wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Artist's Discussion and Queries
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 11-09-2008, 06:55 PM   #1
The Druidinator
User

The Druidinator has little to show at this moment (4)

Default Problem with importing

I recently started downloading and importing various models and spell buttons from the site and from Hive, to use in a project im working on. It worked in the beginning, but something weird happened after I had got 4 functioning models ingame. Now, none of the things I import works anymore. The same thing is for the models I already had imported. It looks fine in the Editor, but when I test the map, the units dont have any models at all, becoming just a shadow. I have no idea how this happened or how to solve it, could some helpfull soul lend me a hand (and btw, yes, I have given the imported files the correct path)?
The Druidinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 11-10-2008, 10:44 AM   #2
Tide-Arc Ephemera
Overdoses result in death

Submissions (3)

Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)

Try re-importing the broken models.

If you're having troubles getting help on WC3C or anywhere at all, please have a look at...
The WRONG way to ask for help and The CORRECT way to ask for help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alevice
You may never stop our bioweapon! We mexicans shall rule the third world! Mwahahahahahahaha!
Please acknowledge that I use Mac and avoid suggesting vJass and other tools that don't work on it. Thank you.
Tide-Arc Ephemera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 06:25 PM   #3
The Druidinator
User

I did what you said, deleted all imported files and re-imported them. Wouldnt work for any of the models, or spell buttons either. I tried importing a few new models as well, but they had the exact same problem. Another thing is also that all the waterfall doodads I had put into the map stopped to work. Games tells me it is Unable to Load Waterfall doodad and all that.
Something must be wrong with that map in perticular. I tried Importing on another map, and there, it worked fine. Why not on the map I am working on? I have no clue.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:41 AM   #4
bounty_hunter2
User

Submissions (5)

bounty_hunter2 is on a distinguished road (22)

Send a message via MSN to bounty_hunter2

it is most probably a bug in WE. maybe you have excadentaly deleted something, who knows, WE is a mysterious thing
bounty_hunter2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:29 AM   #5
The Druidinator
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounty_hunter2
it is most probably a bug in WE. maybe you have excadentaly deleted something, who knows, WE is a mysterious thing

Maybe it is, but I dont remember deleting anything of importance anywhere. It could be possible I have deleted something somewhere, but what should I do to solve it?