wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Project Discussion > Map / Campaign Projects
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: What will be the new mini-race? (Note: I won't start it so soon)
Fel Humans (of Alterac) (Humans) 4 66.67%
Ogres (Orcs) 2 33.33%
Murlocs (Undead) 2 33.33%
Kobolds (Night Elves) (in need of Hero Abilities) 1 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-24-2009, 01:43 PM   #16
Michael Peppers
Lepus?

Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (188)Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (188)Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (188)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrbi0
Woah woah. What's all this? Game modes, natives, mini-races... I'm confused. I thought you were adding some races to the game. :?

Adding races is quite interesting, but a unique project needs some more "pepper", so I thought about what can make it unique.

Quote:
Umm... Yeah. So what are you talking about with the above? Love the colors, BTW. :P

This will be the final released Pack, if I can handle all of this...

Quote:
Also, I have yet to download the map. I haven't forgotten; I just haven't gone out yet. :P So no updates as of yet.

Don't worry, there's a lot of time... to tell the truth the state of the project in quite bad, that's why (for now) I prefer closed beta, an open beta will come only when I have new hero spells (and maybe more polishing, new Mini-races etc.)

Last edited by Michael Peppers : 02-24-2009 at 01:47 PM.
Michael Peppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 02-24-2009, 01:49 PM   #17
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)

Send a message via MSN to Kyrbi0

No, I'm sorry, you misunderstand. I'm not questioning your ability to do all of that (well, I am, but that's not the point; I've already said you should take it in bite-size chunks, so whatever. :P). I'm saying "what is all of that"? Like, what are all those game-modes? How do they work? How do you choose them (dialog box at beginning of map)? Is this even a "one-map project"? Will it require a massive map, that has a "section" for regular melee fights, and then other "sections" for the other game modes, or several different maps strung together with gamecaches and stuff??

i.e. "What"? :P
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=
Kyrbi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:57 PM   #18
Michael Peppers
Lepus?

Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (188)Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (188)Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (188)

Quote:
No, I'm sorry, you misunderstand. I'm not questioning your ability to do all of that (well, I am, but that's not the point; I've already said you should take it in bite-size chunks, so whatever. :P)

No, I understood, I wanted only to underline that, after saying all those things, I don't want hopes for a "greatly-well made map" just now.

Quote:
I'm saying "what is all of that"? Like, what are all those game-modes? How do they work? How do you choose them (dialog box at beginning of map)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Beta etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Someone In The Future
How do these modes work?
A: All explainations are in the thread and in the map's quest menu
I'm a clairvoyant :P

4 of them (the included ones) are quickly explained in the thread (and also in the in-game quest menu), I'll explain the others later.
You got it, Dialog box! (before that I was using chat strings but that's so rude...)

Quote:
Is this even a "one-map project"? Will it require a massive map, that has a "section" for regular melee fights, and then other "sections" for the other game modes, or several different maps strung together with gamecaches and stuff??

i.e. "What"? :P

No, 4 divided maps (with same triggers, same objects etc.)
And no sections, the modes will have different gameplay (with the same map) thanks to triggers (and I don't want to bring confusion in the mini-map for the "almost standard" game modes (the 4 ready))

Ah, last thing, I sent a PM also to Shroom...

Last edited by Michael Peppers : 02-24-2009 at 05:39 PM.
Old 02-24-2009, 02:09 PM   #19
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

Ah ah, ok. Never mind, then. (although, even if they are in-game explanations, you might want to write a bit about them here. :P Up to you)
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=
Old 02-24-2009, 02:27 PM   #20
Michael Peppers
Lepus?

Quote:
Ah ah, ok. Never mind, then. (although, even if they are in-game explanations, you might want to write a bit about them here. :P Up to you)

Just added now to the "Pack Status" :P.

Last edited by Michael Peppers : 02-24-2009 at 06:33 PM.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:39 PM   #21
Dragoon
User

Dragoon has little to show at this moment (8)

Woah, big bunch lately.. I don't get these native races..

Just a question, are these warcraft-setting races?
Waiting for Custom Race consest #3
Dragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:32 PM   #22
Michael Peppers
Lepus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon
Woah, big bunch lately.. I don't get these native races..

Native races are just like the normal mini-races, but are meant to be used only in certain modes (or in others using cheat codes), like "Invaders vs Natives" and "Native Overlord".

Quote:
Just a question, are these warcraft-setting races?

Sorry, found this post just now and I'm glad someone made this question.

Yes and no. The normal races are simply a first choice on what kind of races you want.
Here, when I post a race, I write also the race-group (Human, Orc etc.) for this reason.

