : 04-23-2009 at 06:37 AM.
Pyrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:56 AM   #1858
cosmicat
Probably AFK

cosmicat will become famous soon enough (71)cosmicat will become famous soon enough (71)cosmicat will become famous soon enough (71)

The main purpose for a judge, as I see it, is to provide a mediating factor. That is, ordinary voters may be biased in favor of friends or people who helped with their own submission, for instance. A judge, hopefully, would be above such considerations.

Since I am not an entrant, it makes no difference to me either way.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:14 AM   #1859
Flame_Phoenix

Submissions (10)

Quote:
It is not ignored, neither is the Olympics. Let me remind you that there are effectively 4 people on this website that do an entire staff's job. Outside of the occasional moderation here and there, the admins practically do everything. I would appreciate it a lot if you would stop riding on us and accept the fact that right now (it being, you know, the last weeks of college semesters) we have things more important to do than run contests.
Thx God it is not Olympics, I would hate to wait another 6 months ... to have nothing in the end.
If you lack on staff, just promote more people. Seriously, you have plenty of people that have enough knowledge to be come mods (Litany occurs me)...
I am not in your country, so I can't talk about end of the semesters (mine is only on half ... and its being hell) but I understand your position. However, you shouldn't make promises you know you can't keep. And yes, this is my last post where I wine (whine xD ) about the delay, so you can relax ...

Having in mind most mods (that can be judges) are busy now, I believe a simple pool (let's swim guys!) would be enough IMO. =D
Old 04-23-2009, 10:04 AM   #1860
Michael Peppers
Lepus?

Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (188)Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (188)Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (188)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicat
The main purpose for a judge, as I see it, is to provide a mediating factor. That is, ordinary voters may be biased in favor of friends or people who helped with their own submission, for instance. A judge, hopefully, would be above such considerations.
That's a good point, but I vote for only the poll hoping that the number of voters may overcome the biases.