wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Concept Art / Fan Art
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 12:16 AM   #1
kimchi man
User

kimchi man has little to show at this moment (8)

hey remeber me? that wierd asian guy with 3 slanted eyes and a half inch peni$.

I thought i stop lurking and post. oops cannot forget the typical asian smiley ^^, >_<, 0_0

these have a kinda anime/asian feel to them.

Im thinking why the hell do I have to draw like the white man. How come I have to draw the ideal white man or woman. Because American culture says its right?. Tell me this, would you honestly feel the same way about Superman if he was mexican, indian , or chinese.

Lets face it, white plp are idealised in this country, and other races are subordinate to them. I have to accept the fact I just primarly exist just to suk the wht mans cock and tickle his balls.

If you don't belive me look around you , Movies, Tv shows, Comics, cartoons and even ART. It's kinda hard not to feel inferior.

Im not racist and I dont hate wht plp. The only person I hate is myself, for realizing this right now.

You guys have all been manipulated by culture. It tells us how to act, whats right or wrong, whats pretty and whats ugly.

You know whats a scary thought. People are not born with individuality and personality.Personality is determined by your enviroment and culture, so all we are are a bunch of mindless robots. Controlled by the matrix ,oops I mean culture.

did I just say all that out loud. >_<. Sorry for the rude attitude, hate me I don't give a crap.

Lately I been feeling a bit crazy. I think I need to see a psychatrist.

Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 04-21-2005, 12:40 AM   #2
`deathlegionare

Submissions (5)

`deathlegionare will become famous soon enough (46)`deathlegionare will become famous soon enough (46)

Send a message via AIM to `deathlegionare

hey hey hey!

kimichi is back, even if you said you were leaving pernamently. :P

great stuff as usuall..

lol
"ROAR"
Old 04-21-2005, 12:49 AM   #3
FatUglyNakedGuy
User

FatUglyNakedGuy is on a distinguished road (21)

omg.. i cant believe you came back into my life! lol. like always, i love your art. There is something really calming about them. I think its your line work. They are very precise and looks very neatly done. After a while, i get impatient and my lines get sloppy and crooked... Bravo man!
Old 04-21-2005, 01:04 AM   #4
Ogre Crossing

Respected User

Ogre Crossing has little to show at this moment (4)

Well, the americas were settled by the Europeans, after all. No surprise that it should be dominated by caucasians. Most art today is directly descended from European art, from medieval to renaissance, baroque to neo-classicism, impressionism and so on. If we feel attracted to it, the blame is our own, for art in the rest of the world, if it has not been acculaturated by European art, follows their own course. There are as many examples of conglomeration of two cultures' art as isolation and continuity in others'.

Media and advertising, well, it is specifically tailored to bring in the money. Most of this century's advertisements have been targetted towards caucasians because they have typically had more money and inclination to buy those products. There is some shifting, as the buying power shifts, in the past several decades, into a more diverse advertising market. The end result is getting your money out of your pocket and into their's. And trust me, there is no other motive behind corporate America.

Sucks, I know. 10 percent of the population control 90 percent of the world, and own much of the wealth. I'm from what I guess some people could define as a middle-lower class family, if not lower class itself. I know I will never ever be able to put my hands on any great amount of money.

I don't mind, though. True, I am often torn between feeling happiness with immaterial things, those true things that cannot be bought, and the material world that I am always subjected to. But everybody needs to keep things in perspective; it will all be dust one day. The best things in life truly are free. Then the transparency od everything becomes evident, and the consumerism becomes a tragic joke.

But I'm getting far afield here.

First off, good to see you again. Secondly, damn you. I'm still envious.

I'm still amazed at how far you've come from when I've first saw your stuff on Infoceptor to the stuff before me today. I don't think I can honestly do anything but give ass-pats. I see no general problems to criticize, only specific details.

Favorite is the face on the second page, and the torsoes in the fourth and last pages.

You're gonna hate me, but I still want to see a finished illustration. And don't say anything about drawing the line between sketch and finished; CA.org and eatpoo have both distinguished betwen the two by making seperate forums.

---edit---

Well, if you want some concentrated criticism:

Page 1: the woman's head looks too small for her body. Arms are too short, even if they aren't defined. Julia Roberts needs darker values in the face. (I think that's her?)

Page 2: I still like the nun's features; good building up of the flesh. Inside of hood isn't finished; nees to be dark as or darker than the rest of it. Neck needs to be darkened, especially where it enters into the cloth, and below the ear. Shadow is too sharp around jawline unless you extend it, turn it into a cast shadow, or match the local value of the rest of her face to include shadows that dark. Better to have the eyes too small than too large, says I. The woman's head is too small for her body again, unless you wanted to convery an unearthly grace and proportions.

Page 3: Weakest part is the cloth. Out of incapability or simply not finishing it, I don't know. Biggest problem is that the areas in the shadow are flat, but that is there in the rest of the drawing, so the dark areas just need more definition and darker values. Underside of her knee looks too sharp.

Page 4: Can't think of much to say. To fit with the style, the guys fingers should be wider, I think. Torso studies look alright to me, but I'm no expert in anatomy.

Page 5. I really like this for what it is. Nostalgic. A third point of perspective and a rotated view could have been more interesting, but would've made for a different look.

Page 6: Not much to say. Nose looks a little flat on the top right face.

Page 7: Solid looking. I like the torsoes showing torsion.