Last edited by Michael Peppers : 02-24-2009 at 11:25 PM.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:58 AM   #23
RenegadeMushroom
User

RenegadeMushroom is on a distinguished road (18)

Sure I'll be a beta tester :)
Sorry about the non-replying 'n stuff, it's just that my homeworks been piling up, had to write impositions for rudeness, lateness, wrong uniformness, etc - and I totally forgot about checking WC3c :P
RenegadeMushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:32 AM   #24
Dragoon
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Peppers
Yes and no. The normal races are simply a first choice on what kind of races you want.
Here, when I post a race, I write also the race-group (Human, Orc etc.) for this reason.

Ah, this made it clear now..

And srry, I won't be testing, but if you need trigger help, you can ask me for it.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:24 AM   #25
Michael Peppers
Lepus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeMushroom
Sure I'll be a beta tester :)
Sorry about the non-replying 'n stuff, it's just that my homeworks been piling up, had to write impositions for rudeness, lateness, wrong uniformness, etc - and I totally forgot about checking WC3c :P

I Have a tester, I have a tester!

And don't worry about non replying, everyone of us has got a real life so wc3c sometimes has to wait.

A question: did you "sign" (by posting) in the pastebin? I use the pastebin link to have a list of the ones who'll receive PMs when the map is updated...

Quote:
And srry, I won't be testing, but if you need trigger help, you can ask me for it.

Thanks for the offer, for now it seems that I can handle well the triggering for this project, but who knows? Maybe a trigger will block me, and then... you'll be the first one to know it. Sure.

For Kyrbi0:
Since you seem to be the most jungle-trollish person in this site: I'd need a good model of a jungle troll hero, (a melee fighter) but without being always the same "Demon Hunter" or "Blademaster". If you have something like this, lemme know.

Last edited by Michael Peppers : 02-25-2009 at 07:29 PM.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:58 PM   #26
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

Quote:
For Kyrbi0:
Since you seem to be the most jungle-trollish person in this site: I'd need a good model of a jungle troll hero, (a melee fighter) but without being always the same "Demon Hunter" or "Blademaster". If you have something like this, lemme know.
Ha, good luck man. How about you let me know if you find a good Jungle Troll melee fighter that's not a Demon Hunter/Blademaster remake. -_-

In all seriousness, I've been using a Blademaster remake for the longest time (has a nice reskin, and a spear/sword thing... and skulls.), although I plan to have it mounted. I haven't really seen any other Jungle Troll melee fighter heroes, though.

Well... The Troll Ravager that jigrael made a while back is pretty detailed, and it has a Jungle Troll reskin. With some hero glow + dissipate anims, that could probably turn out well. And it's a really good melee-fighter-type unit model. Try that?

Oh... I just saw your screenshots in another thread, and you seem to be using it for a unit. (it actually doesn't look too bad alongside the other guys...)
In that case, I dunno. I know of a pretty good Jungle Troll "Axe Warrior" on the Hive somewhere, which could replace the model for that unit in your screenshot (and thus free up the "Ravager" model for a hero).

Last edited by Kyrbi0 : 02-25-2009 at 09:01 PM.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:12 PM   #27
Michael Peppers
Lepus?

Quote:
I know of a pretty good Jungle Troll "Axe Warrior" on the Hive somewhere, which could replace the model for that unit in your screenshot (and thus free up the "Ravager" model for a hero).

Well, I'll think about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrbi0 from another thread
By the way, nice Troll race. :P I would get the blue reskin of jigrael's Ravager, though. And how can you stand to use those GoldDigger peons? xD

Blue reskin of Ravager = no more forest troll units...

I know these GoldDigger peons suck (a bit), do you have something better?
Only one condition: It has to be a Troll. XD

Last edited by Michael Peppers : 02-25-2009 at 09:25 PM.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:22 PM   #28
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

Quote:
That's fine, just making a suggestion. Take it or leave it. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP
Blue reskin of Ravager = no more jungle troll units...
???

???

What in the world are you talking about? Basically what I read is "a blue reskin of the Ravager means there will be no more jungle troll units"... Absolute nonsense.

I mean a reskin of the Forest Troll Ravager jigrael released (because it's got green skin, FYI), made to look like a Jungle Troll (i.e. blue-ish skin). It's released; he recolored it. If you're making a Jungle Troll race (which I was under the assumption you were), I don't see how a Jungle Troll version of a model doesn't make sense/help.

Meh??

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP
O RLY?
Actually, I don't have anything better; I've been meaning to either work on one myself, or make a Request (I would kind of like to preserve that Trollish hunch and agility, instead of a blue peon w/ tusks and a mohawk. :P)
Old 02-25-2009, 09:24 PM   #29
Dragoon
User

Troll melee models

model 1
model 2 (no hero glow)
model 3
model 4 (again, no hero glow)
Old 02-25-2009, 09:25 PM   #30
Dragoon
User

Quote:

search on XGM.ru

Last edited by Dragoon : 02-26-2009 at 10:51 AM.