wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Town Hall > WC3C News
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2003, 10:37 AM   #1
DraX
User

Respected User

DraX is on a distinguished road (10)

We've just started a new feature on WC3Campaigns to separate those few exceptional models and skins from the pack and let them truly shine. Within the Artists' Corner you will now find the Staff Favorites, where myself or another member of the staff showcases one of the WarCraft III skins or models that really jump out at us.

We hope that through this we can give credit where it is due and show these talented artists some of the respect they deserve, as opposed to allowing their threads to get lost in the galleries.

First up, we have KDEWolf's HiTech Blademaster skin, and CitizenSnip's Steve model from Project Sauroid.

The skins on both of these are fantastic and the Steve model itself is sure to animate beautifully once the exporter is completed. I've seen some posed shows of him that have not yet been released to the public, and I can't wait to see him in-game.
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 05-04-2003, 11:51 AM   #2
Feral
User

Feral is on a distinguished road (20)

Wow. Will we be able to post in there? And shouldn't you add some favorites for hand-drawn art?
Old 05-04-2003, 12:53 PM   #3
Electromancer
User

Respected User

Electromancer is on a distinguished road (10)

Concept art is still pretty new. Plus its not getting as many new things as the modelling and skinning forum.
Old 05-04-2003, 03:46 PM   #4
DaemonKillar
User

Respected User

Submissions (1)

DaemonKillar has a spectacular aura about (77)DaemonKillar has a spectacular aura about (77)DaemonKillar has a spectacular aura about (77)

Very good idea, been waiting for this since a long time already :D
Old 05-04-2003, 05:55 PM   #5
DraX
User

Respected User

Only staff are able to post new threads to that forum. Everyone else is only able to reply to existing threads, similar to the way the news forum is set up.
Old 05-04-2003, 06:06 PM   #6
Iron_Ian
User

Respected User

Submissions (1)

Iron_Ian will become famous soon enough (51)Iron_Ian will become famous soon enough (51)

This is a good idea. Now skilled people will get their work recognized more!
Old 05-05-2003, 03:10 AM   #7
The Lord
User

The Lord is on a distinguished road (10)

I AGREE!!!!!
Old 05-05-2003, 08:36 PM   #8
Shooter02
User

Shooter02 has little to show at this moment (0)

Good Idea using 2 people and not just one cause then it wouldn't really mean as much if you put your own work in there :ggani:
Old 05-05-2003, 09:09 PM   #9
AfterShock

What about the people who can't skin or model? just leave us out:( you should have a Staffs Map Pick, and stuff so yeah:D

Old 05-07-2003, 01:02 AM   #10
DraX
User

Respected User

I don't run the mapping section... matter of fact, I'm never even there.... We've got a lot of changes in store for this site.... I'll see what the consensus is by the mapping moderators and such

Thing is, it's much quicker and easier to recognize and good model or skin... it takes much longer to choose a map.

But, that's not my department.
Closed Thread