Last edited by Ogre Crossing : 04-21-2005 at 09:11 AM.
Old 04-21-2005, 03:22 AM   #5
Savage Nation

Yes caucasians have taken over today's society but if you take it all for the truth you will be flooded with images of how to look, think, and act. I just say screw society, I decide what I take in and what I don't......

Ah, about the art, I love it as everyone else has. My favorite picture is the female abdomin with a strap over her breasts (not just because its hot) it seems much more smooth than the lady below on page 3. About the laddy on page 3 her legs seem like clay with not alot of "bumps". Oh and the nun is also very good but there is something about her neck and lower-rear head that looks incorrect. You seem to draw women with long necks. Hope you don't leave just yet. Roar...

Old 04-21-2005, 03:40 AM   #6
Moon_Lunatic
User

Respected User

Moon_Lunatic is on a distinguished road (10)

Goddamn, that's quite amazing. I never expected to see you improve that rapidly. Believe it or not, that's actually quite an improvement. What I love the best about your art is the values. Second most, how clean it is. I like the nun and that egyptian looking woman most of all.

Hope you're here to stay, but I can't keep you from going.

Edit: Looked at the nun, perhaps the values on her neck and the inside of her hood are off a bit. And the guys could use some work. They don't seem up quite up to par as your ladies. Only things I could find.
Old 04-21-2005, 07:19 AM   #7
kimchi man
User

kimchi man has little to show at this moment (8)

thx for the crits. I need more crits. the nun is all out of whack . The eyes are too small for the face. she looks like a alien.

haha clay legs didn't notice that. I was trying to mass/simplfy and it ended looking like clay.

Moon: yeah trying to work on the males, maybe i should have used ref. I don't know something about staring at a picture of a nekked male with muscle just doesn't feel right .

I like b00bs.
Old 04-21-2005, 10:16 AM   #8
StormrageJunior
User

Submissions (1)

StormrageJunior has a spectacular aura about (89)StormrageJunior has a spectacular aura about (89)StormrageJunior has a spectacular aura about (89)

OMG teh return of teh king
Yeah, we are the sum of all our experiments... I wrote something about that a few weeks ago, but nobody read it so far...
Excellent drawings. Godly shaded. I like your style, very clean, realistic, and all.
You got a lot of talent... congrats.
Old 04-21-2005, 03:43 PM   #9
LightKirtar
User

Respected User

Submissions (3)

LightKirtar will become famous soon enough (32)LightKirtar will become famous soon enough (32)

I didnt read the remainder of the posts so im not sure if this has been said, but I think one reason for white people in art alot is because thats what you practice first. Particularly because of their face, other cultures all have characteristic faces that people dont see as much, and so they draw what is most simple and what they are most used to. If that made any sense whatsoever. I wish I had time for some resourceful crits but Ill be back later to give those.
Old 04-21-2005, 05:57 PM   #10
Nasrudin

The way you draw faces is very impressive. Maybe your shading is not perfect (not heavy enough expecially) but this probably make them look more clean and beautiful than in reality.

ps: is the woman in the second picture Monica Bellucci?

Old 04-21-2005, 10:27 PM   #11
Candy_Warlock
Hottie

Submissions (3)

Candy_Warlock is a jewel in the rough (215)Candy_Warlock is a jewel in the rough (215)Candy_Warlock is a jewel in the rough (215)Candy_Warlock is a jewel in the rough (215)

Concept art session 2 - Battledroids

AWESOME! BOOBIES!! KIMCHI! NICE!

First pic- Nice stylish ninja a tie wudve been nice too .
2nd- Monica Bellucci in Passion of The Christ ThANK you!
3rd- HOT
4th- Nice study weird cartoony face guy :p
5th - Perspective is jst awesome.
6th - Gives a matrix feel on the left... The other face is pretty and the clown is jst wicked cool.
7th - O.,O

AZN! lol DAMN CULTURE! meh... glad to have ya back.
Old 04-22-2005, 01:25 AM   #12
Saboera
User

Saboera is on a distinguished road (10)

hmm, interesting stuff Kimchi, welcome back
Old 04-22-2005, 02:43 AM   #13
icbm1987
Lost Knight

Concept Art Moderator

Submissions (2)

icbm1987 has a spectacular aura about (110)icbm1987 has a spectacular aura about (110)icbm1987 has a spectacular aura about (110)icbm1987 has a spectacular aura about (110)

Concept art session 5 - Super Villains

Send a message via AIM to icbm1987 Send a message via MSN to icbm1987

Good work Man,

it's nice to have you back.

Kimchi, you've never had a problem with drawing people a certain way... I've always loved your work for the reason that it's got more character than whatever I draw... I'm stuck drawing white people...

And as far as crits go... I really have nothing... I would just agree with Ogre that I want to see a "finished" piece... full colour and all.

Chill bro, it'll all work out.

icbm1987

Lost upon the winds of time...

Searching... for his lost Lord.
Old 04-23-2005, 10:51 AM   #14
Armel
User

Submissions (1)

Armel will become famous soon enough (27)

Great stuff, amazing, wonderfull... everything is well mastered: clean drawing, good shapes, perfect proportions, great sense of shading and composition, amazing faces... nothing to criticize, really.
Old 04-24-2005, 02:49 PM   #15
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)

Skinning Contest 7 ~ Were-AnimalsConcept art session 3 - Dungeon

marry me kimchi.