AMAI which stands for (Advanced Melee Artificial Intelligence) is an ai mod developed for warcraft 3 to be vastly superior to the standard ai and makes it more versatile and interesting to play against.
AMAI does many things that the standard ai cannot attempt.
Below is some example features:
- Multiple strategies and picks and chooses what it beleives to be the best choice.
- Will speak to you taunting you, or in alliance telling you what it is doing.
An integrated interface to command allied troops using the commander. Give your allied ai orders to attack certain points. Do specific build orders etc. You can even activate a mode where human players do not play and only command there allied ai using the commander to beat each other.
- Ai's have different personality profiles making them more lifelike than your standard ai. e.g. One computer opponent may be very aggressive while another is more passive.
- Improved path finding abilities and microing skills.
- Powerful editing tools that are used by the developers of AMAI. If you want to teach AMAI your own strategies or adapt it to your mod, then you can do so with the AMAI Developer's edition. It has a strategy editor and most of the data AMAI uses can be changed via tables.
- Will train neutral Heros and buy items as well as using fountains to correctly heal units.
- Can use zepplins to move units around or take units to safty.
- Can do general racial strategies e.g. tower rush or millitia expansion techniques to further try and beat you.
- Ai that is compatible with all standard ai's / campaign scripts to a degree so that only a few changes are required.
More info and download information can be found on the AMAI site: http://www.hornes.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/AMAI/