wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Cinematics
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2003, 07:46 PM   #1
Undead-Swarm
User

Undead-Swarm has little to show at this moment (0)

There, hope that tital was specific :D.

Anyways...

I need some help here. I think I know what to do but I would like to get help from the ... Gods ... okay?

Heres my questions:

1st-- how come whenever I use the 'Cinematic - Transmission From Unit' trigger and try to use the sound field, the sound never plays? Do I have to attach it to the unit like a 3d sound first?

2nd-- I don't understand the 'camera' tab. Do you really have to place a LOT of cameras and mod their fields/angle just to get the in-game camera to, say, revolve around the unit??? Because the ... Godly Cinematics ... have revolving cameras, and I'd like to make a good cinematic at the beggining of my map where the camera is floating around my main character...

3rd-- Is there a way to make sure your cinematic has the right time-waiting? You know, like seconds before so-and-so speaks and then seconds before the next so-and-so speaks, without testing over and over and over and ov- oh, you get it.

4th-- I want to play the music blizzard plays in their cinematics, what one is that and can someone tell me how to make it through the whole cinematic or through the whole game? THANKS!

Thanks for the help! :D

Undead-Swarm
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 03-09-2003, 08:10 PM   #2
Undead-Swarm
User

Does no one have an answer?
Old 03-09-2003, 08:11 PM   #3
DaemonKillar
User

Respected User

Submissions (1)

DaemonKillar has a spectacular aura about (77)DaemonKillar has a spectacular aura about (77)DaemonKillar has a spectacular aura about (77)

1. I never really used sounds in transmissions, but I believe if you go in the sound's properties (sound editor) and set the effect to Default and channel to looping ambient. No 3d sound.

2. Insaniteus used this effect more than I have so I think he'll be able to give you a better answer.

3. hehe I definitely love this feature to be possible, but I am doomed to watch the whole thing over and over again to check the timing. No easy way out there :)

4. Go in the sound editor, wether in Internal Music/sound.mp3 or in sound/music/mp3music/sound.mp3. Check loop if you want it to repeat over and over again.
Old 03-09-2003, 08:23 PM   #4
Insaniteus
User

Respected User

Insaniteus is on a distinguished road (11)

1: I've never even heard of that problem, plus as you may have notice Daemonkiller and I have yet to make a movie with voices lol.
2: Getting a Camera to revolve around a unit is surprisingly hard actually. The War3 engine is VERY stupid as pertains to the properties of a circle and it is too stupid to realize that 0 degrees and 359 degrees are right next to each other. At first I made a bunch of cameras breaking the workload up yada yada and now I know it's not needed.

---Create a camera, lock camera target to your unit, and then change his rotation slowly from 0 to 180, from 180 to 359, from 359 to 0 instantly, 0 to 180 repeat.

3: Timing's a bitch. Testing my map is what made it take so damn long to make. My only advice here is to break things up into smaller triggers and set conditions for running them.

---example: You tell someone to run somewhere. Rather than trying to guess when he'll get there, just end this trigger and make a new one with the event Unit enters Region.

4: There are 2 of them actually (the War2 Music and the Concert). They are called War2Intromusic and Credits both located in the Internal Music folder with all of the others.

-Insaniteus-
Old 03-09-2003, 08:28 PM   #5
Undead-Swarm
User

Thanks!
If you would like to see my first level when its done (I wouldn't exactly mind...) PLEASE tell me :D. I'm figureing it will be done today :D.

Undead-Swarm
Old 03-09-2003, 08:31 PM   #6
Insaniteus
User

Respected User

Yeah sure, this is the place for showing off cinematics afterall.

Today looks to be a good day with 2 maps coming out here. We're moving up in the world.

-Insaniteus-
Old 03-09-2003, 08:43 PM   #7
Undead-Swarm
User

Cool, thx... God I love the SadMystery.mp3 song in the game, the one blizz played at the beggining of more than half of THEIR cins... so cool ;)

See ya soon then :D

Oh, can you give me some ideas for a modded-ultimate for my Necromancer Hero named 'Nagash'?

You don't HAVE to answer that, just thought I'd ask it w/o making a new thread.

