wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Art Gallery > 3D graphics > Unique models
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 07-10-2011, 08:51 AM   #46
SinisterX
User

Submissions (16)

SinisterX is a jewel in the rough (188)SinisterX is a jewel in the rough (188)SinisterX is a jewel in the rough (188)

All good comments I think, I'll keep some of those comments on the board.

On a personal note the reason I chose the wooden base was because it's barely noticeable (since on flat ground its underground) when it's not underground and just partially visible it looks like the weapons are on a crate.

Now right now it might seem a bit out of place, but when the siege workshop some along, that will have some wooden decks with ballistas.. plus the top of the buildings, the variance will make the buildings look nice and well balanced.

If by then it's still not looking uniform i'll add some variations.

Thanks for the input guys, i'm having fun working on these.

Cheers!

Zoom (requires log in)
CURRENT BUILDINGS DESIGNED

Last edited by SinisterX : 07-10-2011 at 09:07 AM.
SinisterX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 07-13-2011, 12:28 AM   #47
stifler102
User

stifler102 has little to show at this moment (0)

these are amazing! my only suggestion would be to change the crystals on the Stage 3 Castle to be a glowing green instead of a glowing blue as seen in WoW amongst Blood Elf settlements. keep up the good work, can't wait for you to release them all!
stifler102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 01:17 AM   #48
Linaze
User

Linaze will become famous soon enough (50)Linaze will become famous soon enough (50)

Woah, it looks really awesome with the lot of them together like that. I do wonder, though, is the Arcane Vault supposed to be the Shop or the Spellcaster building?
Linaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 05:35 AM   #49
SinisterX
User

Submissions (16)

SinisterX is a jewel in the rough (188)SinisterX is a jewel in the rough (188)SinisterX is a jewel in the rough (188)

It's the shop building. The spellcaster building will look like the current arcane sanctum crossed with the WoW version of the Bloodelf one.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:01 PM   #50
Linaze
User

Linaze will become famous soon enough (50)Linaze will become famous soon enough (50)

Okay. So apart from the spellcaster building, you have any other buildings in mind (sorry if this has been answered earlier in the thread, I haven't read all of it)?
Linaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 05:33 PM   #51
deolrin
Tas'dingo!

Submissions (13)

deolrin is a jewel in the rough (167)deolrin is a jewel in the rough (167)

Send a message via MSN to deolrin

I think he's planning on a siege-weapon producing building, with ballista parts on a wooden platform. I guess he'll also make a Tier 3 ownage building, or an aerial unit producing building? I don't know. Will you, Sinister? :P

~Gladiator, Sacred
deolrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 06:29 PM   #52
Rao Dao Zao
www.raodaozao.net

MDL & Resource Moderator

Submissions (27)

Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)

Approved Map: When the Freedom Slips Away

Send a message via MSN to Rao Dao Zao

Totally dig what you've done with the town hall.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:36 PM   #53
Michael Peppers
Lepus?

Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (188)Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (188)Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (188)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deolrin
a siege-weapon producing building, with ballista parts
Kinda reminds me of something, hehe.
Quote:
I guess he'll also make a Tier 3 ownage building, or an aerial unit producing building? I don't know. Will you, Sinister? :P
I think he's basing the structure list upon the Human one, so probably we'll also see a Lumber Mill of sorts. If this is correct, a "flyer barracks" is more likely than an ownage building.

(From my personal standpoint I hope I'm right, I have no use for an ownage building, while the "flyer barracks" is essential for my elves. A Lumber Mill wouldn't be necessary, but if present and someway special, could give me a prod for some custom lumber gathering system. As I said before, this is my personal standpoint, my intention is not to put any kind of request in front of SinisterX, I'm using my race as a practical use-case of this model pack and, BTW, if I'm ever going to use those, that wouldn't happen before September, as from next week onwards I'll be away from my modding computer.)

Building tests will start tomorrow, as now I'm free!
Old 07-13-2011, 06:57 PM   #54
deolrin
Tas'dingo!

Submissions (13)

Quote:
Kinda reminds me of something, hehe.
I thought of it as well, to be honest. I was even going to suggest him to take a look at that model for inspiration and such. :P

~Gladiator, Sacred
Old 07-13-2011, 09:48 PM   #55
Michael Peppers
Lepus?

Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (188)Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (188)Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (188)

Quote:
I thought of it as well, to be honest. I was even going to suggest him to take a look at that model for inspiration and such. :P
Yeah, me too! xD
I was even going to ask you if we could give him that model to tweak for this pack instead of doing another from scratch, but then I realized it would probably not blend with his ones anyway. A pity, as I really like the work you've done on it.

Hidden information:
Isn't it nice how we are managing to not give any detailed information about the model itself? xD

Last edited by Michael Peppers : 07-13-2011 at 09:50 PM.
Michael Peppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 03:14 AM   #56
SinisterX
User

Submissions (16)

Hey guys.. sorry about not checking in that much.. It's been a hectic week for me.

Um, yeah I am basing my buildings on the human structure tree. I thought it would make sense.

All townhall structures will get an eventual revamp with added features (I already have a few things in mind). I have some sketches done for most of the buildings, including flyer barracks, lumber mill and siege workshop.

For the Siege workshop.. I will be using, The original ballista as reference. (I use the original Ballista for BE instead of the Later used glaive thrower)
Old 07-15-2011, 09:38 AM   #57
deolrin
Tas'dingo!

Submissions (13)

We were talking about this:
http://www.wc3c.net/attachment.php?a...1&d=1269539324
It's a building I made for Michael Pepper a while ago when he requested it. Sadly, I never finished it. :P
(It has Ballista parts and Elven Wagon parts because those are the only mechanical Blood Elf units in-game, both of them being used in the campaign)

~Gladiator, Sacred

Last edited by deolrin : 07-15-2011 at 09:38 AM.
Old 07-21-2011, 02:55 PM   #58
SinisterX
User

Submissions (16)

I might incorporate some elements of that into my design. But right now i'm planning on having that structure be more rectangular as I think I already have my share of circular buildings.

right i'm wokring on the Flyer Barracks.. it's gonna take me a while to get it right.
Old 07-23-2011, 03:25 PM   #59
TaShadan
User

TaShadan has little to show at this moment (4)

nice ! hope you finish them soon :D
TaShadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:17 PM   #60
SinisterX
User

Submissions (16)

Here are some screenshots of ongoing work.

Zoom (requires log in)

Zoom (requires log in)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg town1.jpg (115.4 KB, 312 views)
File Type: jpg town2.jpg (138.1 KB, 296 views)