wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Cinematics > Cinematics Archive
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 05-07-2006, 10:24 PM   #31
Linera
Banned

Linera seems to be the reincarnation of TerranUp16 (-62)Linera seems to be the reincarnation of TerranUp16 (-62)Linera seems to be the reincarnation of TerranUp16 (-62)

Send a message via MSN to Linera

When I criticize someone's work I don't compare it to other maps of its kind.
I give a fair score. my score are always on a 5 point scale.
Linera is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 05-08-2006, 12:10 AM   #32
MaD[Lion]
MaD Da ViNci

Respected User

Submissions (10)

MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)

when i vote wc3 movies i vote on how well the story is, how well the scenes are cut together, and the creativity of it's art. I used to ignore all technical stuff, because i know with wc3 it's hard to avoid technical mistakes, since it's all based on technical stuff.

It's like watching any real movie, i will rate a movie on how good it make me feel, not the technical part, because for me movie is an art.

What i want to say is just that Cotd is a great movie :) 4.5/5 as a wc3 movie :)
Timing SystemTiming system that simulates the usage of PolledWait just with 0.01 accuracy
MaD[Lion] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 08:10 AM   #33
Frostigt
User

Frostigt has a spectacular aura about (79)Frostigt has a spectacular aura about (79)Frostigt has a spectacular aura about (79)

Ah, have been looking for these ever since my computer was formated. Wehey?
Old 05-08-2006, 03:14 PM   #34
NiRVaNa_87
!

Concept Art Moderator

Submissions (8)

NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)

Skinning Contest #12 WinnerSkinning Contest 6 ~ Ancient Civilization

I don´t like drama movies, but this one is an exception. It has a great story and ambientation, this proves that you can make ANYTHING (well, or almost)with Warcraft 3. I´m glad that this is back again
NiRVaNa_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 07:53 PM   #35
PipeDream

Code Moderator

Submissions (6)

PipeDream is a glorious beacon of light (463)PipeDream is a glorious beacon of light (463)PipeDream is a glorious beacon of light (463)PipeDream is a glorious beacon of light (463)

You have some beautiful settings, but it often felt that your focus was showing them off, rather than telling a story. Everytime you make a cut, it means something. Sometimes it worked well. For example, there are a sequence of fast cuts in Act V when he stands in front of the pond and goes all mopey and says some names. It effectively built intensity then. Often, though, I found it arbitrary and disorienting. Why show me the same scene twice? What does the other angle contribute?
Similarly, the pans, zooms and spins-while interesting features of the engine- were distracting special effects.
--
This is an impressive piece. I hope you continue honing your trade.
Old 06-09-2006, 05:14 AM   #37
Feanor
User

Feanor has little to show at this moment (4)

Thumbs up

I was wondering Zurg do you have any other projects like this one for Warcraft? I really enjoyed this movie and would love to see more like this. If you could post a link or send them withan attachement to my email synogatch@pochta.ru that would be very apreciated.
Feanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 07:53 AM   #38
Blade.dk

Respected User

Submissions (15)

Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)

Approved Map: Azeroth's Arcane ArenaSpell session 01 winner

Send a message via MSN to Blade.dk

There is this: http://www.wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=58360.
Old 06-09-2006, 07:09 PM   #39
Hemlock
user

Hemlock will become famous soon enough (70)Hemlock will become famous soon enough (70)Hemlock will become famous soon enough (70)

Send a message via AIM to Hemlock

He also made "Majesty" which is his first cinematic, if I were not wrong.
besides Majesy he made "encaliel" together with deamonkiller.

Were you can find them, I don't know zurg once linked to them, but I can't recal the link.

Last edited by Hemlock : 06-09-2006 at 07:10 PM.
Hemlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 07:43 PM   #40
iNfraNe
PhD

Cinematics Moderator

Submissions (7)

iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)

Approved Map: Mortar Ball

Send a message via MSN to iNfraNe

Well.. together with daemonkiller..., he made it for a contest which was to use the terrain daemonkiller made. All submissions had to use that terrain.
The Spirit of Vengeance (Cinematic, Blizzard contest winner)
Elimination Tournament
Mortar Ball
iNfraNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 05:53 AM   #41
Feanor
User

Idea

Awesome, I'll be sure to look for majesty and encaliel.
In terms of some constructive criticism the only real major thing was that I would have loved to see an act 6 with more of an ending to the movie.
Little things to consider improving are:
voice for his wife
in some parts lowering the music volume
fixing the sound of hooves in the begginning of act 1
(they sound once then trail off even though Kel'Thuzad is still right in front of you on the screen)

Other then that There is not much I can say. It's the best thing I have seen in warcraft 3 and beats quite a few real movies. I hope to someday see this as a real movie.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:58 PM   #42
Diljabar
User

Diljabar has little to show at this moment (1)

Send a message via AIM to Diljabar Send a message via MSN to Diljabar Send a message via Yahoo to Diljabar

Why does Act One end so abruptly? It should have fade-out music or a 'to be continued' or something, but it just ends. I'm also a little confused about the ending. What happened really? Did Stephen die? Was the field a dream? Didn't he become an Acolyte?

'You don't say!'

No I don't!

Last edited by Diljabar : 06-13-2006 at 08:23 PM.
Diljabar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 09:21 AM   #43
iNfraNe
PhD

Cinematics Moderator

Submissions (7)

iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)

Approved Map: Mortar Ball

Send a message via MSN to iNfraNe

The ending is up to you to decide Iguess. Whichever makes you feel the best.
The Spirit of Vengeance (Cinematic, Blizzard contest winner)
Elimination Tournament
Mortar Ball
iNfraNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 05:57 AM   #44
Feanor
User

Act I ends abruptly because there's an Act II. I advise you watch it all in one piece. It works much better that way.
Old 07-29-2006, 09:15 AM   #45
divinesage
User

divinesage has little to show at this moment (0)

The excellent COTD, I remember watching the first two episodes of this cinematic, and really enjoying it. Well, back and glad to see it has been completed. Excellent job there Zurg. And now, time to re-download this. =)
divinesage is offline   Reply With Quote