wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > General Development
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 04:04 AM   #1
Zero
User

Zero has little to show at this moment (4)

Send a message via AIM to Zero Send a message via MSN to Zero

Ok, I am going crazy. I want to add spells like curse, inner fire, fearie fire (etc.) on to items. The only thing is, when you add them and try to cast them. Nothing happens and to make matters worse you can't drop them, due to the right clicking auto cast.

I have tried to remove everything I can see related to auto-cast in the spell, but it dosen't change anything.

Does anyone know how I can make it so they have no auto-cast at all?

What else is strange is that some spells you can't use with items. I tried using death coil and carrion swarm on an item and it acts just like the auto-cast shit.

Need some assistance plz :\

Last edited by Zero : 05-06-2004 at 04:15 AM.
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 05-06-2004, 04:36 AM   #2
th15
User

th15 is on a distinguished road (20)

Umm, i think you may have forgotten to convert those ability to Item Abilities. Its a boolean field somewhere. Set it to true (and make sure you set the "hero ability" field to false), click on another spell then click on the converted spell again. You'll notice that some fields disappear (autocast should be among the fields that no longer even appear).

That's what i think you got wrong, but I may be wrong :)
Old 05-06-2004, 04:54 AM   #3
Zero
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by th15
Umm, i think you may have forgotten to convert those ability to Item Abilities. Its a boolean field somewhere. Set it to true (and make sure you set the "hero ability" field to false),

Yea allready tried this. Same results. Thx anyways :)
Anyone else?
Old 05-06-2004, 08:42 AM   #4
Panto
LASER DRAGONS IS RELEASED

Development Moderator
User Project: Panto

Submissions (2)

Panto is a jewel in the rough (247)Panto is a jewel in the rough (247)Panto is a jewel in the rough (247)Panto is a jewel in the rough (247)Panto is a jewel in the rough (247)

Approved Map: Call to Arms

Unfortunately, even if the fields disappear when you change the object classification, they generally don't stop having an effect on the object.

I think you may only be able to create this effect by triggering a caster unit to cast the appropriate spell on a unit that you designate with a dummy spell on the item.
"The perfect is the enemy of the good." Voltaire
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." C.S. Lewis
Old 05-06-2004, 09:08 AM   #5
Zero
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panto
Unfortunately, even if the fields disappear when you change the object classification, they generally don't stop having an effect on the object.

I think you may only be able to create this effect by triggering a caster unit to cast the appropriate spell on a unit that you designate with a dummy spell on the item.

Damn. I figured as much. This is how I avoided it in the past, but I thought I would give it a shot asking.

Thx anyways :\