Thanks

Undead-Swarm
Old 03-09-2003, 08:58 PM   #8
Undead-Swarm
User

Egads! I just can't figure this one little thing out!!

HOW DO YOU ROTATE THE CAMERA INSIDE THE MAP EDITOR?! I know it has to do with Page Up or something, but it never works! Please help! Agh
Old 03-09-2003, 09:38 PM   #9
Undead-Swarm
User

Can someone please tell me how to make the in-editor camera spin?! I've done it b4... but I can't figure it out today!! PLEASE HELP!
Old 03-09-2003, 09:45 PM   #10
Insaniteus
User

Respected User

Hold Ctrl and drag the right mouse button.

About a Necro Ultimate (I happen to have alot of ones that I DON'T want to release just yet which will belong to Nekrix) a good one could be the release of a gigantic cloud of toxic poison which decays all in range.

-Insaniteus-
Old 03-09-2003, 09:48 PM   #11
Undead-Swarm
User

Okay... thanks alot!

And about the ultimate, would I base it off of Death and Decay and use the toxic-green-gas of the Meat wagon and the Abomb or something? Or maybe a 1-wave blizzard-like-skill with the missle art as the toxic-gas that would do good attack power...

Hmm, I'll have to think of that...
Thanks!!

Undead-Swarm
Old 03-10-2003, 03:12 AM   #12
Undead-Swarm
User

It's done!!!!!!

BUT, its protected (at least I HOPE it's protected :D)

Plz, rate it and tell me if its good... maybe suggestions too :D

tell me what you think !!

Thx for all the help~!

Undead-Swarm
Old 03-10-2003, 03:53 AM   #13
Deicide
User

Deicide has little to show at this moment (1)

Don't know if they answered all to you (have not read the entire thread, but just to say something:

1st-- how come whenever I use the 'Cinematic - Transmission From Unit' trigger and try to use the sound field, the sound never plays? Do I have to attach it to the unit like a 3d sound first?

If is a 3D sound, you must attach it before playing it, even in a Transmission. If it is not a 3D sound, it will play normally.

2nd-- I don't understand the 'camera' tab. Do you really have to place a LOT of cameras and mod their fields/angle just to get the in-game camera to, say, revolve around the unit??? Because the ... Godly Cinematics ... have revolving cameras, and I'd like to make a good cinematic at the beggining of my map where the camera is floating around my main character...

Insaniteus answered that...

3rd-- Is there a way to make sure your cinematic has the right time-waiting? You know, like seconds before so-and-so speaks and then seconds before the next so-and-so speaks, without testing over and over and over and ov- oh, you get it.

It depends.

- If you are using sounds, use "Wait for Sound" and the Wait option in Transmissions. It will use the correct time, before the next event happens

- If you want a unit to move and need to wait the right moment, use different events to continue the cinematic. For example, if you must wait til a unit reaches a spot to continue the cinematic, do not use "Wait". Instead, use Event - Unit Enters Region and continue the cinematic in a new trigger

- VERY useful: Set the game speed at the beginning of the map, or else the cinematic may play slightly different depending on the game speed of the player.

4th-- I want to play the music blizzard plays in their cinematics, what one is that and can someone tell me how to make it through the whole cinematic or through the whole game? THANKS!

Trigger: Sound - Play Music (will repeat the music over and over until you tell the game to stop music or to play a new one)

To access music from the game via this trigger, you must first import the music into your map.

and

Sound - Play Music Theme (play the music once, and then returns to the previous playing music)

You do NOT need to import music to use a Music Theme.
Old 03-10-2003, 03:55 AM   #14
Insaniteus
User

Respected User

Heh, actually to do what I had in mind I would have used Starfall edited to use the Plague Cloud model.

Oh well, I just got your map and I'll check it out. I'll tell you what I think of it.

-Insaniteus-
Old 03-10-2003, 02:28 PM   #15
Undead-Swarm
User

Hmm... for Chapter 2: Inside the Temple, what tileset should I use??? Dalaran with a dark tile or... dungeon with a more volcanic look and feel to it??? I though the dungeon seemed more fiery and Dalarans tile set to seem more... new or something...

Plz hlp! :D
Closed Thread