wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Cinematics > Cinematics Archive
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 02-23-2004, 11:38 PM   #1
Erati
User

Submissions (1)

Erati is on a distinguished road (12)

Default Curse of Feanor

Click image for larger version

Name:	sc0.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	6.6 KB
ID:	20024
Overview:
"We are proud to present you the first part of the "Curse Of Feanor" - Cinematic. After more than six month of development it is finally done.
The two maps have a size of about 20mb and 40mb and contain about 15 minutes of film. Expect to see locations like the elven City of Tirion, the Jail of Mandos and the calm tranquility of the Gardens of Lorien. You will see at least two new filming techniques that haven't been seen before in the latest cinematics.
We want to thank all the people who supported us in any way as with models, skins or just feedback in the forums. Special thanks to Borric and Oinkerwinkle for the many models they contributed to the project and JesseCox and Shramp for their voiceactings!"

Alerionh & Erati

Download: Curse of Feanor

Screenshots:

Name:	sc1.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	20025Click image for larger version

Name:	sc2.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	20026Click image for larger version

Name:	sc3.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	20027Click image for larger version

Name:	sc4.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	178.2 KB
ID:	20028

Name:	sc5.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	124.7 KB
ID:	20029Click image for larger version

Name:	sc6.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	135.9 KB
ID:	20030Click image for larger version

Name:	sc7.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	20031Click image for larger version

Name:	sc8.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	144.4 KB
ID:	20032

Last edited by iNfraNe : 01-29-2007 at 11:38 AM.
Erati is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 01-29-2007, 11:36 AM   #2
iNfraNe
PhD

Cinematics Moderator

Submissions (7)

iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)

Approved Map: Mortar Ball

Send a message via MSN to iNfraNe

A wonderfull cinematic. Truly awsome. Accepted.
The Spirit of Vengeance (Cinematic, Blizzard contest winner)
Elimination Tournament
Mortar Ball
iNfraNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 07:59 PM   #3
2-P
la la la

Terrain Moderator

Submissions (14)

2-P is a glorious beacon of light (425)2-P is a glorious beacon of light (425)2-P is a glorious beacon of light (425)

Gosh, this cinematic has the most hilarious intro ever. The narrator sounds so... over-motivated, especially the way he stresses the names is in a class of its own.
Bad thing about this is that I still have no idea what the story is about after watching the intro two times.

Nice cinematic nonetheless.

Last edited by 2-P : 01-29-2007 at 08:00 PM.
2-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 08:04 PM   #4
ghenjis
I Are Scientists

Respected User

Submissions (5)

ghenjis is a jewel in the rough (179)ghenjis is a jewel in the rough (179)

Send a message via AIM to ghenjis Send a message via MSN to ghenjis

It's good to see this cinematic back to the public, it's a shame it was never fiished though. Also, as far as I recall, I could barley hear the narrator over all the sounds.

Last edited by ghenjis : 02-03-2007 at 05:33 PM.
ghenjis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 08:17 PM   #5
iNfraNe
PhD

Cinematics Moderator

Submissions (7)

iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)

Approved Map: Mortar Ball

Send a message via MSN to iNfraNe

That was the case in the first version. Should be fixed now.. Still hard to make up what the story is about tho :)
The Spirit of Vengeance (Cinematic, Blizzard contest winner)
Elimination Tournament
Mortar Ball
iNfraNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 08:53 PM   #6
Armelior
User

Submissions (3)

Armelior will become famous soon enough (44)Armelior will become famous soon enough (44)

I'm glad to hear I'm not he only one that had trouble to understand the voice...

The first part is more of a paintings (from Silmarillion and LOTR book, I don't recall the name of the artist) and terraining showcase than a cutscene. The 2nd is much better, but it still hard to follow the story (even if you already read it, like I did).

In the final scene, the first time I saw it, I wondered who were all these gnomes behind the old guy, before I realised it was him who was a Valar (aka a God) and the other were the elves. I think it would have been easier to understand if the scene begun on the leves and after that the camera shows the 2 big Gods. Or else the Gods should be a LOT bigger than elves.

Technically, the terraining, cameras, sounds are nearly perfect (only a shame to use the ugly, stretched blizzard tree texture in the "eagle flight" part). But it's a bit boring IMO. Same problem with "The Hobbit", Tolkien is not easy to adapt under war3 without being too boring (or to cut too many tings to have action sooner).
BTW had this cutscene (The Hobbit) ever been submitted (and rejected) here ?

Completed cutscene :
The mansion (MnM cinematic contest winner)

Current projects (cutscene) :
The two sisters
Armelior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 03:33 PM   #7
JnM
Cinies ftw <3!

Submissions (1)

JnM will become famous soon enough (66)JnM will become famous soon enough (66)JnM will become famous soon enough (66)

Send a message via AIM to JnM Send a message via MSN to JnM

I agree with you guys, when I heard the voices at the begining I was like Mainly because of the sound that was going on at the same time...

Other then that, your terrain is pretty sweet, especially around the city part. The whole mouth moving while they talk is cool too :)
Old 03-19-2007, 12:35 AM   #8
Feanor
User

Feanor has little to show at this moment (4)

Yay finally a cinematic dedicated specifically to me :) great job guys
Old 04-13-2007, 09:59 PM   #9
PurgeandFire111
User

PurgeandFire111 will become famous soon enough (58)PurgeandFire111 will become famous soon enough (58)

Lol... This cinematic is good, but it is really hard to hear and even interpret what the narrator/people are saying. The terrain is awesome and amazing, but I think this cinematic had more time spent on the terrain, than the cinematic itself.
Cinematics for Warcraft have subtitles for a reason, and still with voices, it makes it much easier to know what the people are saying through subtitles.
This is a great cinematic, but I wish more time was focused on the cinematic. This could be the next Cinematic Tri-X unless terrain becomes a little less focused on. (Though the point of CTX was for terrain )

Aside from that, this is a great cinematic. 4/5 for your stunning terrain and cool use of mouth movement thingies.
PurgeandFire111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 03:06 AM   #10
Craka_J 123
R.I.P. George Carlin

Submissions (6)

Craka_J 123 will become famous soon enough (47)Craka_J 123 will become famous soon enough (47)

Send a message via AIM to Craka_J 123 Send a message via MSN to Craka_J 123 Send a message via Yahoo to Craka_J 123

I just watched both cinematics and although the terrain, storyline, music, sounds, etc. were really good, I was brought into bordom throughout the entire time. Just a bunch of narration and no action at all. Although this was good none the less. Cameras were good and when the camera went through trees, I like how you made it sound like the camera man was actually pushing the leaves out of the way. But for really good terrain, +rep ^^

PS: I also like the mouth talking stuff, teh leet!

Last edited by Craka_J 123 : 05-06-2007 at 03:11 AM.
Craka_J 123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 09:46 PM   #11
darkchaos11
User

darkchaos11 has little to show at this moment (0)

holy shit you just made me shit myself it was so good

Last edited by darkchaos11 : 09-12-2007 at 09:55 PM.
darkchaos11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 03:48 PM   #12
PlRATE
User

PlRATE has little to show at this moment (0)

Wow looks great good luck on your way! :)